• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Ibogaine/Iboga Thread

I'm trying to grow the plant but am unable to get the seeds to sprout.
Has anyone tried to grow it?

Is it possible to use Ibogaine IMed, IVed, snorted, smoked or rectally, or only orally?

Also, has anyone ever heard of a person combining Ibogaine with Syrian Rue/Caapi, DMT, Ayahuasca, Mescaline, HBW/MG, Amanita muscaria or Psilocybe?

Also, has anyone ever heard of a person combining Ibogaine with Syrian Rue/Caapi, DMT, Ayahuasca, Mescaline, HBW/MG, Amanita muscaria or Psilocybe?

Ibogaine is not something you combine with other substances in order to get a different effect... it is also an MAOI... and its way strong on it own, even too strong for most.

Julian.

Does anyone know if Ibogaine belongs in a relatable family i.e. tryptamine, phenethylamine, etc.?

I just heard of a someone I know who combined Ibogaine with an MAOI... I will post what they wrote to me here.

--

"A few years ago, home alone, I very very foolishly ingested 25g of
iboga rootbark, along with some 10x extract caapi and syrian rue,
and made myself very very ill indeed, and got a very thorough
telling off by the iboga, a few moments of extreme terror. It was
2/3 days before I could walk again.

I have learnt a lot since then though, and as stupid as it was, I
still feel I learned from it.

I do intend meeting iboga again in the future with much more
respect."

-

Julian.

This is interesting to read through. By that I mean that it would seem that many people do not get the desired effect of freedom from addiction by simply taking ibogaine.

Having been fortunate enough to experience that moment of clarity myself ( tho with LSD) I wonder if it's a combination of the right time & the psychedelic experience as opposed to the psychedelic eperience alone?

Tobola my friend your thoughts would be appreciated

Anyone hear that Senator Muskie was using ibogaine during the 1972 presidential campaign???
<3 Hunter S. Thompson <3

I would add my 2 cents here, I recently saw a discussion on Ibogaine at the NYC horizons conference. I would have to say that the speaker ( name alludes me) was extremely enthusiastic about its possibilities to cure addiction. He says that done in the proper setting at the proper dose, with the proper frame of mind that it cures addiction more time than not. He was a living testament to the functionality of the drug as he had been a coke addict for years before trying Ibogaine and after trying it he has remained clean (tho he still talked like he was high on some kind of speed :) )

Oh... and I had the opportunity to ask him about the effects of using Ibogaine with heart conditions. He strictly said that anyone with a heart valve defect or any heart condition would be at a very very unwise to try ibogaine no matter how bad the addiction as it can kill a user with a weak heart.

By that I mean that it would seem that many people do not get the desired effect of freedom from addiction by simply taking ibogaine.

not at all... the author in this case, was talking of the first and only time he has taken ibogaine... it is VERY, VERY strong by itself... and its not really about freedom, but healing.

Julian.

hey, karma, where did you read that by hst? was it on of his brief funny context type of things, or did he go into detail? sounds potentially interesting.

Ive had an interest in ibogaine for a long time and would try it in a heartbeat if i could find it. ibogaine.org is a pretty informative site, i used it to write a paper, a ton of reports and basically anything you could want to know about the plant.

anarguista- Mr. Thompson did indeed say/write the above quote... however, i believe it was a false statement made to ruin a political campaign.

In 1972, Hunter S. Thompson, in a classic example of Gonzo journalism, suggested in an article for Rolling Stone Magazine that Muskie was hooked on Ibogaine, an obscure drug. Dr. Thompson admitted that he had made it up and said that he was surprised when other News Agencies took the bait and reported it as fact in a TV interview - Wikipedia

She smokes rock to basically be super mom because she doesn't have anything else to really live for.
Lol good one dude.. Maybe id believe this if crack cocaine was (meth?-)amphetamine.

"hooked on ibogaine"--that's a laugh, only a politician could afford that kind of "habit"...

What would be the anti-addiction drug to use to cure an ibogaine addiction? Sounds like one of those Zen 'imagine the sound of one hand clapping' type things to ponder

I think I would call it "gonzogaine" in honor of HST... :D

I personally feel that Ibogaine as a magic silver bullet drug to get off Heroin is far too over-stated... and that the primary importance of Ibogaine is understanding the plant teacher.

You get that a bit with Salvia, with sometimes with good cactus, some people, some times with Ayahuasca - but with Ibogaine, it is right in your face and very, very powerful.

The thing I got from doing small doses was understanding how "light" it was... and that it was just bringing up our "darkness".

My experience of the fully immersive dose was how humourous the plant is... what good jokes it tells! For me and another friend who tried it - it was "the best shit ever"! - a very evolved, holographic living and alivened space in which to do some serious inner work...

People talk on and on about whether the DMT entities are real or not... but that plants have a living intelligence that can communicate with us humans, is I think, just as an important a revelation in many ways.

Ibogaine is a really good way to understand this plant intelligence... and I think can plug anyone right into that in a very direct way unattainable with other compounds.

btw, I have heard of people having strong psychoactive experiences by converting the compounds found in Tabernathe Orientalis into Ibogaine (as well as isolating the Ibogaine in the leaves) , but it does not sound at all like a therapeutic experience... just really "out there".

More research needs to be done... and I think its through this compound that it can be proved that Ibogaine is not always Ibogaine!

Julian.

I know for a "fact" the DMT entities are real. Nothing else can explain the experience I had yesterday.

and I think its through this compound that it can be proved that Ibogaine is not always Ibogaine!

Actually the extract from T. iboga is going to be different from extracted & purified ibogaine for the same reason peyote/san pedro etc extract is different from pure mescaline ie lots of minor alkaloids in the plant extract that will 'colour' the effects of the ibogaine. This is generally true as very few plants produce one psychoactive alkaloid in isolation