• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Caffeine and Clonazepam

Klonopin alone wakes me up. After 30 years 2 mg Q.I.D it reverses. But unlike some other Benz'os, it's still the most effective and safe. Xanax is a nightmare! If your Bi Polar this medication works great. If your afraid to go outside, that's what Xanax is for, besides breakthrough if the Klonopin fails. Diazapam is an old school muscle relaxer. Oxazapam is a great Benzo for tapering off med's like Klonopin and Xanax. Doesn't have the highs and lows. Be responsible. If you don't take your medications as prescribed your only cheating yourselves.;)

Hi Tweex. Nice pic. I like Walter White. Good man! Hey I'll pray for you. Breaking Bad, what a great movie!

I tried those 222's from Canada and learned my lesson on that one! Just picked up 60 Diazapam, no coffee tomorrow morning for me. So confirmed,, but why??

Why does Klonopin wake you up??

That's VERY odd to me as someone who's been using it for 12 years it never wakes me up, just sometimes makes me tired but usually just relaxes me.

It's a CNS depressant so it should do the opposite or at least not make you tired but not wake you up either.

I just use small doses of caffeine with clonazepam to help with the drowsiness.. still get my full effect of my medication. Without sedation.

Or will this medications effectively cancel on another

Didn't you just imply you'd tried it and it didn't?

When people talk about drugs "cancelling each other out" this is almost exclusively massively oversimplified and incorrect. People seem to assume that drugs with opposing effects will cancel one another out. That's not the case; they tend to synergise. Perhaps it won't be exactly the same, but drug experiences never are. I've mixed shit loads of drugs, shit loads of times, and I've never noticed them cancelling each other out.

I take klonopin daily because I'm dependent on it, that being said I will tell you this, it is your life and you're free to do what you like, hell I do drugs recreationally from time to time but I just want to warn you so you know, benzodiazepine are highly addictive, I have never been addicted to any drug or become addicted to anything else but klonopin and that's while taking as prescribed, that being said it is a rapid onset of dependence think 2-4 weeks daily use or even skipping days because of the long half life. I do not suggest abusing this drug, the withdrawals are hell, worse than heroine and CAN kill you. Doctors are showing less signs of prescribing to people because of this and even my Pdoc doesn't like that I'm on it but chooses to keep me on it because it's unsafe to take me off it. With that warning he's the answer to your question klonopin will not cancel out with caffeine this is false, it will calm the jitteriness and high levels of caffeine will help with drowsiness however you will still feel less anxious and very relaxed physically while being able to maintain wakefulness, there are certain factors though like your tolorence and amount of either consumed. I took my 2mg today and so far 4 cups of coffee strong which I usually don't drink and just feel normal. Could be my tolorance to klonopin however, in your case if you're new to benzos you'll probably go to sleep well before the caffeine hits you if sublingually administered klonopin waffers.

I love my morning cup of coffee with my kpin.. I am also dependent on klonopin as I have been prescribed it around 5 years or so.. so if I ever change docs, this always worries me, like if they wont prescribe benzos.. I have been to sub docs, which is where I get my kpin from as well, with subs, that WILL NOT prescribe any sort of scheduled narcotic drug whatsoever, even if you have been on them, or will cut your dose down to like 1mg a day after being on 4-5mg a day for years.. that sucks.. That's why I love my doc, she is very cool and understanding, and actually listens and is willing to help me so I feel better everyday, as I have severe social/general anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and insomnia.

But yeah, back to the topic.. I love drinking caffeine at work all day, my boss always gives us unlimited free soda like coke, mountain dew, dr. pepper, etc.. while also being on 1-3mg of kpin depending on my day at work, I am scripted ~4mg a day.. so some days, I can get away with just taking 3 1mgs (at the very least!) or some I need, like 4-5mg.. I don't really get any anxiety from coffee or any caffeinated drink usually. Its weird never really have noticed it before getting on kpin 5 yrs ago, I do get very hyper once my also, daily Adderall is worn off though... as I am also scripted to Adderall one 20mg in the AM before work, and have terrible ADHD, so when caffeine is thrown in the mix, too much, can cause me to be very hyper, too hyper, the kpin usually helps, but again it depends on my day.

But anyways, to put it short, after, as usual typing way more than I intend to on my posts... Yes, Caffeine and klonopin, are awesome together.. with right amounts of each one! That is definitely important, too much of either could mess up the synergy between the two, which is subtle yet nice, I love taking them together everyday, along with my other meds, I usually feel pretty great, when my day isn't too long, stressful, and hard from work.. which is basically inevitable, as I need to work, and I like my job and $ that comes with it.