• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can I IV/Shoot Oxycodone HCL (5mg) white tabs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is an old topic but it was my first hit on google, I am also new to posting on this site. I know the 5 mg oxy IR you are talking about...they are Roxicodone 5mg. The manufacture 5 15 and 30 mg formulations with no APAP. I am an IV user for many years now and I have attempted this. These pills have far too many fillers and binders with so little active ingredient that it is not feasable to prepare them for injection unless you use a lot of warm water and multiple filters and then reduse the final solution through evaporation which and take days to reduce down to ahalf ml which you could IV. Even then you are at a high risk of losing a lot of the active ingredient. I have a fairly big supply of them and have wasted a lot of them trying this and never got more than a head change as a result. You are best off eating them. They have a very high BA (more so then insufflation or IV). And they are very fast acting and last for hours. If you are looking for a rush then stick with a 2 or 3 dillie shot or even better, some diacetylmorphine if you want a rush. The rush from codone opioids is not worth all the trouble. They are manufactured to work best orally. I would recommend taking about 5mg of diazepam as a potentiator then try eating 6 or 8 of thos 5s. Just some advise from a very experienced user who's number 1 priority is harm reduction, that's why I love bluelight and deicded I should make posts to help. These behaviors are all dangerous and all I am trying to do is help reduce harm and get you the best experience possible with what you have. Hope this helps! aserious

as long as you're talking about roxicodone 5mg (just oxycodone no APAP) yes you can shoot them and imo shoot oxy is awesome but if you do decide to shoot the oxy don't do it w/o a micron filter

shooting oxy is not better than oral oxy imo. then again i havent had a whole ton of oxy IV exp either. but the oral BA is so high for oxycodone, i dont even see the point.

i also dont enjoy the needle ritual, i dont hate it either... but this may impact my opinion of IV oxy vs oral.

i always used to snort it... i geuss it worked so well because of the high oral BA then huh?? meaning the drip was getting u high as well, not just the stuff absorbed up the old sniffer.

either way i highly suggest just eating the damn things. your not "wasting" any by doing that imo

Well, man, I'm not sure if you've got pure oxycodone IR tablets, if so idk they made them in that low of a dosage. If you're saying you've got something like Percocet with 5mg oxy combined with apap, I would not shoot it.

Honestly that's such a low dose anyway you should probably just eat em..unless you can fit more than one in a rig.

And you don't get THAT much more out of oxy by shooting it...as you know it gets absorbed really well in the G.I. tract but some people are just addicted to the needle itself. So do what you do how you do...but do it safely.

tl;dr

But I just had a massive script of 5mg IR's no apap and just snorting 20-30mg of oxy was like trying to shove all the sugar in a coke up my nose in a short period of time... Any recreational dose is just going to be too much powder

is it possible? Experience tells me yes. The prep process takes like fucking ages if you're properly micron filtering everything and retaining a sterile environment. A recent relapse had me shooting Roxicodone 5mg by Xanodyne, had hundreds of them cuz I couldn't get 30's, and while the IV process went very textbook / as planned, the effects upon administration were.... beyond disappointing. I was in full opioid withdrawal and was hoping for instant relief. I didn't get ANY withdrawal relief, let alone a fucking rush ahahaha. Oxycodone cannot produce a rush. It just can't. People need to give up on trying to force that placebo effect. Rapid onset (I've done IV oxycodone hcl many times and it's the stupidest way to take oxycodone, but we've all been through bad stages in our lives so I won't begin to describe my periods of major clinical depression, so to sum it up:

-IV oxycodone could not alleviate any withdrawal symptoms.
-On the OTHER hand, Rectal and Oral Administration both alleviate significant WD symptoms. *I know, I know, who would EVER think that taking a pill orally actually was the best way to take it even though it was designed to work the best that way and there's years and years of research to back this up? Sadly, a lot of people. Snort or IV their ROXICODONE, such a waste of effort for zero return, the oral route wins 100% of the time. /The End!

doesn't some oxycodone --- > oxymorphone ? perhaps that's the culprit is the conversion

ok i just have to make this clear probably most of the junkies i know (which is a lot) all like the rush from oxycodone as good if not better than the rush from heroin or dilaudid on this site everyone is so quick to say that oxy doesn't provide a rush I CALL BULLSHIT there is not opioid i'd rather shoot that oxycodone with the exception of oxymorphone ir nothing can beat it imo

i wish
just had to let people know the truth there are a lot of people who think IV oxycodone is better than IV heroin

^
all you did by heating it was dissolve the binders clouding the water, once inside your body that stuff deposits in the lung's/eyes/heart etc.

Better thing to do if you don't have a micron and are hell bent on injecting 5 mg oxycontin tabs (...) is drop the filter into the murky soolution and let it rest for 20 mins then very carefully draw up the solution without disturbing the sediment (you lose a little)

or even better (but still not as good as a micron) is taking a big 10 ml sterile (food) syringe filling it with cotton (pack it it will compress) then add the solution on top of the cotton put the plunger in and use it like a press , do a wash maybe in order not to lose too much solution. This gives a 100 transparent solution unlike a cig filter/q-tip.

YES! YES YOU CAN SHOOT THEM!
However,I would advise AGAINST doing that. If you do please use a micron filter...and as you stated you're a experience hydromorphone IV user, the amount of oxy & APAP you would need to shoot is unreasonable (assuming you have a high tolerance) I would just chew them up & swallow oxys oral BA is already high enough, around 90-something% IIRC. Or you could try plugging I'm not totally sure but I believe (with oxy) you get just a little bit better BA with plugging(vs.oral) its the highest BA other than IV

Last edited:
I am prescribed oxycodone. When I run out and start getting sick, what else can I take that metabolizes exactly the same? I submit a hair follicle test every 90 days. Someone told me that oxymorphone metabolizes that same, but I cannot risk a fail. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also I have noticed that I should be taking my oxy orally as opposed to crushing them. Any input on that is also appreciated.

BL isn't here to help you beat a drug test, we can't answer that.

If the oxycodone you get is instant release it makes no difference whether you crush it or not, as long as you take your prescribed dosage. If it's time release then you should be taking it by mouth if that's what you're prescribed.

I don't think anything metobaizes into it execept it itself...as to shooting the 5mg,if there just 5mg of Oxy and NO TYELNOL/Aspirin/Ibuprofen, ya could, but my god that's alot of powder and would be such a pain I would just eat them...after my experience with the 10mg ones I Iv'ed, I woud not do Oxy that way unless it's 15mg+, just to much freakin' powder!! I did 6 of the 10mg and did like 4 different washes on it(may have been overkill, but was trying to get all of the oxy I coud)..Really shoulda just ate or plugged it,wasn't expecting sooo much powder.,..

What...the...fuck

I know this is an old thread, but jesus christ, am I the only one who thinks that oxy IV > snorting > oral ?? Like have you people actually done all three? I have . And I can tell you, the effect from swallowing to snorting to injecting just got greater and greater and greater. THE only downside was each high lasted just a little bit less time than the other. But not even close to enough time was taken away from the high to make it a deterrent . Those last 2 hours all feel the same anyway. Bleh. But to say snorting oxy doesnt get you higher than eating it is outright garbage. It definitely does. EVERYONE I knew snorted oxy. And the ones of us that eventually banged it...well only banged it. Why ? Because it was all the same as eating it. get the hell out of here with that horse shit.

The post is years old so by now the kid already did what he was gonna do. And no the health effects of shooting one 5 mg oxy or any pill are not worth risking for ANY amount of high. But it sure as hell feels way better to shoot it up than eat it. If you dont think thats true, you were doing something very wrong, or never actually did it. Im sorry. But fuck this post pissed me off.

crush and swallow or snort if you're inclined that way.

there's only a small amount of active (oxy) within that pill which is predominately filler and binder. they are not economically feasible for IV use.

please don't use SWIM here as well. it's against our rules and doesn't protect you. could you edit them out accordingly, thanks.

Dude there are no filler or binders in 5mg oxocodone ir .... instint release means it is drug all thru out ..... no aspirin , acetomiaphine ....etc ....all oxocodone !!

Status
Not open for further replies.