• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Doxylamine or Diphenhydramine for Heroin potentiation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escapedysphoria

Ex-Bluelighter
Which do you BLers think is better for heroin potentiation, doxylamine succinate or diphenhydramine? I'm looking for potentiaion in regards to increased euphoria and keep in mind that I can fight sedation off easily so getting too tired isn't a problem for me. I was thinking insufflated doxy would be my best bet, but I'd like to hear some opinions. Thanks

Don't insufflate antihistamines, they are absorbed well orally (and burn like fuck if snorted).

Doxylamine is much more sedating, diphenhydramine is probably a better potentiator. In the end though, it's personal preference.

The only antihistamine I'll insufflate is doxy because of the higher BA. It's far from pleasant though and is very powdery so it makes me cough haha. Sekio, in your opinion does diph potentiate the euphoria more so than the doxy (even though it is a personal preference situation)?

I never really noticed any increase in euphoria when using antihistamines. More of a functional thing, in that slightly potentiated as a downer, as well as getting rid of the itch.

The increase in euphoria on antihistamines is usually related to the decrease in itch distraction.

Antihistamines do not potentiate the euphoria at all, IMO. They just add a sedative component and potentiate the analgesic effects.

Thanks for clearing that up then. I don't mind the itch when I'm high so that wouldn't be euphoric to me lol, but i do like the increased sedation. I'm going of topic here, but how effective is DXM in potentiating heroin or any other opiate for that matter?

DXM works great for me. If I'm not nodding anymore I take a swig of my cough syrup, with DXM as the only active ingredient of course and it in a couple minutes I'll be nodding again. Then maybe an hour later, I'll repeat. Be careful though, I've ingested too much and I have no doubt it could put you over if your close to an overdose.

Good to see. DXM is defnitely active on its own.

I suggest you take this talk to the potentiation megathread next time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.