• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Ibogaine/Iboga Thread

Hey so it didnt work so well with the second flood. I took more than I did the first time (which was 800mg ibogaine and 800mg TA extract). I'm thinking it might be better to span out the doses of a flood over the course of 24 to 48 hours, because opioids can float around in the system just as long as the ibogaine, I'd be willing to bet. Maybe that's why a lof of treatment doesnt work is becuase it's just one giant flood right after opioids are taken, rather than waiting for most opioids to get out. Anyways, time to get to microdosing and boosters.

What happened? Just wondering what you mean by "didn't work out so well".

A lot of people I've talked to who took ibogaine for opiates a second time find it doesn't work nearly as well the second time.

Just saw this ibogaine report posted on Erowid, one of the most fascinating I've read. Also it's an account of the TA extract being used and leading to very abstract dreamlike visions which is what happened to me, and what doesn't seem to happen so much with pure ibogaine.

https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=112570

It just didnt produce a full effective reset. The visuals were amazing though; the detail is incredible. I saw people walking through Siberia and underground bunkers for days, but the full blown reset was not achieved. I even took more this time (1g ibogaine HCl + 1g iboga TA extract). I'm guessing one of the major issues was that it was right after kratom use as opposed to being 3 days clean before using.

Yeah probably. I've only had it the once though I've been sort of toying with the idea of doing it again when my divorce is final-final, and after my dad passes away. next time I will be 5 or more years clean of opiates, but with some other periods of various drug abuse. I am currently physically addicted to phenibut, I had a period of heavy GABAergic use for a while, but I'm coming down off of it. Honestly I do still struggle with an addictive personality but opiates are still something I do not want. I just could use some healing in general.

I found that a lot of our addictive behavior is not the actual problem, but a symptom of an underlying condition. I used to think 12 step programs were a joke but I'm fully immersed in AA now and it's been really helpful. I literally turn my will over to God 20 some times a day, and find myself powerless over alcohol, something I couldn't admit for years. Just being in a room full of people who want to achieve a common goal (sobriety, selflessness, service work, etc) really helps me. Addiction is selfish, and we have the ability to help others once we put the pill/drug/bottle down and start healing spiritually. Progress over perfection :)

While from what I understand Ibogaine is first and foremost a medicine, does it hold much (if any) recreational qualities?

I really enjoyed my ibogaine flood dose and even moreso my follow-up lower dose 6 days after. I found it to be astoundingly good at causing dreamlike visions. The flood dose is a bit too overwhelming to be recreational (though I did enjoy it - but I love intense altered states), but the follow-up was lovely. But it's certainly only a drug for laying down and going inward, other than in very light doses.

I have a very unhealthy and addictive behaviour with dissosiactives, i.e. I use them in the same way as other people would use crack cocaine (never stopping until everything is gone, cf. Metallica's song "Master of Puppets". Do you thing Iboga/Ibogaine would help me to deal with this addiction? And do you think that I need to stay completely clean from Dissociatives (at least arylcyclohexylamines, I guess that nothing will ever come to stop me from nitrous oxide) for the rest of my life, or is there a controlled use of this substance class possible?

I literally turn my will over to God 20 some times a day, and find myself powerless over alcohol, something I couldn't admit for years.
I wish I could say that, but I am an atheistic agnostic, i.e. I beg with certainty close to 100% that god does not exist and this very life is all we get. And, to quote Richard Dawkins: "We are going to die, and that makes US the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born." (emphasis done by me, see the Wikipedia article on his book "Unweavin the Rainbow" for the full quote).

In my opinion, ibogaine helps with addictive patterns in general. it certainly could help, if you go into it with that intention.

As for staying completely clean from drugs you have that kind of compulsion to... it depends on you. But if you notice yourself never being able to stick to responsible use, then maybe it's best to practice total abstinence from those drugs. It's necessary for me with opiates.

Has anyone tried Tabernaemontana undulata resin or sutch similar ibogaineless ibogaloid containing plants that supposedly aren't visionary, but contain the other benifits of ibogaine regarding dependency recovery? Trying to figure out what to expect.

Last edited:
Interesting, never heard of that. Do report back if you go with it.

If my situation was more stable or if I had someone to watch over me during the experience while assisting with any post body load.

Has anyone tried Tabernaemontana undulata resin or sutch similar ibogaineless ibogaloid containing plants that supposedly aren't visionary, but contain the other benifits of ibogaine regarding dependency recovery? Trying to figure out what to expect.
I'm using sananga eye drops, which is made from Tabernaemontana Sananho, a tropical plant close to T. undulata. It is painful for a couple of minutes, but many times it has relaxing effects, some kind of energetic release. If done right after a kambo session, or during a period in which I'm more sensitive, I'll start shaking, and feel great after. I sometimes have better hindsight in the periods I use sananga more frequently, some strange dreams too. Also, I noticed that my vision is better at night, mostly when driving and other cars are incoming.
Some tribes are using becchete, which is made from T. Undalata in a similar way.

Last edited:
The resin I have is made from T. Sananho as well, but my plans were to actually ingest it rather then attempt to do eye drops. Have you ever tried using it orally? From what I've read it's less visionary, but has the body load.

The resin I have is made from T. Sananho as well, but my plans were to actually ingest it rather then attempt to do eye drops. Have you ever tried using it orally? From what I've read it's less visionary, but has the body load.

I never pushed it more than a couple drops. I felt a kind of body high and a crash a few hours later. I wouldn't suggest to someone to try this, there a lot of different opinions and versions in the literature about the oral use of these plants. It seems like some tribes are using orally as a purgative. Also, bark would have been given to dogs to treat lack of appetite. But others sources are saying that this stuff is lethal when pushed higher than a few drops. I never used sananga orally after reading that. There are probably good reasons than the tribes are using this stuff as eye drops. There are other Tabernaemontana plants that are very toxic, T. Crassa is used as an Arrow-poison. So, if your source is not picking the right Tabernaemontana plant, you see where it can end.

I'm sure of what resin I have... It's from a vendor who produces it for ingestion. Can you link to that literature? I've been trying to research it, but can't find much info.

Edit: I will say I'm not expecting anything like ibogaine and just the same benifits regarding affecting dependency.

Sananga resins without knowing what plant was used or are you saying specifically not to ingest T. Sananho resin? I've seen reports of it ingested without any negative results then what would be expected from an iboga type effect, but just that it lacked the visual aspect ibogaine gives. That said there was still noticable benifits after the 3 days of effect/recovery.

So I'll clarify since people are intentionally dismissing me... Does anyone with ibogaine experience have experience ingesting T. Sananho resin for the non ibogaine ibogaloids it contains?b Please share... Positive or negative.... Even articles

But others sources are saying that this stuff is lethal when pushed higher than a few drops. I never used sananga orally after reading that. There are probably good reasons than the tribes are using this stuff as eye drops. There are other Tabernaemontana plants that are very toxic, T. Crassa is used as an Arrow-poison. So, if your source is not picking the right Tabernaemontana plant, you see where it can end.

I don't think anyone is dismissing you... here is a valid concern pointed out which is a good reason for someone to say not to do it. Personally I have no idea.