Bluelight

Thread: Can I IV/Shoot Oxycodone HCL (5mg) white tabs?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52
  1. Collapse Details
    Can I IV/Shoot Oxycodone HCL (5mg) white tabs? 
    #1
    Needle
    I have some Oxycodone HCL 5mg pills (white). I am aware that the dose isn't all that high but wanted to know if it's possible to shoot them? If so how many for effect? I am an experienced Dilaudid shooter. Also because of the low dose, I was wondering if it would just be better/easier to crush and snort. Any help and info would be appreciated. Thx.

    -dckid
    Last edited by dckid78; 28-09-2011 at 21:09.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    crush and swallow or snort if you're inclined that way.

    there's only a small amount of active (oxy) within that pill which is predominately filler and binder. they are not economically feasible for IV use.

    please don't use SWIM here as well. it's against our rules and doesn't protect you. could you edit them out accordingly, thanks.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Bluelighter OEandricearoni's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    408
    Don't use SWIM here. Everyone knows you are talking about yourself.

    To answer your question, no you cant shoot those, because they have a ton of tylenol in them. Even if you did manage to get it into a needle it would be really dangerous to do and totally not worth it. I wouldn't suggest snorting them either because of the tylenol, it will burn like hell. Just take them orally, IIRC oxycodone has a pretty good oral bioavailability.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    oxys have a low ba when snorted.. yes you can shoot them.. And you'll get the most for your buck that way with oxys

    MOD EDIT: DISREGARD THIS POST, IT IS COMPLETELY UNTRUE.
    Last edited by tricomb; 28-10-2013 at 09:46.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Bluelighter OEandricearoni's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by phukyouboy View Post
    oxys have a low oral ba yes you can shoot them.. And you'll get the most for your buck that way with oxys
    Yeah don't listen to this guy he doesnt know what he's talking about. You can shoot oxycontin,(20mg, 40mg, 60mg, 80mg) but this isnt regular oxycontin. These are 5mg oxycodone pills, percocets or whatever. You don't want to shoot those because they have acetaminophen in them. That is potentially lethal advise you gave to him man, if you don't know about something next time just don't post, for the sake of harm reduction.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    don't look like he said with apap to me.. But whatever
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Senior Moderator
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Philosophy & Spirituality
    sekio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    hhohho
    Posts
    14,200
    All the 5mg oxycodone tablets I've seen have APAP in them.

    Oxycodone does not have a low oral BA, in fact it is one of the highest oral BA's (>90 for a semi-synthetic opioid.
    Guidelines for OD ||| OD Standards ||| OD Directory Read Me First! ||| NPD Rules
    Please read the links above or PM me if I lock your post. R.I.P. F28
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Bluelight Crew muvolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pharmacopoeia
    Posts
    4,412
    I would not shoot any pill without Micron Filtering - and these (If they are Percocet trade name (with APAP)) should never be shot under any circumstances. Oxycodone has an exceptionally high oral BA in all truth, and you will likely not feel much of a "rush" from 5mg, so I would definitely never mess with shooting these.

    also, as others mentioned, no SWIMMING in the OD pool.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Bluelighter traybuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    MPLS,MN
    Posts
    181
    Thay do make oxycodone without apap in them. I get um from the doc all the time. And if thay don't have apap in them then yes ypu can shoot them. Only with a micron filter. Don't snort um as the ba is vary shity when snorted. Like 40% I've heard but it's been argued
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by phukyouboy View Post
    don't look like he said with apap to me.. But whatever
    Yeah, I am pretty sure he was talking about the roxi 5's. Yes, they do make oxycodone 5mg, they are instant release pills with no tylenol, and they are very small(at least the brand my mom's new bullshit doc gave her)

    But they are still right.Tylenol or not, you shouldn't shoot these, becuase even with a very low tolerance you would still need 15-30mg to get any "rush" and again, that is with a low tolerance, which I assume you have.

    popping them is by far your best option, as it has a higher BA than when snorted, and also lasts MUCH longer. But if you are into snorting, that's OK.

    I hate to preach, but 5mg oxycodone are NOT worth the needle; I actually have (tried) to shoot them out of desparation, and it was a bad idea. But if your tolerance is low enough to feel 3-4 pills, and you INSIST on trying to inject(again, a bad idea) then hit me up, and I will tell you how to do it correctly.

    (edit: I missed the part where he said he shot dilaudid. If you shoot hydromorphone, WTF are you bothering with 5mg oxycodone for!?!)
    Reply With Quote
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #11
    Bluelighter woamotive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,008
    5mg oxycodone IR have no apap unless they are percocet, which was not referenced. They DO however, have a shit ton of filler. With a tablet containing such a low amount of active ingredient you should NOT shoot. Swallow for max BA, parachute or snort if you want. You say you shoot dillies-why are you bothering with 5mg OC IR's? How much D do you shoot? Use a conversion chart for this type of answer. We don't know how much you can handle/esp if you don't include numbers in your original post (tolerance... etc.). Bottom line-no-don't sboot 'em.
    Reply With Quote
     

  12. Collapse Details
     
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by traybuck View Post
    Thay do make oxycodone without apap in them. I get um from the doc all the time. And if thay don't have apap in them then yes ypu can shoot them. Only with a micron filter. Don't snort um as the ba is vary shity when snorted. Like 40% I've heard but it's been argued
    It is not my place to lecture you, but it is my OPINION that simply telling someone they CAN inject 5mg pills, despite the large binder-pill ratio involved isn't in the interest of harm reduction, as simply telling him he CAN is likely to make him try. Again, I'll give him instructions for the exact pills he has(which I have had to deal with) but simply saying snorting sucks+he CAN shoot= glorifying the IV option.
    IMHO, of course. On a side note, I am very suprised people here have not heard of the oxy IR 5mg, around where I live they are very common...
    Reply With Quote
     

  13. Collapse Details
     
    #13
    Senior Moderator
    Support
    Tommyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    13,931
    ^ Yea, I get the 5mg IR pills. If they are just IVing one, then it wouldn't be any different than someone IVing a roxi 30, but if tolerance calls for IVing multiple pills, I would recommend against doing so. If you still decide to IV it, be sure to filter it multiple times, but ideally you should micron filter it. Oxycodone has a high oral bioavailability, so I would say that you should just eat them, as I think that their oral BA is higher than most, if not all opiates.

    Google the pill imprints to see if they are oxy IR, or if they are percocet (oxycodone/apap). The percocet have about the same radius as a penny, and the oxy IR are tiny. In any case, it is important to search the pill imprint so that you are not IVing the wrong drug.
    Reply With Quote
     

  14. Collapse Details
     
    #14
    K. first, sorry for the SWIM ref's. No, they don't contain any APAP/Tylenol. I asked the Dr. specifically for something with none. I just don't do Tylenol. As far as everyone asking why I'm messing with'em is because I'm out of my D's which is fine, whatever. However I had an accident on Monday and had to go to the ER for 2nd degree burns on my hand and this is what the Dr. gave me and I was just wondering what the best method of administrating them was for highest and/or best effect...I hear a lot of people saying you can shoot but I'm inclined to believe it won't be worth it since I'm a regular D user/shooter. I'll try snorting a few to see if it helps, if not I'll just pop'em. Before anyone ask, yes I use D for pain. Bad back and shoulder. Nothing else seems to work for that. If I shot D for a high it wouldn't make much sense would it? Thx for the input.
    Last edited by dckid78; 28-09-2011 at 21:13.
    Reply With Quote
     

  15. Collapse Details
     
    #15
    SWIM edit's finished
    Last edited by dckid78; 28-09-2011 at 21:19.
    Reply With Quote
     

  16. Collapse Details
     
    #16
    Bluelighter traybuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    MPLS,MN
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by lorne667 View Post
    It is not my place to lecture you, but it is my OPINION that simply telling someone they CAN inject 5mg pills, despite the large binder-pill ratio involved isn't in the interest of harm reduction, as simply telling him he CAN is likely to make him try. Again, I'll give him instructions for the exact pills he has(which I have had to deal with) but simply saying snorting sucks+he CAN shoot= glorifying the IV option.
    IMHO, of course. On a side note, I am very suprised people here have not heard of the oxy IR 5mg, around where I live they are very common...
    Yea sorry but I'm not gonna sit and tell peaple thay can't shoot somthing thay can cuz if he really would have wanted to all the don't shoot um post are not really welcome'n him back to ask for the proper way to do it.. Sorry if you don't like it
    Reply With Quote
     

  17. Collapse Details
     
    #17
    Senior Moderator
    Support
    Tommyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    13,931
    You wouldn't be experiencing a rush from IV oxy like you do with the IV dilaudid. Most people choose to IV dilaudid because it has a great rush, and it has a poor oral BA, so IVing it gets a lot more out of it. With oxycodone though, the oral BA is high, and the rush is low, so I am inclined to say that the risks involved with IVing oxy do not outweigh the rewards.
    Reply With Quote
     

  18. Collapse Details
     
    #18
    lorne667; I'd still be interested in the instructions if possible, however the odds of me tryin' are slim.

    On another note; can I ask how if a pill you swallow (without apap/tylenol, IBpRfN, etc...) is effective, how is it not effective snorting? It's always been my experience (other then super pepsi), that snortin' is just as effective as swallowin' if not better (w/ coke, you just don't eat period). It just hits you harder and faster. However I'm not an expert on pills (other then D's). Everything else I know and have done in my younger yrs but all the different opiates I just never got in the scene until my injuries and my Dr. started giving me Dilaudid.

    Tommyboy; That's the OTHER answer I was looking for. Thx...(btw; snortin' D's, not sure if it's a high BA or whatever but snortin' D's work too. A different rush but for pain management works great as well)
    Reply With Quote
     

  19. Collapse Details
     
    #19
    Senior Moderator
    Support
    Tommyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    13,931
    ^ Yea, the nasal BA of dilaudid (hydromorphone) is higher than its oral BA.

    We have a Bioavailability Megathread if you ever want to look up the different BAs of various drugs.

    In the future, you should refer to a drug by its regular name. Most people refer to heroin as D's in some places, so to avoid confusion you should stick to generic names.
    Reply With Quote
     

  20. Collapse Details
     
    #20
    Bluelighter THE_REAL_OBLIVION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    I'm from Canada and they say I'm a little slow eh...
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by sekio View Post
    All the 5mg oxycodone tablets I've seen have APAP in them.

    Oxycodone does not have a low oral BA, in fact it is one of the highest oral BA's (>90 for a semi-synthetic opioid.
    http://i.imgur.com/Z4T3i.png
    ^^
    Sandoz makes 5mg oxycodone pills with nothing else in them.
    Reply With Quote
     

  21. Collapse Details
     
    #21
    Senior Moderator
    Support
    Tommyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    13,931
    ^ So does Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, but they still have fillers and binders such as microcrystalline cellulose, lactose monohydrate, and stearic acid.
    Reply With Quote
     

  22. Collapse Details
     
    #22
    Bluelighter THE_REAL_OBLIVION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    I'm from Canada and they say I'm a little slow eh...
    Posts
    1,352
    Microcrystalline cellulose is not water soluble. Wouldn't know about stearic acid though. I wasn't encouraging anyone to IV oxycodone, that's beyond ridiculous to me, when eating oxycodone is almost 100% BA. Never understood the point of IV'ing oxy, it does not even produce a rush, as I've learned here and from a friend who somehow obtained OxyFast solution.

    That raises one question for me though : Is lactose a dangerous thing to get into your bloodstream, because I do IV canadian Purdue Dilaudid and it contains only that and magnesium stearate and DC Yellow #10 Lake. As far as I know dyes are not a problem either.
    Reply With Quote
     

  23. Collapse Details
     
    #23
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    75
    if he wanted to shoot oxy.. couldn't he crush up 4 5mg pills, melt it in a spoon with water and use a micron filter.. he'd get pretty fucked up as far as I know.. the filler and binder particles are too big to get caught in the filter.. so he'd only get the dissolved drug in his needle.. i shot up oxy once I was went to dreamland.. it was great (that's real serenity.. lol)...
    Reply With Quote
     

  24. Collapse Details
     
    #24
    Bluelight Crew muvolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pharmacopoeia
    Posts
    4,412
    If you can't micron filter, don't shoot pills. End of story.
    Reply With Quote
     

  25. Collapse Details
     
    #25
    Bluelighter THE_REAL_OBLIVION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    I'm from Canada and they say I'm a little slow eh...
    Posts
    1,352
    BL people has always said that Dilaudid was the only pill that didn't require a micron filter. To me the jury is still out on this, i'm very curious about why the supposedly non water-soluble magnesium stearate doesn't seem to stay in the cup/spoon after using cotton. The solution is a pristine white, so the yellow dye isn't following. If someone could explain to me how magnesium stearate reacts to being added to 10cc of water in the Dilaudid thread I made, I'd be very grateful.
    Reply With Quote
     

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •