• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome Support Thread

i have heard plenty about Oz and some Grow Hormones they have available, which are toxic.
that is rather notable, how a majority of cases internationally being from one spot...bull-she-it...anywhere you go though, peoples immune-systems and hormones etc are affected by their environment, THC and CBD help to moderate this - there must be something locally in that region which could be identifiable as common in areas where more cases show-up.

From anecdotal observations Cannabis Hyperemesis symptoms continue to persist in users that switch from Cannabis to synthetic Cannabis. I thought the link might have been there as well.

Which toxic products are you referring to? There were a number of products that were taken off the Australian market around 3 years ago now. I assume some people stocked up before then.

Jesus, this thread it depressing. Why would anyone (and I really doubt the figure) want to smoke 100 joints a day. With pure joints that is at least 33 grams of weed and that is just if you are smoking small 0.3g small joints. That is just dumb and a colosol waste of weed. It is abuse not use, of weed. Sorry for the preaching... And if you are throwing up and you think it is from weed just cut down or stop.

some people call bowls cones, of course where im from is a joint thats rolled wider on the lighting end then the sucking end, i rememver when i first read here and someone said "i nmeed to smoke 15 cones to get high, haha,

anyways, my ex might have had this awhile ago, she had a stomach problem and the doctors never knew what it was, and the only thing she could do to make it better was to smoke weed,

anyways, my ex might have had this awhile ago, she had a stomach problem and the doctors never knew what it was, and the only thing she could do to make it better was to smoke weed,

Did she tell the Doctor that she was a Cannabis user?

Cannabis Hyperemesis still lacks any semblance to "scientific evidence". Many, many of the articles out there discussing it are filled to the brim with subliminal anti-pot fear-mongering and over-the-top illustration.

Think for a second - how do you assume your body would react if you smoked 15 grams of tobacco a day? Much the same. There are no studies that attempt to see if long term CANNABINOID use (via any ROA other than SMOKING) would provide similar symptoms. This is simply what appears to be anecdotal evidence. I wasn't convinced when this first surfaced in the main stream years ago, and I am not convinced now.

Anyway, if anyone doubts that the human psychological system alone can't produce symptoms very similiar to these (read: panic attacks, anxiety, social pobieas, disorders), then you haven't done your research.

It seems to me common sense would dictate that smoking a major abusive level of cannabis would obviously result in sickness. In all reported cases, ceasing to SMOKE cannabinoids have lead to the symptoms dissapearing - they are not prolonged.

The whole bathtub mythology of this has been mostly rejected - many people say they have Cannabis Hyperemesis and yet, showers and warm water do not help.

^^Great post.

My experience echoes yours in regards to the showers. Although one of our AusDD crew members and former super mod has confirmed it on the forum. Maybe that could be some kind of regional thing as there is a vast difference between different environments here in Australia.

I know of users that changed from bongs to a decent Vape and actually found the problems increased. I would love to talk to some stoners that only eat Cannabis to see what their take on this is.

Oh ok cones to me mean joints. So I guess 100 bowls is around 10gramsish I can believe that. I have on occasion smoked a 1/8 a day for a few days. For me it is a waste, you just don't get properly stoned after a while.

Cannabis Hyperemesis still lacks any semblance to "scientific evidence". Many, many of the articles out there discussing it are filled to the brim with subliminal anti-pot fear-mongering and over-the-top illustration.

Think for a second - how do you assume your body would react if you smoked 15 grams of tobacco a day? Much the same. There are no studies that attempt to see if long term CANNABINOID use (via any ROA other than SMOKING) would provide similar symptoms. This is simply what appears to be anecdotal evidence. I wasn't convinced when this first surfaced in the main stream years ago, and I am not convinced now.

Anyway, if anyone doubts that the human psychological system alone can't produce symptoms very similiar to these (read: panic attacks, anxiety, social pobieas, disorders), then you haven't done your research.

It seems to me common sense would dictate that smoking a major abusive level of cannabis would obviously result in sickness. In all reported cases, ceasing to SMOKE cannabinoids have lead to the symptoms dissapearing - they are not prolonged.

The whole bathtub mythology of this has been mostly rejected - many people say they have Cannabis Hyperemesis and yet, showers and warm water do not help.

Do you think the amount people eat when high effects their digestive system/metabolism and what not?
Maybe the craving for food causes the stomach to pump out more acid and causing a thin lining in the stomach?
I dont really know, what I do know is my stomach kills me from the moment I wake up til I goto sleep, It wasn't too bad up until the last 6-12 months.
I've also had stress related ulcers (bleeding) though.
Does smoking aggravate ulcers or cause anything problematic with them?

I guess Ill try to stop smoking for a few days to see if anything gets better...
(Trying to sleep will suck pretty bad though, lol)
I normally smoke about 2-3 grams a day, which doesn't seem like much to me..
Ill try to get back here in a few days.

of course smoking will do damage to your body - the difference is it's the carbon carinogenic and irritatents in the smoke - not the active psychedelics in cannabis. A different ROA would obviously be "healthier". See vaping, for instance.

Also over using any drug, I don't care what it is, will eventually have some effects on the body. Abusing to the level being discussed here is not only silly but also hardly realistic... and that's coming from someone who goes through 2-3 ounces of grade A every few weeks.

Well, Ive been cutting down, on both the amount I smoke and how often I smoke. ( From about 2 ounces a week to about 14 grams...if that)
Seems to make things worse more than it does helped, haven't smoked for two days, feel like hell,
wouldn't be suprised at this point if I already had a preexisting problem with my stomach that I dont know about.

Abusing to the level being discussed here is not only silly but also hardly realistic... and that's coming from someone who goes through 2-3 ounces of grade A every few weeks.

It's 100% factual mate. Trust me, you've known me for years. The figure has even been published in the Australian media, as I have mentioned earlier

Any other Aussie stoner's want to chime in on this one? Tripman has already supported it and said that some people here go way over 100 comes a day.

Abusing to the level being discussed here is not only silly but also hardly realistic... and that's coming from someone who goes through 2-3 ounces of grade A every few weeks.

and how so is it silly and unrealistic? ever thought that quality of buds and tolerance/long-term cronic use may play a roll in someone forming such a habbit??

some might say smoking 2-3 ounces of 'grade A' every few weeks is not only silly but un-realistic... and thats coming from someone who doesnt give a fuck how much of what you smoke %)

this is a crazy syndrome I've never heard of. very interesting though, I've long believed that being a 10-year chronic smoker of dat herb has messed with my ordinary digestive functioning - not really in the way described by these symptoms though. I just find that whenever I'm taking a break from smoking for a few days, whether I'm travelling or just taking an on-purpose tolerance break, my appetite goes way down and I'm much more prone to nausea. whereas when I'm smoking regularly (normally 1-2 grams daily) I am a heavy eater, food and eating feel great, and I almost never feel nausea. anecdotally these kinds of symptoms are pretty common amongst my heavy-using friends, but I have never heard of true hyperemesis aggravated by cannabis as described here. In my case personally I think it's just my awful diet catching up with me on the rare occasions that my gut sobers up =D

Wow this thread...haha. Im not familiar with this syndrome, but i could see something like this happeneing with very heavy cannabis use. Now, this 100 cones a day buisness, I doubt aussie smokers go any "harder" than USA or UK smokers. And i can tell you that it would be very rare for a USA stoner to smoke 100 cones a day. Lets say your bowls are 0.2 grams, fairly small bowl, thatd be 20 grams a day. WTF kind of weed are you guys smoking? the only people smoking an oz a day where im from are either really rich, huge growers, or have an enourmously succesful rap career. Im sorry i just don't beleive that any appreciable percentage of aussies smoke 100 cones a day. or even 50 cones a day. And Don't care about any media documentation of this, we all know how the media gets it right on drug stories (not)

I only smoke a limited amount, usually around a half a joint of good bud every night, but it definitely has effects on my digestion. Since I'm always high at the exact same time of day, it's really easy to notice. What happens pretty regularly is that I wake up slightly nauseous (nothing extreme but definitely present) but it goes away after a few hours... I eat moderately throughout the day until the time I smoke, after which I eat voraciously. If I smoke a ton the night before, this effect is usually more pronounced, and if I don't smoke, it's pretty much guaranteed to not be an issue. If I don't smoke for a few days though, I notice my appetite is definitely impacted, as is my mood.

Anyway, just my experience.

and how so is it silly and unrealistic? ever thought that quality of buds and tolerance/long-term cronic use may play a roll in someone forming such a habbit??

some might say smoking 2-3 ounces of 'grade A' every few weeks is not only silly but un-realistic... and thats coming from someone who doesnt give a fuck how much of what you smoke %)

My point was it is clearly a level of disproportionate abuse. I don't see how you can rationalize that amount. There's a reason I turned it down, smoking that much will have obvious effects on your body. These articles are saying people have been smoking up to an ounce every two days for decades! Whaaa? What do they have, 100 plants on cycle all year?

You gotta be kidding me if you think this isn't media spinning shit out of control. The whole thing is anecdotal evidence, no studies on what factor becomes important in this or not. Well I will take a random, outlandish guess: Carbon!! Way, way too much carbon in the form of smoke regularly entering your lungs. I imagine overloading your CB receptors like this could cause some depressive symptoms and maybe nausea as well. All of this reminds of the "did you hear about the guy in the Alpes smoked so much he "whitted out" (died from smoking weed - directly, mind you). Whole thing was bullshit.

Lack of evidence does not mean evidence, the jury is def still out, and I guess it's a matter of opinion on if a few ounces a week is "more then normal" or "unrealistic" (I thought this was BL, a HR forum? I suppose the point is moot, it's neither here nor there, as there are plenty of other issues to take on this stance). All I have seen or heard come from this in YEARS is false evidence, or simply second hand stories about amount consumed and conflicting reports on symptoms. Obviously too much of something will get to you... but this is just sensationalism.

I have to say I agree with what chainer is saying. I was thinking the same thing myself. The evidence to support the existence of this condition is scant.

Think for a second - how do you assume your body would react if you smoked 15 grams of tobacco a day? Much the same.

Fifteen grams of tobacco is not very much. Each cigarette contains almost a gram of tobacco and it's common for people to smoke as many as 20 cigarettes a day, far more in some cases. Yet I've never heard of this syndrome being associated with tobacco. Not that I am trying to argue this is a real syndrome or whatever, I don't care. I just don't think you can say that your body reacts the same way to smoking 15 grams of tobacco and fifteen grams of cannabis. In reality, cannabis and tobacco exert quite different effects on the body and even the smoke from tobacco, affects the lungs differently compared to cannabis smoke.

In reality, cannabis and tobacco exert quite different effects on the body and even the smoke from tobacco, affects the lungs differently compared to cannabis smoke.

I guess I could have put more thought into the example, but go ahead and look at how you will react from going to few to no cigs a week to a pack a day - you'll be waking up in the morning coughing up bullshit for a good bit.

Anyway you are very correct, the smoke is different, contains different chemicals, and effects the lungs, blood, and body differently. Again it was less for the detailed comparison and more for an overview, I am sure there are better examples that fit more closely in line but that wasn't the point