• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine smells like petrol/gasoline explained

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-OSS

Bluelighter
Have you ever had cocaine which smells like petrol/gasoline? Well it's most likely some good stuff the reason being, that when the cocaine is produced in the jungles petrol is used in the preparation method. So if you can strongly smell the petrol then the cocaine is not already cut too many times so it is likely to be of a reasonable quality, particularly in the UK. In the UK this cocaine will have the highest purity.

The smell of petrol does not indicate good product, it indicates the chemists are cutting corners and using gasoline instead of e.g. naptha or hexanes. It is, however, a good indicator that the cocaine hasn't been modified since it left Colombia or whatever.

Word is, the guys in south america are the ones adding levamisole and shit to cocaine before it leaves the country. It's impossible to tell purity without extensive chemical testing or GC/MS these days.

Last edited:
Cocaine hcl is crystalline so if your stuff doesnt have maaaaad crystalls all over it, then it isnt boom. Iv been getting booms every day for the past year, and the fact that it smells like petrol isnt a good sign, my booms does have a strong odor which i assume is chemicals but it NEVER smells like gasoline, if it did i prob wudnt even buy it.

and dealers have cuts which make the rock look crystally even when the "crystall" is a cutting agent, i find it very easy to tell the difference between real fishscale and fake

out of all the cocaine i bought, always was the bomb cocaine the one with the scent of kerosine/gasoline, smelling thru the bag, i even had crack soo good i could smell that scent coming off of it..its a good thing to have that smell

Unwrapped kees' smell alot like Solarcaine minus the alcohol, (lidocaine) if your familiar w/ that smell

Ive been banging Coke for a long time and ive scored all up & down the East Coast & although ive copped shit that had a strong chemical smell , ive never smelt Coke that smelled like gas.If i did come across something like that id assume that whoever had it was trying to beat me & then there would be problems.

Like the other guy said , i look for the shiny chunky shit.Another way i can usually tell its good is when i put on it b 4 i fix , the water looks like nothing was added to it , it looks like water.No cloudiness , no shit sitting on the bottom...Im not saying i dont believe you , i just never came across anything like that or ever heard about Coke smelling like gas.I learn something new every day...

I've never smelt "gas" per say, but have def smelt a strong solvent but was never indicative of quality. I do know lots of lower level dealers (a kilo or less @ a time) use acetone to cut their stuff, that may be what you're smelling

when i used to buy a few baggies every now then around where i stay the good stuff would smell like kerosine, not through the bag or heavily but when inspecting and opening the bag it had a smell of it.

Best coke (which still didn't do a damn thing for me lol) I had smelled of diesel fuel. Damn my curiosity of what that nasty bitch named crystal would be like!

I normally associate that smell with good yay now.

I've developed a liking for the smell.

I've never smelt "gas" per say, but have def smelt a strong solvent but was never indicative of quality. I do know lots of lower level dealers (a kilo or less @ a time) use acetone to cut their stuff, that may be what you're smelling

Acetone isn't a cut. It is a solvent used to dissolve some of the cuts, so it would result in a lower overall yield when cocaine is "washed" with it. Users sometimes perform and acetone wash to rid the cocaine of some of the cuts.

The smell of petrol does not indicate good product, it indicates the chemists are cutting corners and using gasoline instead of e.g. naptha or hexanes. It is, however, a good indicator that the cocaine hasn't been modified since it left Colombia or whatever.

Word is, the guys in south america are the ones adding levamisole and shit to cocaine before it leaves the country. It's impossible to tell purity without extensive chemical testing or GC/MS these days.

I wasn't aware that it was being cut before leaving South America...that makes sense though, as far as nearly all the cocaine North America being cut with levamisole. Every time I've done cocaine, its had a "petrochemical" (gasoline-like) smell to it. The purity has varied widely though.

Pure cocaine doesn't have a smell. The scent of gasoline is left over from the extraction of the cocaine paste from the leaves.

the coke in the uk is shit its one of the worse places to get coke the recon its cut to something like 5% . wonder if what you have had is something cut with 4-meo-pcp because the stuff i got last week stunk of paint stripper / petrol and was unstiffble the 4-meo-pcp that is

Iv actually noticed that the gasoline smelling coke is always the best. And it has that specific smell each time, not a grimy chemical smell. Just kind of a soft gasoline / petrol smell w.e you want to call it. I know that doesn't indicate good coke, but let me tell you it has many times for me. Also the rocks have a soapy texture, and when you look close its not just powder clumped together but actual crystalline pebbles.

Iv actually noticed that the gasoline smelling coke is always the best. And it has that specific smell each time, not a grimy chemical smell. Just kind of a soft gasoline / petrol smell w.e you want to call it. I know that doesn't indicate good coke, but let me tell you it has many times for me. Also the rocks have a soapy texture, and when you look close its not just powder clumped together but actual crystalline pebbles.

Yup. I totally agree with this man. I haven't done coke a whole lot but that description fits the best shit I've ever had. Not a super strong smell, but my stuff smelt faintly of diesel fuel and was chunky with a shiny, crystalline appearance. Still didn't do a lot for me, but I did used to do a decent amount of meth before I got this, so that could be part of the reason. It just didn't do hardly shit for me.

i hate cocaine, but i used to like to shoot speedballs back in the day and the best coke ive ever had was yellowish and smelled like petrochemicals. it was soft and almost kinda oily, it was soooo strong. never done coke that intense before, shooting it was even more intense. the kid i was with traded me a 20 of the coke for a 20 of raw dope so we both could speedball. he put a tiny little flake in the spoon and was like that is all you need, trust me. and let me tell you, it was. bell ringers, stomach flip numb mouth ect, mixed with dope it was a very euphoric experience.

Good coke is not supposed to be super strong. It's a clean mild high that doesn't knock you off your ass...Unless you do a lot, of course.

How is good coke not supposed to be strong? o_O
That literally makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.