• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Morphine after adderall

OnCloud9

Bluelighter
I have a mid-term early today in the morning and will be taking 10-20 mgs of adderall XR and will also be functioning on 20-30 minutes sleep because of cramming on adderall today as well.

When my test is over I want to take some morphine SR. I usually take 100mg or more, but since I will be feeling adderall's effects would there be any associated health risks?

I have a slight amp tolerance and a moderate opiate tolerance.

Thanks in advance !

Morphine and amphetamine are used in combination all the time; youll be fine.

opiates wont dampen your amphetamine buzz, it usually gives you a good mixture feeling/buzz. benzos will totally kill ur amphetamine buzz so dont use them. they give benzos for stimulant overdoses to lower BP and pulse, etc..

It's a very common thing to combine uppers with downers. However this doesn't make it safe or recommended. Combos like this, pharma speedball can be tough on your heart. Esp if done repetitively, over time. Besides the heart-the CNS is forced to work harder. I'm running late to work due to shitty public transit-gotta literally sprint to the 12th floor-now. Point being-someone else chime in por favor.

Last edited:
I think morphine AFTER adderall, as in using it in a substantial amount of time after the adderall dose, would be okay for your heart (it'd basically slow down your increased heart rate from adderall and relax you). This is opposed to doing both at the same time, which is terrible for your heart among other things.

^ true u may FEEL like ur heart is calming down after u take a downer(opiates) when coming off stims, but opiates and stims are dangerous and can cause possible fatal reactions. The only downer that safely can be combined or used on stims if u overdose, or take to calm ur crash are Benzos, i once IVed too much cocaine and ran to an ambulance and they gave me an IV of diazepam and on a IV drip to hydrate me..speedballs (*commonly opiates+cocaine) are very dangerous, people think if they take enough heroin and there heart is going to stop beating , that a shot of cocaine wil just start the heart to pump faster to keep u alive, or shooting too much coke and thinking a shot of heroin will stop a possible massive heartattack from too much IV cocaine, this is not al true, it's just doubling your risks for fatality

I take Adderall (for ADHD) and Xanax (panic attacks) and Klonopin (for insomnia) daily. My doctor said that this was totally safe to do (I take theurapeutic doses of all three in combination - not dosing to get euphoria or "get high").

So, it's not inherently unsafe to mix an upper with a downer. (Alcohol + Caffeine doesn't kill 99% of users either, but it's popular). It's very unsafe to mix HIGH DOSES of uppers and downers always, though.

As to the OP's question - I am also scripted MS Contin (up to three 30mg pills=90mg daily) and Dilaudid (up to two 4mg pills=8mg daily) for 3 ruptured lumbar spinal discs (lower back region spinal injury, with nerve damage in both legs and feet, and Sciatica). I've never had a problem mixing Adderall (in lower than 40mg per day dosage: I either dose all 40mg IR at once, or take one 20mg IR twice daily) with MS Contin and Dilaudid (though I tend to take only one 30mg MS Contin at a time, and only rarely use Dilaudid).

Just don't take really high doses of either, you should be fine with Morphine (since you already know your tolerance).

IME it's much easier to function on amphetamines + opiates (which both affect the same Dopamine receptors and have a synergistic kind of high) than Amp + Benzos (benzos decrease the effectiveness of amphetamines for ADHD at least, lowering alertness and reversing stimulation and adversely affecting memory; benzos also can cause sedation negating a common reason for stimulant usage = tiredness (often a depression symptom, and can be related to ADHD symptoms as well). I hope that made sense!

thats weird, all doctors i have been to, have never gave me 2 different benzos to take on a daily basis, i couldnt even get ambien as im on klonopin 1mg 3x a day as the doctor said ambien is "a benzo" which i think he means it's a Z-class drug still affecting GABA receptors..?

thats weird, all doctors i have been to, have never gave me 2 different benzos to take on a daily basis, i couldnt even get ambien as im on klonopin 1mg 3x a day as the doctor said ambien is "a benzo" which i think he means it's a Z-class drug still affecting GABA receptors..?

My G-ma was on valium, klonopin & xanax daily at one point.. so its not unheard of

from the same doctor? i know someone who was getting a benzo from they're primary doc, one from a psychiatrist, and another from pain management

from the same doctor? i know someone who was getting a benzo from they're primary doc, one from a psychiatrist, and another from pain management

Not sure, but i do know she said alot of things she ended up regretting later.

yeah, throughout the years, i have been prescribed valium, klonopin, xanax, and ativan. I do regret now due to the physical dependency, benzos really put a hold on your life, assuming you take it as RXed, it wont be aproblem to run into WD, etc...but IMO anyways benzos really are for short term use, tolerance will develop even if taken as prescribed. the only benzo i know if i been on that hasnt increased my tolerance or became ineffective was Klonopin, i take it 3 times a day, and everyday i still get the same relief. Xanax however when i was on it before, taking as RXed, still developed tolerace, due to its fast acting qualities and short duration redosing is common causing tolerance bumps. Stick with the long term benzos, less likely to create problems of abuse and tolerance. Xanax is like the crack of benzos

I guess my question is, is it normal for a general practitioner to prescribe so many stimulants and downers to be taken daily every day for years. I take 20 mg of Adderall, 120 mg of morphine, 1 mg of Ativan, and 150 mg of Wellbutrin, every day.

You'll be fine. I've been doing this exact thing for the past two days.