• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DPT Thread V1 (Archive 10-3-03 - 5-13-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you know how to swim, because your about to jump into teh deep end.

If you don't have a problem with needles, then I really recommend intramuscular DPT. It's unlike anything you've ever had before, so there'd be no point in comparing it to other psychedelics. You might read some trip reports over on Erowid.

mp nut if you want to make me familiar that would be awesome...just kidding... I hear DPT is out of this world....come back with reports I've been thinking of ordering some

Start with a low (25mg-ish) dose insufflated and go from there. You dont want to dive head on into something you intensly dislike. Always start low with a new substance anyway.

Merged in a DPT question. Please read through this entire thread for lots of information about DPT, and post any further questions in here. :)

Obyron said:
If you don't have a problem with needles, then I really recommend intramuscular DPT. It's unlike anything you've ever had before, so there'd be no point in comparing it to other psychedelics. You might read some trip reports over on Erowid.

50mg IM was about as 'fuck me' as you can get without completely breaking through a la DMT such that your body etc ceases to exist. I am so thankful that I thought about which music to listen to very carefully as certain stuff would have had a big impact on my state of mind. As it was, I'd put Hendrix on and everything went swimmingly (I wrote a trip report; due the the first track that started playing, just as it grabbed me by the balls, the report ended up with the title,"The Purple Passion Prose of the Propyl Product - yes it was Purple Haze!)

fastandbulbous said:
50mg IM was about as 'fuck me' as you can get without completely breaking through a la DMT such that your body etc ceases to exist.
65mg IM gave me my first experience of ego death. Perhaps it was my own naivete and the shock of its novelty but DPT was the most gentle and lucid guide into that realm I've used (a DXM 5-meo-DMT combo and ayahuasca being the only others.) I was at ground level peering into a shifting field of tall grass in moonlight. Diaphanous tigers crisscrossed my field of vision and wound through the undergrowth, their black stripes transformed into transparent fissures cut clean through their bodies. Then, in one fractional moment, the wind parted the grass and the tiger's ruptured stripes marshaled in line so that I could suddenly see a great distance through both the tigers and the field. That world froze and I flew through the divide and into empty night. Everything turned inside out with a terrible ripping sound and an electric jolt, and I hovered above it as a bare locus hearing my own disbelieving utterances: "that was it!" "this is it!"--yet I provided no impetus to those words. They were the rustle of grass shifting in the wind.

Last edited:
psood0nym said:

all the trip descriptions you've been writing lately have been so poetic.
keep it up, its very pleasant to read. :)

perhaps a trip report sometime??

^Thanks, though, with the exception of the final sentence that indicates my thoughts on its symbology, the post about my ego death experience with DPT is an entirely literal description of the vision leading up to and through it (the vision of course is quite poetic.) Trip reports are tough during school and I need to wait until something big happens before I'll bother. Anyways, single posts have all the self-indulgent fun without having to commit myself to forming a coherent structure!

Last edited:
Delsyd said:
all the trip descriptions you've been writing lately have been so poetic.
keep it up, its very pleasant to read. :)

perhaps a trip report sometime??

If you want some good reading, try this one. I may have posted it elsewhere in this thread, but it's just fucking fantastic. It's eerily similar to my own high dose DPT experience (20mg AMT/40mg DPT + 60 mg DPT @1hr) ... the second dose pushed me way out of my comfort zone to say the least. I'm still not sure why I did it, but if nothing else, it was damn interesting.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=30698

^I remember wondering "what is he thinking" when I read about you adding that extra 60mg at just 1hr into it. That's more DPT than I've ever done, however I think aMT actually makes higher doses more managable (or at least seem like they would be!) Unforgetable experience no doubt though.

I love that report you cited. He has another one on 5-meo-DMT "A Glimpse." It obviously wasn't as impactful as his DPT trip, as he seems to get distracted by curious stream of consciousness musings, word play, and alliteration, but it's worth a read nevertheless.

Speaking of 5-meo-DMT, does anyone find that higher doses of DPT have a similar "being vaporized on the surface of the sun" effect?

It was probably more on the order of 37 mg + 54 mg @ 1 hr due to a small spill and some minimal losses during the filtration process. Either way, I think it was a case of me falling into the trap of "if a little is good, more is better." I look forward to revisiting the chem, but next time with ketamine as an ally ... maybe 60 mg DPT + 50 mg ketamine.

MGS's title of "Damn Powerful Tryptamine" was no understatement. 8o

Dondante said:
I think it was a case of me falling into the trap of "if a little is good, more is better."
Yeah I've been there, but never with DPT. The nature of the drug changes for me at higher doses into something more intimidating and 5-meo-DMT-like, so I always tread lightly with it.

Dondante, the poem at the beginning of the DPT report gave me shivers.

So many abbreviations, good thing I've plenty of time :D

DPT is very visceral ground breaking stuff. It feels like some form of alien technology. The thing which never fails to amaze me about DPT is, no matter how much I use it, that familiar sense of the DPT entity taking hold during the come-up. There is absolutely no mistaking it, and once I am there, I am completely in His hands.

I just think its crazy that DPT has such an incredible feeling of uniqueness and purity to it, even though it is made in a lab, it seems as if it has such a great spirit. Maybe that doesn't matter? I guess the same could be said for LSD.

It's funny, I tend to find myself simply sitting there, shaking my head while under the trance of DPT. Like as if to say "Nope, forget about it. No way in hell I can say a damn thing to describe this state, it's just too bizarre. Control it... hell no." Can anyone relate to that?

Dondante said:

That has to be one of the best trip reports I have ever read. That was absolutely beautiful. This person relates his experiences so well that reading this report actually help clarify some of my own experiences, without giving up any individual-ness by assimilating any of this other persons. Fucking Brilliant, and further drives home the fear I contain in me concerning DPT.

I just think its crazy that DPT has such an incredible feeling of uniqueness and purity to it, even though it is made in a lab, it seems as if it has such a great spirit. Maybe that doesn't matter? I guess the same could be said for LSD.

The uniqueness has nothing to do with being made in a lab and everything to do with your interpretation of the state. Just thought I'd have my two pennethworth before anybody starts the 'putting vibes into LSD/DPT/you name it' line

I agree FB. And who is to say whether or not DPT will not be found in the natural world at some date? who is to say that it did not exist at one point?

Were that these historical facts were found out to be true, would that change the way DPT interacts with your brain right now? Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.