• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome Support Thread

Stopping dabs wont help. Ive been having chs episodes for 20 years, been hospitalised 50+ times. I have only started doing dabs in recent years. Funny thing is in recent years my episodes have decreased significantly. Im thinking it has something to do with neem oil. My episodes decreased around the same time canada outlawed the sale of neem oil.

I'm a 24 year old male in Staten Island New York. USA. I've been smoking weed for about ten years..the sudden onset of nausea and vomiting that I have been experiencing the past two weeks have been severe. Brutal. I've been to the er and this is what they have diagnosed me with. Canabanoid hyperemesis syndrome. I am prescribed zofran and reglan which both work much better through intravenous. This is a real syndrome and I believe the best solution is to see your doc and stop smoking permanently

I've had a bunch of daily stomach problems for years, I know by now that weed is making things worse but I'm not sure it's the root cause. My main symptoms are: dull pain in lower left stomach (TMI: I have reason to believe this is from "balls" of stool lodged in my lower left colon, this "lodging" could be the result of inflammation caused by CHS or whatever you want to call it), new food sensitives which cause stomach pain and tingling of hands and feet (the tingling is usually from gluten, again this was not the case before a few years ago and I have already been tested for celiac), confusion / low energy / poor coordination. I've had by now what feels like every test imaginable, all normal except a colonoscopy I had a few days ago which the doctor said showed "some inflammation" (I found out next week if it's anything diagnosable), I'm really hoping this will lead to a diagnosis but I have very low hopes given the past 2.5 years. I'm 25 and male, been having problems since 21, really awful since 23.

Even though I know my weed use is making things worse I'm not sure I have CHS because:

1. I don't vomit, I've thrown up 3 times in my life and haven't for about 5 years, however I DID have acid reflux right after smoking at least once.

2. I don't have "attacks" I just always have this dull discomfort and I have to carefully plan when and what I eat and I have regular pain from lunch time until bed. It's like nothing after breakfast properly digests.

2. I've quit for 3+ weeks twice now and while I felt a little better both times, both times the food sensitivities didn't get better. I'd quit for longer but this is sadly one of the few things I enjoy in life and if it won't fix my stomach problems there's no point since everything I've read says things should get better after a week.

So please if anyone A. Is convinced they have CHS without vomiting or B. Had to take more than 3 weeks off before they saw significant improvement please message me!!!

Last edited:
Ok so I've read this entire thread and have collected all posts from those who didn't experienced stomach pain without vomiting, which I'll quote at the end. I think it's possible I'm just predisposed against vomiting as even when I sometimes feel it would make me feel better it never actually happens. Like I said I've only ever vomited 3 times in my life and only twice since childhood (since maybe age 8 or so), both times after blacking out from drinking, so I think it possible I have the same condition gastro conditions which would warrant vomiting but for some reason my body won't allow it actually happen. This to me is enough reason to quit pot "for good", I've said this a dozen times now but I think I might actually mean it this time. At least now I realize that once every few weeks or so is still too much. So I'm gonna kill this last half gram or so today and then I'm quitting until at least the end of the year. I promise to the old gods and the new (I just starting watching GoT, what a great show high!!!) I won't relapse in 2017 so if anyone has questions or wants an update feel free to message me anytime.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]A patient came in the other day with very similar symptomatic, and admitted to abusing synthetic cannabinoids for a few months. He also talked about temporary relief from hot bathes. Crazy stuff. Back when I used to smoke regular weed all the time I also often experienced the morning nausea, non-existent appetite, and hot shower relief. It would also get worse with stress. Never had anything close to as bad as what some people here are explaining, but I also was having some gastro-abdominal problems at the time too (bloating, loose stools) that have since gone away when I stopped smoking so heavily. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I would love reading more experiences with the hyperemesis, but I would also be interested in more accounts of IBS like symptoms (including but not limited to bloating, loose stools, bit smelly) which tend to abate with discontinued consumption of cannabinoids. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]After seeing this dude, I wish everyone here who has to deal with this a quick and full recovery. Also, if you all treat your kidneys right (drink recommended amount of water, and don't hold your pee too long) even if you aren't having an acute problem they will be much better off when they are under strain.
[/COLOR]

Every episode I have had always starts with IBS like symptoms.
[/COLOR]

Hi, thank you to everyone who has posted on this thread.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I started presenting with symptoms of nausea, stomach discomfort and anxiety (a stong sense of impending doom) the other day. I felt extreemily faint and ended up going to see the doctor, who didn't seem to think much of it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]As a very heavy cannabis smoker for the last 14 years, I am concerned that I may be experiencing the prodromal phase of CHS. It has now been three days and I continue to experience mild nausea, anxiety, a pronounced lack of appetite, and during the first two days smoking cannabis did not help or make me feel good in any way really (it increased my stomach discomfort and nausea).[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]My guts have been uncomfortable ever since this started three days ago, I still can't eat.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Now at this point I don't have the key symptoms of vomiting and severe pain or hot showering, but all my reading suggests that if I do have CHS then these more severe symptoms would come later.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I am quite scared from what I have read and I am very keen to avoid the hyperemetic stage if at all possible, which leads me to my question:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]It's now day 3 of what feels like the prodromal stage of CHS, and as of today I have completely stopped smoking cannabis, and I do not intend to do so again while I feel this way. Is there any chance that by stopping smoking now I will be able to avoid the hyperemetic stage? I have read that symtoms improve upon cessation of cannabis, but I am not clear as to whether I can stop this before it gets bad? or whether, I should expect to experience the hyperemetic phase at some point soon, regardless of cessation at this point?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Thanks for any help.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I'm terrified.
[/COLOR]

So here is my story and thoughts. Been smoking for 15ish years, vaping 95% of the time for the past 8 years. Most days it was <0.1g, just in the evenings. Daily but not heavy. In November 2015 one night I went a little over the top and in the middle of the night woke up very nauseous. Continued to smoke for a few days and started to get bad upper stomach pain and nausea that would wake me up every morning between 3 and 4am. I then noticed if i took a two week break, I'd be good smoking for about a day, but if I did 2/3 days in a row problems would come back. I never vomited but felt awful. At its worst it would go away by 4/5pm. I knew I should stop based on what I believed would start happening soon... Vomiting.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]So I'm about 5 weeks into a 2 month break. My theory is one (or a combination) of the following:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]-CB receptors get overloaded and desensitized in some way over time. Your body doesn't know what to do with the excess external cannabinoids and trys to flush itself. I've started to take omega 3s and reduce omega 6 foods as much as possible in order to make my CB receptors plentiful and healthy again. I have no idea if this thinking is correct or will work, but from what I've researched online I'm giving it a shot.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]-anxiety. I've been reading about this chs for several months leading up to my problems... Could it all be in my/our heads and caused simply by an overly anxious mind?? Not sure but it's a thought. I'd say most of us agree that after years of daily use, smoking is not the same super giddy happy fun time high that we got in our early years. At least for me as time went on, anxiety would creep in more and more and the ridiculous levels of euphoria became less and less. Don't get me wrong, I still loved the feeling but it was not the same as it was years ago.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]-other changes in brain chemistry (that are hopefully reversible) my thinking is that with constant use, and with age, our bodies change and become deficient in certain vitamins and nutrients. I guess this also ties into causes of anxiety. I think an imbalance of nutrients/chemicals/hormones are what causes anxiety and other illnesses. I've read a few things about how it's possible cannabis depleted you of magnesium. Could it be reducing other nutrients too? I don't think many people know because it just hasn't been studied (thx govt). I also read somewhere that cannabis changes your brain waves. Could this overtime cause chs symptoms? Again no idea but just thoughts I have. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Solutions: I've read all sorts of posts from people who somehow know that once this occurs you can never smoke again, to watching a medical seminar from a doctor stating all you need to do is take a break, and reduce your amount... And everything in between. I'm determined to find a solution because I do not want to stop permanently. I refuse to think we've caused permanent irreversible damage. I think this is something that could be cured by a detox, healthy eating and living, and taking supplements that maybe our body have become deficient in due to years of use.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]So I'm taking the "whole kitchen sink" approach along with my 2 month break. I'm taking omega 3 fish oil pills, vitamin b complex, magnesium citrate, vitamin d3, l theanine, coq10, and I'm also doing a parasite and candida cleanse. (Reason for the cleanse is that im still suffering some minor digestive issues and I also read that cannabis could aggravate parasites and candida causing ill effects). [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Besides the minor digestive issues that really only appear when I eat garbage, I feel good. I should state that I'd say both during my use and this break I eat rather healthy and try to ride my bike as much as possible. I'm not overweight and have no other issues except the anxiety that would pop up here and there. I hope that others are as interested as I am in curing this. I would compare it to other syndromes that I truly think can be cured by diets, cleanses and supplements (think ibs). People shouldn't just accept this and give up. Another thing I think about is has this ever happened to anyone in Jamaica? I think they smoke ridiculous amounts but are not subjected to the disgusting pesticide filled, gmo, disgusting chemical filled foods that Americans eat and are slowly dying from.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]So these are my thoughts. I've been researching this nearly every night for the past two months and while I can't site anything directly, you could find the same info on medical research websites, Reddit, other forums, and nutrition blogs. I'm not a doctor and can't back up anything I've stated with hard evidence.. They are just my opinions. I bet if we all keep researching and experimenting, we'll figure something out. I hope I can encourage all of you to try.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I look forward to participating more here and will update with my progress when I try smoking again in a few weeks.
[/COLOR]

Hey guys, I haven't posted here on BL since back in 2005 when I was in high school. You guys helped me through countless issues then so I am hoping I can find some support with you guys now. I was going by the username skylined back then. You can still see my immature trip reports in the archive as an eternal testament to my stupidity.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Now, as to the reason I am posting this I believe I have somehow "contracted" CHS from nearly 13 years straight of smoking every day. I average around 7g of high quality bud a week, so a gram a day pretty much. I also am a longtime opiate addict of around 12 years starting from hydrocodone, then quickly into IV oxycodone, hydromorphone, and eventually heroin. For the past 6 years I have been on Methadone treatment, 140 mgs/day.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I started having symptoms around 2 1/2 years ago. I would wake up with my normal opiate dope sickness, take my dose, then try to produce a bowel movement. On the days I would get really sick I would notice acid reflux when I woke up, also feeling like I was filled with gas. I would usually sit on the toilet and get increasingly more and more nauseous as I wait for some kind of relief. Then the waves of nausea and dry heaving start.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Usually when I feel it coming I have learned that hot showers aide the nausea waves and make them less intense (but still incredibly bad). I will usually curl up in the fetal position on the floor of the shower as I let the scalding hot water comfort me as much as it can while I beg God for mercy and wait for it all to end. Normally I have to stay until the shower until the waves are less violent, or I feel good enough to try to crawl back in bed. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]My body is sweating so profusely that I can literally soak my shirt, socks, boxers and all in about 1-2 min. I mean the sweat literally pours out of me like nothing I have ever experienced before in all of my years of opiate withdrawal hell. As I lay on the shower floor I try to sip on my water bottle as much as I can so I don't completely dehydrate. God knows what this is doing to my body when I go through this.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]This whole process goes on for about 4-5 hours. When I go from the shower to the bed I usually curl up in my sheets and try to fall back asleep. I just lay there with a trash can next to the bed, then lean over and dry heave until the waves subside and I fall asleep. When I wake up I usually feel better.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]For the longest time I had no idea what was causing this and could not find any answers on the subject. Naturally, I believed it was related to the Methadone since opiates and nausea go hand in hand together, but no one at the clinic or in my circle of friends had ever experienced the same symptoms. One of my friend who has Crohn's disease had symptoms that kind of matched up, but not exactly.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I was getting my girlfriend to let me use her urine at the clinic in order to continue to get my dose and still be able to smoke. That all stopped around a year ago when they started adding temperature strips and doing random observed tests. They caught me trying to sub my urine, so nevertheless I had to eventually stop smoking. I wanted to smoke, but I absolutely needed the methadone in order to function. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]So I stopped smoking and after about a month, the insane nausea waves stopped as well. I didn't smoke for around 8 months, until I finally couldn't take it anymore and ended up getting high, failing drug tests, and eventually left the clinic. Now I have been smoking about 2 months and the other day I got sick again. I started searching on the Internet and found out about CHS, and now I really am freaking out.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I refuse to believe that my favorite plant in the whole wide world would turn on me like this. There has to be some kind of cure out there, aside from abstinence. Marijuana is the only thing that makes me want to get out of bed anymore, and now it is damn near killing me? What kind of sick ironic punishment is this?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I would have gone to a doctor a long time ago, but alas, no health insurance. I kept getting sick about once a week and not knowing what the hell is wrong with me. I can't keep a job, my girlfriend is about sick and tired of trying to take care of me. She goes to the clinic too, but she has never been quite the addict that I have so she does not understand my overwhelming compulsion to continue use a drug that would make me so sick.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I'm sure it won't be long until she gets tired of the helpless addict that I am and my self-destructive behavior, but I kind of expected that after all I have put her through.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]So yeah, I know this is not very well written...its 3 am and I'm tired, but I'm almost afraid to go to sleep. I never know if tomorrow is going to be the day that I will have to endure mental and physical torture for hours again. I am very grateful to not be worse off than I am. There are many people out there with much worse afflictions than this, but this is by no means a cake walk. But I can't help but ask the question: why me? [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Any thoughts? Suggestions? Remedies?
[/COLOR]

hey guys, I was led to this thread after an emergency room visit on monday. I figured I would add some more anecdotal data to this thread. This is the second time that this same set of symptoms happened to me and this time the doctor mentioned it could be CHS. She noticed because of the really strong odor of terpenes in my sweat.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Here's what happened: [/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I was trimming some bud at someones ranch last sunday. The people who were growing on the ranch make this concentrate called "The Clear" which is super hot in at least southern CA right now. Some kind of distillate, supposedly the purest thing you can inhale. Almost pure thc, most of everything including terpenes are stripped out - I have NO idea how it's made. In retrospect, this was probably like taking a shot of moonshine instead of a glass of wine or whiskey. I took a glob-sized dab of it and immediately felt nauseous and light headed like the old days when I first began smoking (about 8 years ago). I have a really high tolerance and was surprised at how strong it was (shouldn't have been, it is a distillate after all) The nausea eventually subsided and I continued trimming. I was a bit too medicated for my liking all the way until I fell asleep later that night. (Edit: just realized I had a 7mg edible when I got home like a complete idiot)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]The next morning I woke up and felt like I had really bad gas, like a lactose reaction. Just as described many times in this thread, I went to the bathroom and sat, trying to clear it all out of my stomach and nothing really was happening until my body heat started to rise, my forearms started tingling, and I started dry heaving like I was about to throw up. Had to sprint to go get a trash bag so I could be ready for anything. It got worse and worse, the retching got louder and louder. At this point I'm sweating so much that there's a puddle on the floor where I'm crouched over, trying to throw up but only getting stomach acid. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I had no idea the shower thing was a common symptom but the only thing I could think to do was to climb in the shower and sit down and let the hot water run over me. This helped temporarily and then it just went to hell from there. I couldn't lay in bed because I would instantly soak the sheets with sweat so I had to just stay in the shower. Tried to take some activated charcoal, all it did was make my throwup black. Stabbing pain, nausea, every time i transitioned form inhalation to exhalation, I felt like I was going to puke my guts out. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I went to the ER and the first thing the doctor says when she walks in is "It smells like a pot farm in here". I told her I smoke daily and she mentioned I should look up CHS. Had to be hooked up to an IV, they gave me like 4 or 5 liters of liquid along with a bunch of different nausea medications, none of which worked. Just the pain meds kind of worked for the burning but it came back shortly thereafter. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]They finally ended up giving me a "GI cocktail" of maalox, lidocaine, and benadryl which helped immensely. Didn't know you could drink lidocaine. The day after (4th of july) I hadn't yet researched it and I ate an edible for the nausea like an idiot. To be honest it didn't make me relapse and it did help (it was a pretty big dose of RSO syrup). Then i took a dab and I instantly got a migraine and felt nauseous. I didn't make the connection but I figured my body had enough stuff in it for the last couple days and I put the wax down. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]The time before this, I thought I got food poisoning. This was months ago. I chalked it up as a stomach bug because a lot of people were getting the stomach flu that week. Same symptoms and I daresay even more painful. They thought it was an infection and put me on antibiotics. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]The thing is, two of my friends got the same thing I did (albeit not as bad, no ER visit). One of my friends and I were smoking a LOT of rosin at the time and I think it was when we really first got into dabbing. Another friend of mine got dab sick around the same time and he thought it was improperly purged BHO. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]What I'm getting at is that both these episodes happened after dabbing way more than usual or way more than needed, supplementing with needless edibles, etc. I don't know if its because of contaminants or because a toxic level of terpenes are in your body. I know they've done plenty of studies on THC toxicity but I haven't seen any done on bodily reactions to terpene levels, which are way more abundant per weight in a concentrate form than they are in flower (right?). [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]My friend who got dab sick went back to smoking flower only and he hasn't had a problem. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Also I clearly remember last week eating pizza and waking up with a miniature version of what happened to me monday, i thought it was the cheese and that my stomach was getting less tolerant with dairy but I can eat ice cream or eat a cheeseburger with no issues. Maybe it was my body warning me in the prodrome phase? Come to think of it I get little "lactose" attacks all the time but I'm beginning to think its CHS. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I've been nauseous since monday but nowhere near as bad and my appetite is good. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]My plan is to take a tolerance break, dry myself up, take some coQ10 and b12 and see how I feel. Cannabis really does help me with a lot of things but if I go back to flower and this happens again I think I'm going to quit. Not worth it. Still hopeful.[/COLOR]

If anyone I just quoted has an update I'd really appreciate it if you posted it.

EDIT: Sorry about the COLOR formatting errors, I'm not sure what I did wrong.

Polarized: It is HyperEmesis because you can absolutely not stop vomiting. Even anti-emetic drugs like Zofran in high doses won't stop someone with Cannabis HyperEmesis from vomiting. If you don't have those symptoms be thankful. You probably don't have CHS.

As I said in my posts, I think it's possible that I have the same gastrointestinal conditions which would lead some people to vomit, some people simply have a greater apititude for vomiting than others, as vomiting is practically by definition a symptom of a greater issue I don't think my lack of vomiting proves anything. Regardless I still have digestive problems related to weed and this is the thread most likely to attract others with my symptoms, like those I've quoted. CHS is the ONLY gastrointestinal condition directly linked to weed use (outside of maybe constipation) and despite the name CHS has symptoms outside of vomiting. There is no gastrointestinal illness for which you have to meet all of the symtomatic criteria for a disgnoais and you have no data as to what percentage of CHS sufferers exibit chronic vomiting. Finally I'm not at all thankful to have these debilitating mystery symptoms and I don't know who you think you are to tell me that I should be.

It seems so simple. (Yet I HATE the thought of giving up on weed)

Somehow, some of us retain too much of something in the weed. We get hyper-sensitive to it. From what I have read and experienced, it may take a whole lot (100 cones a day) or very little (a few bat hits before bed)....either way- our endocrine-system says "WTF!" and is so confused it starts sending out every possible pain signal it can. (Yea I know I am oversimplifying)....

It starts with wicked chills/sweats for me, then the HULK grabs my entrails and squeezes for the next 8-12 hours. My blood pressure jumps up 10%+ You will often find me bobbling between hot shower, sink for more dry heaves, eat crushed ice chips, find a non-sweat soaked part of the bed to lay in, all the while I am yelling and cursing at the HULK to please F@ck off, and repeat...the exhaustion the next day is stupefying, and I am useless. Risks during my episodes are Dehydration, Renal Failure and Mallory-Weis tear from the relentless vomiting.

Powerful Anti-emetics like Zofran do not stop it, maybe a 30% reduction?
Strong narcotics (morphine, dilaudid) provide a 3 minute reprieve during initial dosing, but fades out quick.
All testing: MRI's (Multiple). Cat scans, Endoscopy with biopsy, Xray-nothing.

I will have to claim bankruptcy soon because of all the emergency room visits and expensive test, not to mention the 5 specialist here in Florida who've had NO CLUE as to what is seemingly killing me. You would think a GI doctor might have read about this somewhere by now!

So, I found this forum thread and read it. ALL of it. Wow... I am amazed I have company, relieved there seems to be an answer. But the pill is soooo bitter. I really love weed, and now that it's finally becoming a mainstream thing... I gotta get off the bus!

I've quit a few days ago. Just stopped. I had a few old pain pills from a tooth extraction helped me out the first night, but its really a lot easier than I was fearing. Drinking warm (& sweet) Earl Grey Tea for some reason has been helpful.

So my two cents-just quit if this is happening. The boatload of pain from just ONE of these attacks brings - it just negates ALL the highs I've ever had... Think about it.

3 days in on quitting weed, - my endocrine system seems to be rebooting and I'm starting feel ok eating foods again.

I wish you well on your particular journey, you are not alone in hating the fact that you've got to give it up. Face it. Do it. You will see.

I'm sealing up all my stuff in a box and placing into deep storage. In the hope of one day we might figure out if its a weed strain thing or a pesticide. (Im hoping its a pesticide or chemical additive Im allergic to). Ahhh-the things we hope for!

I hope this is helpful to you in your journey of discovery, as it is so hard for me to face it also. It is what it is.

I did want to ask if anyone here has had HALDOL administered for this and your experience. The YouTube video is dramatic in that the emergency room doctor administered HALDOL 5mg/Benadryl 25mg into a 500mg saline drip... the episode was ABORTED within an hour ! Holy Shizz!
So there's that one last question.

Good luck my friends, I wish us all well on this.

Polarized: Sorry you are hurting. If you think you have CHS (sans emesis) so be it.
Let me know if you figure out a way to enjoy mj without gastro-distress.
Im just quitting and packing my stuff in a box until I hear good news.
Good luck

So it's only been a week but I haven't smoked at all and I've been doing better. Today I dropped acid (only my 2nd time doing it) and as soon as the effects start to kick in I get the same lower left discomfort I get from weed but maybe 2-3 times as bad as I'm used to. I'm now 90% sure this is some form of pancreatitis (based on some of my others symptoms as well. I'm only 90% because I've had blood tests done which should have shown pancreatitis but didn't in my case). As of May 2016 there are 13 documented cases of weed induced pancreatitis: http://pancreas.imedpub.com/acute-pancreatitis-secondary-to-marijuana-consumption.pdf

Personal ramblings:

I also experience pain from amphetamines (all of this started when I was taking adderall every day and smoking weed every night) and there's a study on ritalin induced pancreatitis out there as well, I was even able to find a trip report on erowid where someone experienced pancreatitis from shrooms.

So it looks like I just have to lay off drugs for the foreseeable future. I would never have believed someone if they told me that LSD induced pancreatitis but alcohol was perfectly fine (alcohol is the number 1 cause of pancreatitis but I experience no pain when drinking) and yet here I am. I hope to god the Strattera I'm on isn't contributing (I know it's not the cause because I've only been on it for a few months) as its the only thing keeping me functional.

I really don't know how I'm going to do this. Giving up weed was tough but I could tell myself it wouldn't be so bad as I could still do better drugs on special occasions, now I might not even be able to do that. I just bought 10 tabs of LSD and some MDMA and now I won't be able to take it without feeling guilty or risking relapse (because these side effects just make me want to take more drugs to mitigate the pain). Feels bad.

As I said in my posts, I think it's possible that I have the same gastrointestinal conditions which would lead some people to vomit, some people simply have a greater apititude for vomiting than others, as vomiting is practically by definition a symptom of a greater issue I don't think my lack of vomiting proves anything. Regardless I still have digestive problems related to weed and this is the thread most likely to attract others with my symptoms, like those I've quoted. CHS is the ONLY gastrointestinal condition directly linked to weed use (outside of maybe constipation) and despite the name CHS has symptoms outside of vomiting. There is no gastrointestinal illness for which you have to meet all of the symtomatic criteria for a disgnoais and you have no data as to what percentage of CHS sufferers exibit chronic vomiting. Finally I'm not at all thankful to have these debilitating mystery symptoms and I don't know who you think you are to tell me that I should be.

I am sorry you are suffering. My post was not intended to make light of your symptoms but to point out that you are not vomiting. As someone who has suffered from CHS for several years, I can say that the vomiting part is so debilitating that you should be thankful that you don't display this symptom.

As for your debilitating mystery symptoms, you may want to broaden your search for a possible cause.

Buy the very best feminized and autoflowering cannabis seeds at the best prices, safely and discreetly. Atomik Seeds offers excellent quality marijuana seeds to grow marijuana www.atomikseeds.com
Atomik Seeds, marijuana seeds, cannabis seeds, seeds, feminised, autoflowering

Are you guys sure your blood sugar isn't to low due to cannabis.. And that is in fact causing your symptoms instead?

I suffered from very similar conditions to smoking high quality indoor back in mid 90’s.. Docs couldn’t do anything but say it’s gastrointestinal related which I was given lots of antacids & heartburn meds at the time.. I smoke once in awhile (oil vape) to help with nausea after taking Methadone & now Subutex, but very little.. and I get the symptoms if I don’t take my antacids/heartburn meds right before.. in my opinion & experience, it helps but with some of our unique chemical make-ups, I’ve seen it to cause these symptoms even with light to heavy medical smokers.. I can only add my experience & nothing medically factual.. I suffered the abdominal pain, dry-heaving, chest tightness due to the symptoms, & anxiety.. this could also be tied into the strain of cannabis used.. sativas made me react more viciously compared to pure indica landraces that kept me from those experiences.. but they do recur after smoking now, slightly, even as a very light smoker.. so I believe it has something to do with our unique genetic make-up such has family medical history on both maternal & fraternal, immune systems, diets/nutrient intake, exercise & lifestyles.. I know very heavy long-term concentrate smokers who don’t experience any of these symptoms.

I guess its just one of those things some folks get some don't like cancer some people get it some don't some folks are lucky and some ain't that's just life

I have been suffering from chs for 2 years now.
It began once i started using higher concentrates of thc, usually wax, eventually "the clear" (99% thc)
I spent days throwing up over and over and smoking thinking it was relief. Thats the worst thing u can do ...
Hot showers helped temporarily but once the hot water runs out ur screwed.
I was diagnosed w cyclical vomiting syndrome, thats wrong lol.
They eventually tested me positive for gastroperesis. That translates to paralyzed stomach...
Marijuana causes certain involuntary muscles to slow down, like the nerves in your eyes for glaucoma patients, but also your stomach is the same involuntary muscle concept. When thc is present your stomach wont empty properly, and the more u use the less proper your stomach empties.
When the mass passes your stomach sphincter thepain is a 10. Id rather die i think its unbearable. Your bodies first reaction is to throw up the mass instead of pass it. This is where it begins. After the first few vomits my stomach is empty but i dry heave until i almost faint.
The only way i believed marijuana caused this is first hand experimenting ... after 3 weeks sober i can start eating again n have somewhat of an appetite. 2nd month sober i gained 20 lbs back (i lost 30) and then i decided to start smoking again. I was good for 5 or 6 months before i realized symptoms were back ... id stop smoking and it would be liquid diet for two weeks... then i can start eating steel cut oatmeal (this saves my life fyi, its itty bitty pieces flow through your stomach without creating a mass, stay away from bread!!!
Zofran sucks, doesnt help me at all, and the meds they gave me for stomach emptying made me feel like i had parkinsons and it even lists that as a side effect and says it can be permanent if you dont stop using itm it was reglan to be specific.
Chs is so real i hate it. I love marijuana absolutely love it. Idunno if ill ever be able to quit even after its almost ruined my life. Im now looking into all cbd strains to smoke maybe as its thc related i believe.
Good luck to anyone suffering, drs couldnt figure it out i had to on my own ...

I understand that you do NOT want to give up the greenery but there are ways around giving it up entirely. It's nowhere near as simple as rolling a j or packing a bowl but edibles in moderation (not every day!) would be a good route for awhile imo. At least until your body begins to get back to normal.