• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Ibogaine/Iboga Thread

morninggloryseed, i always switch back to kratom at first, then later regret it because it's just another opioid basically. i love it the first few days... then i start to get weird... and slowly my soul disintegrates. now i shovel 50g a day in my mouth, which is an expensive habit (financially and time).

anway, how long until one can get back to work and function after the ibogaine? should i take more than 3 days off? that was my original plan.

A week...Seriously,7 days.

Yeah...its a week.
morninggloryseed, i always switch back to kratom at first, then later regret it because it's just another opioid basically. i love it the first few days... then i start to get weird... and slowly my soul disintegrates. now i shovel 50g a day in my mouth, which is an expensive habit (financially and time).

anway, how long until one can get back to work and function after the ibogaine? should i take more than 3 days off? that was my original plan.

My demon now is the 5mg scripted Valium. Ibogaine doesn't touch it and even 5mg slurs me....though kills my anxiety and I'm functional. Maybe it even affects my taste!

Yeah just go get an ECG... I forgot how much it cost, my insurance was able to cover it. But yeah, 3 days isn't long enough. I took my flood on a Saturday, had Sunday off and then took Monday and Tuesday off, and although I was back down enough to be able to function at work on Wednesday, I was not ready to go back yet, I needed more time to recover and think. Up until Tuesday I was totally unable to care for myself (I was unable to tell whether I was awake or dreaming even though I thought I could). A week is really what you want. A week with no responsibilities.

cool, any other medical advice? what about the trip sitter, should i have her check my heart beat regularly or what? she's kind of confused about all this and i don't even know what to tell her. just call 911 if i have a seizure?

luckily my heart is super conditioned, i do about an hour of cardio every other day. maybe i was preparing for this before i knew it.

I don't think seizures are a risk with ibogaine, the only deaths I'm aware of were due to heart failure in people with heart problems.

Your sitter should check your heart beat periodically for the first 12 hours, give or take. Other than that, she should just be around in case you need anything. For example, if you have to go to the bathroom during the peak effects it will be hard for you to walk. Also, when I did it, on the third day I was up and moving around and I thought I was fine, but in reality half the time I thought something else was going on than what actually was. For example, I decided it would be a good idea to talk to my neighbor about ibogaine (didn't really know my neighbor). At one point I wanted to drive somewhere (I don't think I did, I think it was a dream but not really positive). Also I logged into my work email and thought it was 2 days later than it was and it caused me to experience a lot of anxiety because I couldn't figure out what I needed to do and I couldn't log in to the software we use because typing accurately was thoroughly impossible so I thought I was in trouble at work, and I couldn't work my phone for some reason and I thought I had broken my brain (since I thought it was 5 days after I took my flood and I should have been down by then), I eventually emailed my boss in a panic which was very embarrassing later because it was total gibberish, and I'm lucky my boss is cool and supportive, but I had to tell him what happened because of it. Could have lost my job if my boss wasn't awesome. Anyway, if I had had my sitter there, all of these things would have been easily handled, he could have explained to me that it was Monday, and that I shouldn't go outside, that I wasn't supposed to be working, etc. I was unable to determine these things for myself.

I actually did have a sitter for the first full day and the evening of the second and third day (he had to work during the days of the 2nd and 3rd day though), but ibogaine doesn't last 3 days for most people I guess, even though it did for me. So we figured I'd be okay without a sitter the whole time, but I wasn't.

Errr flooded Jan 2016.
2017 was first year no flood...I think I could have used one!
I didn't have any last year.....errrr I had two low dose ta extracts I made from 14g bark....but 2016 was the first year ever I did not flood.

I'm feeling some would be useful..not so much a full dose ever again....I've probably had my fill with 3 floods...Still, microdose a proposed/calculated gram in the from of bark over 30 days asap would be so good now! I'm becoming alive again and the sobriety is intense!!

Man no health insurance... EKG is going to be hundreds... now what?! I don't have that kind of money right now, damn. It should be like $50, this is not cool.

I did the Ibogaine and quit my heroin habit for good many years ago, but I'd like to know what you guys mean with 'flood'? What is an Ibogaine flood?

It means taking 17-25mg/kg of body weight of ibogaine (like if you weigh 60kg, it would mean taking 1020mg of ibogaine or more). It's the full experience, if you went to a clinic for addiction, you got a flood dose. It refers to "flooding" your system with ibogaine so that it hits all of the possible receptor sites. You can take less than a flood dose, and have powerful experiences even, but there seems to be something unique to the flood dose that resets your system much more profoundly.

To i are spectre: I'm not sure man. If you feel good about your heart health you could do it anyway but there is risk involved, so I don't really want to recommend it.

I'm going to be doing this come springtime, the rates for Canadian ibogaine treatment centers are actually pretty reasonable. Been on methadone 3/4 of my life, and I'm 30. I don't feel anything from it other than a slight dopamine flush for about a hour. Im honestly just super scared about post opiate depression, I know it's quite common to be depressed for a long time after you get clean. Apparently I've been told it's because the methadone that I take every day has substituted for my natural dopamine, this it seems like I only get dopagenic feeling while under the influence. Basically my brain has forgotten how to regulate my dopamine levels. I could be completely wrong with all of this but that's my opinion.
Back to ibogaine, if you had the option to go to a ibogaine Treatment Center would you go for two weeks or 21 days? Thanks all, NUGZ

Thanks Xorkoth. It wasn't a clinic, it was an inspired man who had done pioneering work with Eric Taub. It was a full on experience, which instantly terminated a 6 year Speedball addiction. I had tried everything else before that. Methadone and Buprenorphine would just keep me going 'till the next megabinge.
I don't know about Treatment centers but 3 days later I was absolutely able to do everything. It was so effective that I even had to retrain myself to smoke cigarettes.

If Allah blesses you correctly, there will be no post opiate depression. (Some of) The happiest days of my life were 2013...the year I took ibogaine and finally got off suboxone.

If it works right, you might have to suppress happiness or your friends will insist you have gone manic...or that was my experience.

I'm going to be doing this come springtime, the rates for Canadian ibogaine treatment centers are actually pretty reasonable. Been on methadone 3/4 of my life, and I'm 30. I don't feel anything from it other than a slight dopamine flush for about a hour. Im honestly just super scared about post opiate depression, I know it's quite common to be depressed for a long time after you get clean. Apparently I've been told it's because the methadone that I take every day has substituted for my natural dopamine, this it seems like I only get dopagenic feeling while under the influence. Basically my brain has forgotten how to regulate my dopamine levels. I could be completely wrong with all of this but that's my opinion.
Back to ibogaine, if you had the option to go to a ibogaine Treatment Center would you go for two weeks or 21 days? Thanks all, NUGZ

So I am supposed to like wake up, take my last kratom dose, then wait for withdrawal, and take this stuff?

This sounds so crazy and some days I cant wait and other days I'm freaking out. Tester dose first right? Like 50mg of HCl and some TA? How can I tell if I'm having a reaction or the withdrawal from kratom?

edit: and it's going to stop my withdrawal...? Xorkoth, you were like a week into withdrawal weren't you?

I was a week into withdrawal, yeah. It's not essential but it seems like it would help, I feel like it helped me. But yeah wait for withdrawal anyway so you're not mixing them. When you're under the effects of ibogaine you definitely won't feel withdrawal. Ideally, you won't afterwards either. I felt a tiny bit of lingering withdrawal afterwards for a week or so but I didn't care at all, I felt so amazing for weeks/months afterwards, faint withdrawal seemed like not even a thing to care about at all.

I did the following doses:

- 100mg HCL tester dose. From this I felt a light effect after like 45 minutes, faint trails, it felt nice, I felt very comfortable, the remainder of the withdrawal seemed to fade

- An hour later, I took 500mg of HCl

- A half hour after that, I went upstairs to my bed and took 350mg of HCl and 500mg of TA. Assuming 500mg of TA ~= 250mg of HCl, that put my total dose at 1200mg of HCl equivalent (which was 18mg/kg at the time for me). I closed my eyes and pretty quickly I started entering dream visions which basically went on for the next 3 days. The first 2 days I was barely ever aware of being in my room, I remember coming to a few times and being unsure whether I was in bed or on the floor, it was strange.

I loved my experience very much, I think I had a pretty unusual one, but I felt really comfortable the whole time except I didn't know what was going on when I started coming out and I didn't have supervision at that particular time so I got pretty freaked out for a minute. It felt, to me, like that feeling of euphoric heaviness when you're on the verge of sleep. I think adding the TA to it helped a lot.

Ibogaine is a k opioid agonist and a weak partial mu opioid agonist. There should be no withdrawal symptoms at all, don't worry about those. By the time the Ibogaine leaves your system the physical withdrawal symptom's window period is just about over. My doctor (and sitter) told me that it is sufficient to be at 24h from last intake of opiates. This is very important, otherwise, you may be caught 'outside the windows'.
I told him I hadn't had a heroin shot for 3 days and was just taking these (showing him a strip of Temgesic) to help me out, he confiscated the Temgesic and made me wait another 24 hours.

Do you remember what your dreams were about during those 2 or 3 days Xo?

Haha, yeah, I wrote probably the longest trip report ever about it (it's here). It was really abstract and strange (then again my brain is weird and my dreams tend to be very strange). For the most part they were allegories for addiction and the ways in which it made me a slave, and then the ways in which I was better than that. But at the time I was just along for the ride and I wasn't aware in the moment what they were about, let alone that I was even dreaming in the first place). I actually remember it in shocking detail, I probably wouldn't remember it all now (and I'm sure there are parts I forgot), but I started writing notes down as soon as I could because I wanted to remember it all.

I loved it too Xorkoth! Did you see the 'Ibogaine man'?

No, it was entirely an internal experience for me, there was no perception of an external entity. I was mostly dreaming in every sense of the word, ie, unaware I was dreaming while I was dreaming. I gather from reading reports that most people remain aware that they're on ibogaine and are guided through their past and such, but that's not how it was for me.

I really wonder why my experience was so unusual. I think it has a lot to do with the TA as part of it, and also I may be really sensitive to ibogaine or something. Because while I was on it, I was GONE, I had no idea I was on a drug or even that I was Xorkoth, or that I was dreaming, or anything. And it lasted 3 full days. On the third day when I was awake and interacting with the world, I believed I was mostly down but in fact I was dreaming while awake and I had no idea what was really going on even though I thought I did. Most people seem to report being very aware of being on ibogaine, and being pretty with it despite the intensity, and being explicitly taught lessons and shown things by an external entity. Some people even report their flood dose lasting ~6 hours to 1 day. It was really 3 full days for me, I only have brief periods of being aware I had taken ibogaine until the morning of the third day. It felt like this massive period of subconscious processes, whbich, after I emerged, seemed like it provided a point at which my life was different, like I emerged from 10 or more years of dreaming and was finally awake for the first time since I was ~20 years old. All the insanity of addiction and my self-hatred problems stemming from bad adults life habits and an abusive long-term relationship felt like a bad nightmare that I had shaken off and no longer affected me. I wanted to get in shape, eat well, and never touch opiates again. My former self seemed gone. Or, rather, I felt like my REAL self, the self IU forgot I could feel like, the self I felt like as a kid, except still grown into a 31 year old, still having learned from many experiences both positive and negative.

For months afterwards I went to bed at midnight and woke up at 7:30 to work out, changed my diet, barely touched any drugs except weed occasionally. That was 3 and a half years ago, some of the impact has left me, or rather I have developed some new bad habits over time, but I feel like I have maintained a higher degree of conscious oversight of myself. I've started to fall back into bad drug habits (except not opiates, I really have never wanted to go there again) a couple of times, with alcohol and stimulants, but I've been able to catch myself each time. I am entirely more confident and self-loving person, I know who I am and what I want. Ibogaine changed my life in a way that nothing else ever has. I'm not even 100% sure why, if you read my report, it's not really obviously why it happened, it's not like I got shown the root of my addiction or pain or anything. Honestly I already knew the root of my pain, it was my ex-wife. And she was already removed from my life when I took it. I think what I needed was simply a reset, to shake off all the accumulated insanity of my life. And that's what I got. :)

Haha, yeah, I wrote probably the longest trip report ever about it (it's here). It was really abstract and strange (then again my brain is weird and my dreams tend to be very strange). For the most part they were allegories for addiction and the ways in which it made me a slave, and then the ways in which I was better than that. But at the time I was just along for the ride and I wasn't aware in the moment what they were about, let alone that I was even dreaming in the first place). I actually remember it in shocking detail, I probably wouldn't remember it all now (and I'm sure there are parts I forgot), but I started writing notes down as soon as I could because I wanted to remember it all.

No, it was entirely an internal experience for me, there was no perception of an external entity. I was mostly dreaming in every sense of the word, ie, unaware I was dreaming while I was dreaming. I gather from reading reports that most people remain aware that they're on ibogaine and are guided through their past and such, but that's not how it was for me.

I really wonder why my experience was so unusual. I think it has a lot to do with the TA as part of it, and also I may be really sensitive to ibogaine or something. Because while I was on it, I was GONE, I had no idea I was on a drug or even that I was Xorkoth, or that I was dreaming, or anything. And it lasted 3 full days. On the third day when I was awake and interacting with the world, I believed I was mostly down but in fact I was dreaming while awake and I had no idea what was really going on even though I thought I did. Most people seem to report being very aware of being on ibogaine, and being pretty with it despite the intensity, and being explicitly taught lessons and shown things by an external entity. Some people even report their flood dose lasting ~6 hours to 1 day. It was really 3 full days for me, I only have brief periods of being aware I had taken ibogaine until the morning of the third day. It felt like this massive period of subconscious processes, whbich, after I emerged, seemed like it provided a point at which my life was different, like I emerged from 10 or more years of dreaming and was finally awake for the first time since I was ~20 years old. All the insanity of addiction and my self-hatred problems stemming from bad adults life habits and an abusive long-term relationship felt like a bad nightmare that I had shaken off and no longer affected me. I wanted to get in shape, eat well, and never touch opiates again. My former self seemed gone. Or, rather, I felt like my REAL self, the self IU forgot I could feel like, the self I felt like as a kid, except still grown into a 31 year old, still having learned from many experiences both positive and negative.

For months afterwards I went to bed at midnight and woke up at 7:30 to work out, changed my diet, barely touched any drugs except weed occasionally. That was 3 and a half years ago, some of the impact has left me, or rather I have developed some new bad habits over time, but I feel like I have maintained a higher degree of conscious oversight of myself. I've started to fall back into bad drug habits (except not opiates, I really have never wanted to go there again) a couple of times, with alcohol and stimulants, but I've been able to catch myself each time. I am entirely more confident and self-loving person, I know who I am and what I want. Ibogaine changed my life in a way that nothing else ever has. I'm not even 100% sure why, if you read my report, it's not really obviously why it happened, it's not like I got shown the root of my addiction or pain or anything. Honestly I already knew the root of my pain, it was my ex-wife. And she was already removed from my life when I took it. I think what I needed was simply a reset, to shake off all the accumulated insanity of my life. And that's what I got. :)

When you say dreaming, to what extent was it like a dream? Was it literally like a dream or was it a bit more...real? I know that sometimes a dream can be really powerful and vivid, but you tend not to 'see' them. Was this any different?

I really loved the metaphors when you were searching for your pouch of gemstones or whatever they were, and the evil people were out to get you etc.