• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why do people smoke weed at school/work?

thegreatgeno

Bluelighter
I don't get why anyone would want weed if they were somewhere they don't want to me. For me, weed makes time pass slower, so smoking it at work = time passes slower.

If your job involves dealing with shitty, loud-mouthed and smelly customers, smoking at work = makes it a little more bearable.

If your job involves dealing with shitty, loud-mouthed and smelly customers, smoking at work = makes it a little more bearable.

QFT

I deal with truck drivers all day at my work and a little green can make the shift more tolerable. Otherwise, I am very irritable.

If you do repetitive things all day being high actually makes me better at it and not really pay attention to time

I don't get the stoned school thing either. Some of my friends will go and toke in between classes but I have to turn them down. It makes it harder to concentrate and to grasp concepts sometimes. Plus I normally take adderall before class so it can throw the effects off.

I smoke before school and work because I'm a pothead, weed makes almost everything seem better to me. I go to community college at the moment so class is Spanish is my only difficult class and my classes tend to be pretty boring. So I smoke weed before class 90% of the time, except Spanish because I'm not good at speaking Spanish while high.

With most classes if I was sober I'd just sit zoning out and staring at the clock. While stoned I draw and write and stuff during class which distracts me from being bored. Same with work, except I don't currently have a job. But I find that weed invigorates me and makes otherwise boring things enjoyable, and makes physical labor much easier.

Once I'm at University taking harder classes I'll probably not smoke before every class, but right now my attention isn't required to get As. I also am used to smoking weed before doing stuff, so it doesn't debilitate me too much to perform well in class.

I smoke before work too...just a bowl or a couple of hits off of a joint.. not a lot. It makes my morning go better. it wears off in a few hours. I'm not going to do any work until then anyway...

^Yeah that's the other thing, moderation is key. I don't get super blitzed in the morning before school, but I'll usually smoke a small bong bowl before my first class. Going to school or work so high that you just want to lay on a couch and eat isn't very fun, but going to school or work with a buzz is a must for me. Just a lil' something to make me enjoy my environment and mind state more.

before work, yes, before class, not so much. I get stoned to study and do homework, but I rely on my lecture notes too much to fuck them up while high.

I always smoke at work, the owner at my shop was has been a pot-head for 40 years so I don't need to worry about gettin caught or anything. That and I feel it helps me weld more precise when I'm loaded.

Why not?

Weed makes things more enjoyable for alot of people = work is more enjoyable

I don't do it very frequently, but I used to work an office job where I usually started work half an hour to an hour before most other people even arrived. I also had a pretty flexible schedule in terms of my daily work, so slacking in the morning could easily be caught up by taking less breaks later. I might occasionally smoke up a little in the morning, and when I'd get to work with my high already wearing off, I could browse some shit on the internet, listen to some music and sip at my morning coffee as I settled into work in a nice, comfy way. Then I'd start working harder as the weed wore off and the caffeine took over. I wouldn't like to smoke large amounts, or smoke during the workday though, 'cause whenever I did that, time just passed infinitely slower. Plus, work isn't exactly fun, even when you're high (for most of us unlucky people), so it's a waste of good smoke. Gets your tolerance up as well. I'd rather wait until work is done and toke then.

As for school, there are some lecturers who are fairly interesting to listen to while a little bit stoned, but others are just impossible to follow. Being a little bit high, I find, opens up my mind to thinking in different ways, particularly understanding concepts as a whole and making connections. Smoking a lot is always counter-productive, though, and either makes my mind wander or makes me want to think about how painfully slow the lecture is progressing.

I work as a sales person and smoking just one bowl or just a little before work helps me ease my nerves and feel more comfortable talking to people, and allowing silences where people are thinking about purchasing a lot more bearable for me. When I smoke a lot in the morning before work though, especially when I used to work in front of a computer at a desk I would just be sooo burnt out by the middle of the day, or wayyyy overhungry too early into the day :! or just near-passing out at my desk. But I think that was because I was smoking an indica strain before I got to work that day :D

For school... well I dont know. I smoked all the time before school in college--- and am on an indefinite hiatus for almost a year now. Still have to take my gen ed. classes...so I probably wouldn't recommend it for school. But thats just personally because I'd end up zoning out and watching people instead of the class.

When I've worked jobs if I used drugs at them I would just take 5-10mg of Dexedrine instead of smoking herb, otherwise I was sober at work and I'd just smoke when I got home.

When I've been in school while in highschool I used a variety of drugs while at school but I never smoked herb before or during school. I'd sometimes smoke herb before college classes and I did this a few times either during the start of the semester when the class was just a week or two in, or during mid semester when I had classes where I didn't have exams, quizzes, or papers in them anytime soon. Yes sometimes I would smoke large amounts with friends but it just made class more interesting to me. I also took night classes in college and I had friends who I'd get very drunk with both before and after class.

I smoke before school because I often focus better when high, and it makes tedious and often annoying tasks seem much easier and relaxing. I often find that I sometimes do better when organizing high then when not. But, saying that, school is to be taken seriously and I would never go and get super stoned before it, maybe a buzz or small high at most, I feel that this is enough to make things noticably easier, yet not overdo it.

Before work, I can see- especially with jobs, rather then careers, if you know what i mean. I consider a job something like a cashier, some kind of store worker, waiter, tedious/repetitive tasks. I would also take a career seriously as I would school, but if I knew that I could handle my work while having a bit more fun, I'd go for it.

I would smoke weed before going to school sometimes but it depended on what class I had in the morning ect. My last semester of senior year I actually had Art 3 for first period so it was perfect going to school blazed and didn't effect me in a negative way what so ever. Yet, I never really cared to go to school high like all of my friends. Once in awhile was cool but not doing it everyday. I preferred to save my weed for afterschool anyways ;)

Man, for me it just relaxes me. I smoke before school probably half the days of the week. I dont get as stoned as i do outside of school, because i cant do all the shit i like to do, but it makes me a little more confident and i feel like if anybody fucks with me im bout to lay a pussy down, but im calm at the same time. It makes me more focused too
If i was sober at school id act about the same really but probably be more stressed the whole time.

Smoked for school and work. Before the bus, in school and when i started to work every breaktime. Made me not think how much hours i got left or how many assholes I'd have to deal with in school. I always had music on too so those times had a "psychedelicness" to them. Sometimes tho it will sound weird but it made school seem more "adventurous" if that makes sense.