• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DPT Thread V1 (Archive 10-3-03 - 5-13-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried the small doses 10-15 mg and they just made me jittery and somewhat uncomfortable. With the glowing reports above, maybe I'll give it another try around 20 mg.

i have gotten ++++ from 60mg and more of IM DPT.

I plan to try a IM dose of DPT and IM of ketamine together for my birthday.
i read about this combo on this board and was wondering if anyone had any experences with this combo.

i usually prefer
Ketamine IM 75-120mg
DPT IM 40-70mg.

I just might want to tone down both doses when used together. I just dont know if i want the K or the DPT more present. and how much i should dose each out to get a good synergy.

hmm i will update.
i plan to try this on the 25th. my bday

I know several people here at least have experience with that combo. I also know that those who do claim it's definitely the way to go. From what I understand it creates an amazing synergy that pretty much sends you straight into the cosmic egg to witness such fabulous events as the creation of the universe.

this weekend i will be insufflating a 25mg dose to test the waters out. i have never used this substance before, but am experienced with many other psychedelics.

what would be the ideal setting for a small 25mg dose? i was thinking of dosing it and then going to relax in a nearby park by myself with some grateful dead and pink floyd. perhaps some nitrous as well. are there any visuals at this dosage? or deep insight?

^That sounds like a fine setting, however you'll want to wait about 20 minutes after you start feeling definite effects to make sure it won't be too much for a public setting. DPT is strange. My friends and I have each had some overwhelming, extremely visual, ego dissolving 25mg IM experiences and some just moderate 50mg IM dosages. Others we know have encountered the same variance with insufflation, and this occurred numerous times with accurate dosages and with DPT samples from two different vendors taken in the same apartment setting. I know of no other psychedelic that is so radically effected by, apparently, the user's concurrent physiological state. It's unfortunate because such a thing can't be predicted. I still love this stuff though, it's given me some of the most majestic experiences of my life. For me, it has an entirely different, more vibrant character in a natural setting, more so than with other psychedelics.

Aah! I see this thread has been revived!

I haven't taken DPT for... at least a year I think, for the simple reason that its positive effects on my spiritual outlook are still there.

*lights up a candle and offers a humble prayer to the sacred medicine*

Xorkoth said:
I always thought that only the freebase of DPT could be smoked. I could be wrong though.

Smoking the HCL works fine. It just requires higher doses.
My most profound trip on DPT has been from 60mg insufflated and then ~20mg of the HCL smoked.

Xorkoth said:
My impression of DPT is that it is terrifying and causes an intense fear reaction almost every time. But it seems from this thread that a number of you don't find it frightening at all. This makes me very much more curious than I once was...
09-01-2007 10:46

DPT is frightening due to its intensity. But it is certainly not a psychedeilc i would just brush off.
I highly recomend you try it one day. It a top notch tryptamine, one that will reminf you why you fell in love with psychs in the first place ;)

until now I have only done low dosages, but what has been said of the mood lift is true. It is euphoric and healing. The day after I'm feeling great. It reminds me a bit of ayahuasca in that way. I can't wait to try a higher dosage, to have my ass kicked (hmm do i really want that heh)!

though I was wondering if you have a tolerance buildup with this chem? or is it like dmt and you can dose several times without tolerance?

untuil now I have tried eating, snorting and smoking (the hcl)....smoking had the most unpleasant effect :heart pounding very hardly (coming out of my bust) and somewhat accelerated but not too much. Oh and the taste was disgusting! it polluted my pipe, hopefully I still have some menthol cristals that has now perfumed it nicely :), and it had also the most intense rush, by snorting the drip was disgusting...eating I had not many effects as it was my first try and i dosed very low....

Last edited:
I have noticed a tolerence with this chemical.
I have also noticed that i had a tolerence to DPT after a shroom trip.
ex-
I ate a bag of mushies and the next day I IV'ed 50mg of DPT. Hardly any effects at all. Felt like 1/2 a normal 50mg dose.

Holy shit.

You booted 50mg all at once?

Had you done that before?

Please describe if so.

shit, 50mg snorted has me floored, dont think Id even consider IVing that much!

oppps, that was a typo. I actually IM'ed 50 mg not IV.
But i have IV dpt once, it was at a 20mg dose. Wasnt too powerful though. My IM doses were stronger.
My highest IM dose was 70mg of DPT and that was insane.

Ketamine is the only other drug up there that matches DPT in intensity for me. well also 5 meo dmt.

But i usually IV 40-80mg of K . and IM 75-120mg.
I plan to use both together on my birthday. I am not good at writing trip reports though. Words can be misleading, and some experences canot be described in words.
With 60mg IM of DPT I was speechleess and in awe.
fell to my kness and completely took in everything. Felt like someone pryed open my mind and stuffed information inside.
I remember saying, "information overload".
DPT feels like a dissociative tryptamine to me.
60mg IM = 7grams of shroom+70mg K. thats what it felt like

I feel a certain effect I get from dissociatives on DPT, as well. I don't get emotionally detached from the experience though, so it still scares me.

With K and such, I just accept it whether I want to or not. You can't fight it. Fighting DPT = bad news.

You can't fight it. Fighting DPT = bad news
Yes! it is the same way with shrooms.
Bad trips are a result of fighting or trying to control the experence.
Best advise is to "let go".
Tool expresses this in thier albulm lateralus.
You can only let go and wait it out.

DPT is more psychologically intense than K for sure. My first experence with DPT i entered a new place that i have never been. It had me worried for about 5 min, then i was overcome by comfort. There were eyes all over sending me love and comfort.
It was quite amazing

I tried DPT for the first time a few days ago, and I would have to say it was one of the nicest psychedelics I have tried!

The dose was 60mg by IM injection + 12mg insufflated about 20min later. The comeup took longer than I expected for something that was injected, probably about 40min to peak. I used the erowid dosing guide to determine the level I wanted, but after reading this thread it seems that that could have been to much for a first time.
It came close to being a +4, but it was not quite strong enough for me to completely let go of this reality.

After the comeup, there was not a single bad thought or moment of anxiety. That is extremely unusual, it may even be the first time that has happened. I wrote a trip report in the trip report forum.

I am going to try to wait at least 2 or 3 months before using this again. I am thinking either 90-100mg IM or 50mg IM + 1g of 5x syrian rue extract. I'll do some reading on DPT+MAOI combos first.

I may trip on something else before then if my depression comes back too strongly though. I am hoping the alleviation of my depression will last longer that usual after such a good trip. I have had a positive outlook on life these last few days and my mood has been good. Maybe it will last.

illusion25 said:
There were eyes all over sending me love and comfort.
It was quite amazing

Eyes are the most common motif that I see on DPT.

Also, it seems like DPT is so powerful that it leaves you no choice but to go with it eventually. I personally find it difficult to fight with something as sexy as DPT...

Jamshyd...that is very strange you mentioned eyes.

Last night I sampled a low dose of DPT to try to get a feel for it and see if it is something I want to work with. I insufflated 15mg and got a very gentle ++ trip. There were OEVs very similar to 5-MeO-DMT (the shading effect) and the suggestion of CEVs that may be very beautiful at a higher dose.

Anyways, I was laying on my bed and staring into my dog's eyes (a dachsund) and got lost into his little dog soul. I was sent into the future and saw his death and was then in my parent's room, comforting my father while he was laying on his bed (who is very close to the dog). He roused me out of my DPT dream by licking my face.

The whole experience lasted two hours and left me in a very unusual mood. I'll definitely be IMing it when I work with it in the future. I forgot how bad drips can be.

I also was watching a french film while coming down and woke up this morning thinking in french (although I speak no french).

Strange chemical! I am at a loss for comparisons to other chemicals. It seems to be VERY unique. It was MUCH more like 5-MeO-DMT than it was like DMT, though.

Jamshyd said:
I personally find it difficult to fight with something as sexy as DPT...

Jamshyd, could you explain what you mean by the above statement?

My experience with DPT is very limited (3 trials, smoked and oral, lowish doses and none of them above a high ++ or venturing into low +++ territory). But while I could feel strong energetic surges going through my body it never felt particularly sexy to me. Now, 4-AcO-MIPT I found sexy.

Haha, I know its a convoluted sentence.

I meant this in an S&M manner... I enjoy being dominated in a specific way, and DPT seems to emulate that on the spiritual plane.

I think this is why I get spontaneous erections/orgasms when I'm peaking on DPT... my mind is in such an orgasmic ecstasy of anihalation, that my body tries to "catch up" with it.

They call the sexual orgasm le petit mort. Well, DPT is very near-death like...

Georges Bataille called it that, yeah :)

I found high-dose 5-MeO-DIPT to be death-like, but not in a really good way.

The other one I feel is a lot like death is DMT, and then Ketamine in a different, far less "body" way. Death by Ketamine I have found the most, uhm, pleasant, though that isn't the right word.

But I remember reading some post by someone who knew a guy who sat in a car dosing some DPT, and when he came to he'd been in the car for 15 hours or something and he was naked and there was cum everywhere and several hundred mg's of DPT had vanished mysteriously. Apparently the DPT had turned into a giant vagina and kind of absorbed him. I wonder if he saw the ubiquitous DPT eye and looked at sideways and thought it was a vagina and just got too excited ... they say do the drug but don't let the drug do you or else you become the drug and everything you think will revolve around the drug.... the answer to everything is: " [insert name of drug] "... I guess that goes for all morish drugs.

I've just read too many weird things about DPT, and it tends to give me a cold feeling even at low doses, so I have never ventured beyond where I have with it. I just wanna be well-prepared...and there are other tryptamines I have found to be way more inviting ... especially 4-AcO-DIPT, 4-AcO-MIPT,and 4-AcO-DMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.