• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Benzofuran analogues of Tryptamines (e.g. 5-MeO-BFE)

i will be honest is from a fairly trusted source,spoke to him on the phone but legally he cant tell me how to consume it,he is selling it from his website(obviously i cant say which site),but i believe its the real deal and i dont mind trying out a very small amount to begin with to see how it goes
have you looked up your "trusted vendor" at *site name edited out* ? if not, I would do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if that is genuinely dimemebfe, we can't really tell you much about the dosage, roa, etc. That's why they call it a "research chemical," because when you take it you're the one doing the research. But do you really want to be some random, sketchy vendor's guinea pig?

This. Have you read through the thread at all?

Be extremely careful when dosing with unknown chemicals.

i recently got a free sample, i believe the site was marketing it under the pseudonym "No vendor discussion por favor"

has anyone tried it yet?

i recently got a free sample, i believe the site was marketing it under the pseudonym [...]

has anyone tried it yet?

Dude. Are you serious. That vendor looks sooooo sketchy. I have vendors in spades man. Believe me, weird orange goo from that place is not a good idea. Please. Just don't.

No, nobody has tried this compound, due to a lack of any sort of proper pure reference material.

As a wild guess, acitivity is probably at the 1-2mg level when smoked or taken parenteral. I would not attempt oral administration of this.

That figure is a wild guess for threshold acitivity. I don't advise "jumping into the deep end" with this compound if you want to remain sane. "Proper" breakthrough activity might not even start until 30-50mg, but again that's a guess and not to be taken literally.

If you are talking about dosages for the orange gooey shit, nobody knows if that's even dimembfe anyway. I suggest flushing that.

Someone above mentioned getting a free sample of dimemebfe in the form of an orange goo.

That's because there is nothing known about this compound. No one can tell you what roa is best or what the dosage is because no one knows. The only way these thing are found out are by experimentation. If you really want to know, you're going to have to find out yourself.

Then use the good Dr. Shulgin's method. Start off with really low doses and work your way up. How do you think he compiled all of that dosage information? Most of the compounds he tried were new and completely unknown.

Plus, if you're really worried about overdosing at small dosage sizes, you shouldn't be taking the drug in the first place.

If you put it in the freezer, does it turn from gooey to crystalline - and when taken out does it turn to goo again? I'm just curious, it would not even be a conclusive test for anything, whether regarding identity or purity.

It is a bit suspicious that it sounds like the description for DMT, but that would be pretty silly if he sent you that for free saying its dimethyl-B.F.E (I refuse to use the other term for now, lol)...

When it boils down to true research chemical studies there are a few things to think of, one is indeed to be extremely careful as was suggested. And really think about that for a minute too.

Check the psychedelic index, at the bottom there should be a link to a document Illuminati Boy wrote on how to approach bio assays like this.

Basically this is new territory and the best that could happen is you have a novel and wonderful experience, but you could also have very little effect - a horrible trip of trainwreck intensity or health concerns if you are unlucky. Of course men like Shulgin go through trial and error, but do so meticulously. And also, they have an understanding of biochemistry that might indicate metabolism problems. By that I mean the compound itself might not be immediately suspect, but it helps to know about how it will be broken down by the body - get as much info on it as you can.

No one here should tell you what you should or should not do, decide that for yourself. I'd like some tasty new info on a chem, but I also value what health you have now, even if I don't know you.

Maybe this could be laid out for the ADD boys, to see what potential problems they might anticipate.

Recrystallization is probably similar to DMT/5-MeO-DMT, dissolve it in a minimum volume of hot hexanes/heptane and then coolit down.

It is possible this could be impure/degraded 5-meo-dmt passed off as the compound in question? 5-meo-dmt will turn into orange goo as it degrades.

Last edited:
As does N,N if you don't store it properly, but it turns yellow first - not sure how much you'd have to mistreat the compound to make it go from white to orange.
Perhaps it is even a botched 5-MeO-MET synth that nobody bothered to clean up properly.

Is it possible ^ ? Yes but I am not 100% sure I know where this vendor operates from and he would have to be retarded to distribute scheduled drugs as free samples correct? (Don't answer the question about the vendor's location, there is no vendor discussion allowed, no brand names and also this is quite enough attempts at IDing the orange goo. We do not do ID threads, because we simply do not know and you should not draw incorrect conclusions or have a false sense of security)

Yes I suggested that other closely related tryptamines could have a similar color and texture - especially when talking impure. So there are a lot of possibilities, thats all I wanna say about IDing.

About recrystallizing - yes with the right solvents it would work if you know what you are doing and why it works that way. Otherwise you could easily end up wasting your sample quantity in trying to do a reX procedure but not getting something right. Granted you can evaporate in most cases, what I meant myself was the following: I have heard that N,N-DMT can lose consistency and turn gooey when left in the wrong conditions, but when putting it in the freezer that may apparently change the morphology again to make it more approximate to crystalline again. This should not be acutely reversible, as long as you do not let it degrade again. It sounds weird to me that it would not turn into goo again but what the hell do I know, DMT is apparently also piezoluminescent - that too is beyond me.
If there are trace oils or solvents in your tryptamine then freezing it will not solve anything since the oils do not solidify and they mess with any formation of a crystal lattice.

Solipsis: Yeah, that would be arguably correct, but I still think the name benzofuranyl tryptamine is valid for those analogues where one of the phenyl-ring O functions is cyclised back to that same ring enclosed in it's own 5-membered ring (NOT the class of compounds mentioned by the OP, because these are actually an O-for-N swap, meaning one cannot use the tryptamine family name anymore because that is a common name for a fused phenyl-pyrrole system (indole), with an 2-aminoethyl function at -3 - seeing as this structure skeleton is no longer present, you can't use the name). 'Benzofuran' could be used because the core system is still present, and the furan is bound to the benzene ring part of that core.

However: I suppose a better name would simply be furanyltryptamines (for 5-membered rings) or O-cyclised tryptamines (for <> 5-membered rings) :) . There is no common name for a 3-(2-aminoethyl)benzofuran system yet, AFAIK, for the OP.

Sorry, I still can't find the paper I was remembering, perhaps it was a patent or patent(s); if you're a person with many tens of thousands of papers saved under obscure names you might identify with this struggle :( . I will continue to look whenever I remember to! Real life beckons.

Last edited: