• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can I IV/Shoot Oxycodone HCL (5mg) white tabs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dckid78

Greenlighter
I have some Oxycodone HCL 5mg pills (white). I am aware that the dose isn't all that high but wanted to know if it's possible to shoot them? If so how many for effect? I am an experienced Dilaudid shooter. Also because of the low dose, I was wondering if it would just be better/easier to crush and snort. Any help and info would be appreciated. Thx.

-dckid

Last edited:
crush and swallow or snort if you're inclined that way.

there's only a small amount of active (oxy) within that pill which is predominately filler and binder. they are not economically feasible for IV use.

please don't use SWIM here as well. it's against our rules and doesn't protect you. could you edit them out accordingly, thanks.

Don't use SWIM here. Everyone knows you are talking about yourself.

To answer your question, no you cant shoot those, because they have a ton of tylenol in them. Even if you did manage to get it into a needle it would be really dangerous to do and totally not worth it. I wouldn't suggest snorting them either because of the tylenol, it will burn like hell. Just take them orally, IIRC oxycodone has a pretty good oral bioavailability.

oxys have a low ba when snorted.. yes you can shoot them.. And you'll get the most for your buck that way with oxys

MOD EDIT: DISREGARD THIS POST, IT IS COMPLETELY UNTRUE.

Last edited by a moderator:
oxys have a low oral ba yes you can shoot them.. And you'll get the most for your buck that way with oxys
Yeah don't listen to this guy he doesnt know what he's talking about. You can shoot oxycontin,(20mg, 40mg, 60mg, 80mg) but this isnt regular oxycontin. These are 5mg oxycodone pills, percocets or whatever. You don't want to shoot those because they have acetaminophen in them. That is potentially lethal advise you gave to him man, if you don't know about something next time just don't post, for the sake of harm reduction.

All the 5mg oxycodone tablets I've seen have APAP in them.

Oxycodone does not have a low oral BA, in fact it is one of the highest oral BA's (>90%) for a semi-synthetic opioid.

I would not shoot any pill without Micron Filtering - and these (If they are Percocet trade name (with APAP)) should never be shot under any circumstances. Oxycodone has an exceptionally high oral BA in all truth, and you will likely not feel much of a "rush" from 5mg, so I would definitely never mess with shooting these.

also, as others mentioned, no SWIMMING in the OD pool.

Thay do make oxycodone without apap in them. I get um from the doc all the time. And if thay don't have apap in them then yes ypu can shoot them. Only with a micron filter. Don't snort um as the ba is vary shity when snorted. Like 40% I've heard but it's been argued

don't look like he said with apap to me.. But whatever

Yeah, I am pretty sure he was talking about the roxi 5's. Yes, they do make oxycodone 5mg, they are instant release pills with no tylenol, and they are very small(at least the brand my mom's new bullshit doc gave her)

But they are still right.Tylenol or not, you shouldn't shoot these, becuase even with a very low tolerance you would still need 15-30mg to get any "rush" and again, that is with a low tolerance, which I assume you have.

popping them is by far your best option, as it has a higher BA than when snorted, and also lasts MUCH longer. But if you are into snorting, that's OK.

I hate to preach, but 5mg oxycodone are NOT worth the needle; I actually have (tried) to shoot them out of desparation, and it was a bad idea. But if your tolerance is low enough to feel 3-4 pills, and you INSIST on trying to inject(again, a bad idea) then hit me up, and I will tell you how to do it correctly.

(edit: I missed the part where he said he shot dilaudid. If you shoot hydromorphone, WTF are you bothering with 5mg oxycodone for!?!)

5mg oxycodone IR have no apap unless they are percocet, which was not referenced. They DO however, have a shit ton of filler. With a tablet containing such a low amount of active ingredient you should NOT shoot. Swallow for max BA, parachute or snort if you want. You say you shoot dillies-why are you bothering with 5mg OC IR's? How much D do you shoot? Use a conversion chart for this type of answer. We don't know how much you can handle/esp if you don't include numbers in your original post (tolerance... etc.). Bottom line-no-don't sboot 'em.

Thay do make oxycodone without apap in them. I get um from the doc all the time. And if thay don't have apap in them then yes ypu can shoot them. Only with a micron filter. Don't snort um as the ba is vary shity when snorted. Like 40% I've heard but it's been argued

It is not my place to lecture you, but it is my OPINION that simply telling someone they CAN inject 5mg pills, despite the large binder-pill ratio involved isn't in the interest of harm reduction, as simply telling him he CAN is likely to make him try. Again, I'll give him instructions for the exact pills he has(which I have had to deal with) but simply saying snorting sucks+he CAN shoot= glorifying the IV option.
IMHO, of course. On a side note, I am very suprised people here have not heard of the oxy IR 5mg, around where I live they are very common...

^ Yea, I get the 5mg IR pills. If they are just IVing one, then it wouldn't be any different than someone IVing a roxi 30, but if tolerance calls for IVing multiple pills, I would recommend against doing so. If you still decide to IV it, be sure to filter it multiple times, but ideally you should micron filter it. Oxycodone has a high oral bioavailability, so I would say that you should just eat them, as I think that their oral BA is higher than most, if not all opiates.

Google the pill imprints to see if they are oxy IR, or if they are percocet (oxycodone/apap). The percocet have about the same radius as a penny, and the oxy IR are tiny. In any case, it is important to search the pill imprint so that you are not IVing the wrong drug.

K. first, sorry for the SWIM ref's. No, they don't contain any APAP/Tylenol. I asked the Dr. specifically for something with none. I just don't do Tylenol. As far as everyone asking why I'm messing with'em is because I'm out of my D's which is fine, whatever. However I had an accident on Monday and had to go to the ER for 2nd degree burns on my hand and this is what the Dr. gave me and I was just wondering what the best method of administrating them was for highest and/or best effect...I hear a lot of people saying you can shoot but I'm inclined to believe it won't be worth it since I'm a regular D user/shooter. I'll try snorting a few to see if it helps, if not I'll just pop'em. Before anyone ask, yes I use D for pain. Bad back and shoulder. Nothing else seems to work for that. If I shot D for a high it wouldn't make much sense would it? Thx for the input.

Last edited:
It is not my place to lecture you, but it is my OPINION that simply telling someone they CAN inject 5mg pills, despite the large binder-pill ratio involved isn't in the interest of harm reduction, as simply telling him he CAN is likely to make him try. Again, I'll give him instructions for the exact pills he has(which I have had to deal with) but simply saying snorting sucks+he CAN shoot= glorifying the IV option.
IMHO, of course. On a side note, I am very suprised people here have not heard of the oxy IR 5mg, around where I live they are very common...

Yea sorry but I'm not gonna sit and tell peaple thay can't shoot somthing thay can cuz if he really would have wanted to all the don't shoot um post are not really welcome'n him back to ask for the proper way to do it.. Sorry if you don't like it

You wouldn't be experiencing a rush from IV oxy like you do with the IV dilaudid. Most people choose to IV dilaudid because it has a great rush, and it has a poor oral BA, so IVing it gets a lot more out of it. With oxycodone though, the oral BA is high, and the rush is low, so I am inclined to say that the risks involved with IVing oxy do not outweigh the rewards.

lorne667; I'd still be interested in the instructions if possible, however the odds of me tryin' are slim.

On another note; can I ask how if a pill you swallow (without apap/tylenol, IBpRfN, etc...) is effective, how is it not effective snorting? It's always been my experience (other then super pepsi), that snortin' is just as effective as swallowin' if not better (w/ coke, you just don't eat period). It just hits you harder and faster. However I'm not an expert on pills (other then D's). Everything else I know and have done in my younger yrs but all the different opiates I just never got in the scene until my injuries and my Dr. started giving me Dilaudid.

Tommyboy; That's the OTHER answer I was looking for. Thx...(btw; snortin' D's, not sure if it's a high BA or whatever but snortin' D's work too. A different rush but for pain management works great as well)

^ Yea, the nasal BA of dilaudid (hydromorphone) is higher than its oral BA.

We have a Bioavailability Megathread if you ever want to look up the different BAs of various drugs.

In the future, you should refer to a drug by its regular name. Most people refer to heroin as D's in some places, so to avoid confusion you should stick to generic names.

Status
Not open for further replies.