• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Benzofuran analogues of Tryptamines (e.g. 5-MeO-BFE)

^Is that a joke?

It's a completely novel compound, a handful of people have ever taken it, and you're wanting to mix it with other drugs already? Nothing is known about this stuff, it's completely irresponsible to combine it with other drugs. At this stage, if you must take it at all, you should really be starting with tiny doses and slowly titrating up. Perhaps, one day, if it has some kind of established safety profile, you might think about a combination, but to do it now would be reckless and, frankly, stupid.

Last edited:
Yes I agree, it should be said. The way you are handling this and thinking about it does not seem particularly smart or safe to me. I have zero confidence that the orange goo is dimemebfe, if you don't know what exactly is in it that makes it that much harder to anticipate bad combinations, or dangerous combinations. Well it would be such fortune if these monkeys that are sourcing the goo happen to get their hands on it and it turns out MDMA-like. Are you kidding me? What do you think the compound is? Probably MDMA-like. Now we shouldn't play the ID game but say 6-apb for instance - or something like that...matches the description the way I am hearing it. Or perhaps another such analogue. I am saying this not because I know the identity but to make it that much more clear that the identity is uncertain. I might turn out to be wrong, but right now I have little reason to believe anything else.

You should come across this list I posted in ADD a while back, read it for "fun". The majority of these compounds sold by those typical British Benzo Fury joints is not what they claim it is. There is a lot of caffeine involved, they might cut shit to make the doses correct, but a lot of the stuff is switched. And that is with presumably somewhat known compounds!

Now Vader was absolutely right we do not condone vendor discussion and we don't allow brand discussion either, like for example mesketamine? Bullcrap, I have not come across a single shred of evidence that it really is some particular compound. If they knew of a formula that made sense they would shove it in your face probably. Like this difemfemfbefbe is shoved in your face.

So IMO this is turning into something like initial 5-IAI discussion - nobody knows anything about the real deal and the board is polluted with talk about people using a branded drug. And notice how dosage is often omitted, dosage is chosen by the vendor (yes put even more faith in them why don't you)? Or are you just randomly hitting it until it starts to hit you?

Its like this: we don't discuss the vendors but secretly it matters whether they are legitimate or not. Until they are not, we will consider taking this talk about taking a random branded drug, and as a rule we advise you not to take those. The RC market is tricky enough as it is, if you actually get what you think you are getting. Otherwise it's even so much worse - then it's russian roulette.

Come to your senses and avoid talk about unwanted topics. We're not a police state with 100% censorship though, only 99% ;) So if you have a good argument that shines light on the situation without breaking the rules, and doing right in the name of harm reduction let's hear what you have to say. We're gonna keep a close eye on this thread so bullshit will primarily be unapproved. Id say you only have to worry about infractions if you are blatantly breaking the rules and openly talking about taboo bizniz.

Guessing at structures and selling them to people is the thing now? To see this commercially available is concerning.

I don't like the situation where a newly registered user pops up to review a novel compound. Reeks of advertising. The quality of the product leaves much to be desired as well.

Also I just don't like when people put a brand name in the title. Changed.

Last edited:
Someone with sulfuric acid, please make a marquis reagent and test it. Also Atara is that 'oxa' correct? I think it denotes a ketone.

Oxo- is a ketone, oxa- is when an oxygen is substituted for another atom ~atara

Yes. Or you could call it 3-oxa-13,N,N-trimethylserotonin (is that right atara?), or any other remotely sensible thing, it doesn't really matter as long as it's not a trade name (especially one like "dimemebfe". Really now, that's just horrible). This is probably more elegant than what I suggested, isn't it? A rose by any other name, right?

Yes. Or you could call it 3-oxa-13,N,N-trimethylserotonin (is that right atara?), or any other remotely sensible thing, it doesn't really matter as long as it's not a trade name (especially one like "dimemebfe". Really now, that's just horrible). This is probably more elegant than what I suggested, isn't it? A rose by any other name, right?

Ha, if that gets popular people will probably call it dime for short, and then there will be dimes and dimebags to confuse the scene.

Personally, I wish there were no shorthands for RCs. No cute under 3 syllable nicknames for the news media to use and for politicians to demonize.

i'm no chemist, i just like taking drugs that happen to be comparable in effects to a psychedelic/amphetamine/ketamine nexus. I've been doing it for a long time illegally and tuned into RCs last year. Of course there are risks with this sort of thing, but it seems reasonable to think that the risks are lower than taking illegal substances. I mean, so what if there's some caffeine in a product, its not going to kill you is it? I realise that too bullish an attitude around these matters is a bad thing, and that it is easy to regard a positive outlook towards drugs (legal and otherwise) as 'stupid'; but each to their own.

So fools gold, it is possible to say that you have nothing to apologise for. But as there is more than one truth and there may be some wisdom worth listening to from others, i'll keep my powder dry on that one ;)

but it seems reasonable to think that the risks are lower than taking illegal substances
That's a non-sequitur, it depends entirely on the chemical in question. With this one, the risks are totally unknown. It could turn out to be really toxic. There are research chemicals out there (brephedrone, MPPP) that I think only a madman or a suicide would ingest.

doesnt mppp cause parkinsons?, thats why we need people to sample this product

MPPP itself doesn't, but if it is synthesised under the wrong conditions, MPTP will be formed as an impurity, and that does give you Parkinson's. It's up to you, if you trust a faceless Chinese chemist that much then go ahead, but I'm fucked if that's going anywhere near my brain. I could not disagree more with you, that is why we should absolutely refuse to use it and urge everyone that we can to do the same. This is really harm reduction in action. In fact, I know that Solipsis has been extremely proactive in dissuading vendors from stocking chemicals that seem to present and unacceptable risk, and I think that is laudable. In general, I would suggest that people not make guinea pigs of themselves. Obviously we all do when we use research chemicals, but there is a difference between using something that has been sold for a few months and being one of the very first to taste it. Some people (Alexander Shulgin, the users on this board with backgrounds in pharmacology), are in a position to make a reasonably informed choice with regards to ingesting a new compound. You, I, and the vast majority of RC users are not. Please people, be sensible, stay safe <3.

(MPPP)...apparently not, according to Wiki. What source says it causes parkinsons, icekila?

The drug was first synthesised in 1977 for recreational purposes by a 23-year old graduate student named Barry Kidston... MPTP was formed as a major impurity.[3] Several days after trying this new batch of his homemade drug, Kidston developed serious Parkinson's Disease symptoms, as did several friends he had shared the drug with.[4]
From wiki. Anyway, this is getting off course, I didn't mean to derail the thread, I was just trying to illustrate the perils of exposing your body to research chemicals.

Last edited:
i don't wish to derail the thread either but how, whether an RC or an illegal drug, do you know what you're 'really' taking. I mean all the RCs and synthetic illegal drugs available to you at any given time might come from 'a faceless chinese chemist', mightn't they?

Now back to the goo...

Last edited:
Yes they do, but most RCs do not have a synthesis that will yield a potent neurotoxin if very specific and reasonably difficult to achieve conditions are not obtained. Pretty much all RCs do come from faceless Chinese chemists, yes, but most of the time, a fuck-up on their part will not result in me developing Parkinson's disease from a single dose of the drug.

Yes but the mistake often made is that what is sold is another compound with the same acronym. MPPP can mean desmethylprodine which can indeed have a very neurotoxic impurity, but nowadays with your MDPV and the other pyrrolidino analogues there is also another MPPP: '4-methylpyrrolidinopropiophenone - but to avoid more confusion you are starting to see more and more that they rename it pMPPP for para-methyl-pyrrolidinopropiophenone.
Para methyl and para methoxy stims still seems shitty because of what they appear to do to the transporters and stuff (PMA and PMMA as prime examples) so I still agree that its all crap, but not 'michael j fox from one hit of the rocks'.

You know why did they have to go with the 1-oxa of 5-MeO, and not that of N,N? Frankly Id be a little more curious about that one. I am always interested in DMT alternatives that may provide a little more dilation than the quick baseball bat to the head. To be clear: I <3 DMT, I revere it, but IMO there is room for improvement: oral DMT is one such possibility for dilation, 4-AcO-DMT is in my experience an analogue that closely resembles a strongly dilated DMT trip, but what would be fantastic is something that you can either vaporize or eat and that acts for like 2-4x as long or even longer as N,N-DMT but is in less of a hurry and stretches out the experience. Perhaps 4-HO-DMT comes close, but of course it is not a solution because it is quite illegal AND rare. OK so forget illegal or legal, maybe a mixture of DMT and MET could be interesting. Or 1-oxa-N,N-DMT.

OK just thinking out loud now

i'm no chemist, i just like taking drugs that happen to be comparable in effects to a psychedelic/amphetamine/ketamine nexus. I've been doing it for a long time illegally and tuned into RCs last year. Of course there are risks with this sort of thing, but it seems reasonable to think that the risks are lower than taking illegal substances. I mean, so what if there's some caffeine in a product, its not going to kill you is it? I realise that too bullish an attitude around these matters is a bad thing, and that it is easy to regard a positive outlook towards drugs (legal and otherwise) as 'stupid'; but each to their own.

So fools gold, it is possible to say that you have nothing to apologise for. But as there is more than one truth and there may be some wisdom worth listening to from others, i'll keep my powder dry on that one ;)

nice one thank you , no i get why they said it and the other reasons mentioned rules are rule after all i was just curious that's all but like iv said some one has to be a guinea pig with these things and i have been that for many a year that's why i came to this site as a way to help me prolong my life and enjoy things a bit more instead of just getting totally wreaked and not getting the full affects out of things