Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Fentanyl Withdrawal

4thDimension

Greenlighter
Hi fellas, I have been using the 50mcg Duragesic patches for 5 days and am on my last one. I was wondering what kind of withdrawals to expect after using these for only 5 days. Thanks. By the way, these things kick ass for pain. I will get more in two weeks.

Jimbo

It really depends on how long you've been using, and how frequently. Every time you go through the pattern of binging and withdrawal they become more severe and will appear after shorter binges.

Probably not much. Cravings, maybe some mild diarrhea, some sweats perhaps. I wouldn't be surprised if you experienced no WD at all. 5 days is not that long a time to be using opioids each day.

What sort of condition necessitates being on fentanyl patches for 5 days straight then (I assume since you're asking about WDs) no opioids for 2 weeks? :\

Haahahahah it sure helped with the emotional pain too. I am in withdrawals now and it is awful. My blood feels like paint and I feel extremely uncomfortable and restless.

^ What WD symptoms are you having? If you think that's bad, wait until you have to kick a longer habit.

5days on the patch u shouldn't get that hard withdrawels.

I remeember when i had the patch, i was on it, the whole time, from waking up to sleeping, for 2week straight.

came off it.

didn't get no wd's at all. but then everyone is different :)

Slightly off topic but IV Fentanyl is like getting shot out of a cannon. Had it at hospital because Morphine is like Panadol for me. Not Fentanyl, phewwwww.

Fentanyl kicks from a 3month a gram a day habit are unreal... enough to drive one insane or to suicide... my best friend didn't make it past the 3rd day, took his life on Saturday.. I'm still here, day 3 romorrow

Hi fellas, I have been using the 50mcg Duragesic patches for 5 days and am on my last one. I was wondering what kind of withdrawals to expect after using these for only 5 days. Thanks. By the way, these things kick ass for pain. I will get more in two weeks.

Jimbo

if its a legit drug use ask your doctor for some clonidine. It'll help massively with the opiate induced sickness which are basically pro-inflammatory agents that are produced by the opiated activated TLR system.

You can try the following if you don't have any other choices

short term

- regular baths and showers. I find showers are extremely good. I sit down and just meditate. I can easily sit in there for an hour. It'll help calm you down and maybe put you in a mood to sleep. Make sure you have all clothes setup. baths are also really good. Hot bath and some cannabis apparently helps though if you're a bit prone to the bad thoughts I would say away from cannabis.
- green apples and good quality multi-vitamins. Fresh juiced apple/orange
- stay busy. Sitting around doing nothing is the worst thing you can do. Clean the house etc.
- panadol and nurofen at the sametime. Extremely good at helping with the aches and pains
- imodium is a opiate but it doesn't cross the blood brain barrier. It however binds to the opiates that are in body, namely your stomach (hence why it gives you constipation). This will help immensely.

Long term

- think about getting on a suboxone/subutex program if you're planning to use opiates on a long term basis or find that you have difficulty controlling yourself.

Hey there,

Not sure how you're doing but thought I would share my own story. I was smoking fent for about 4 months and the withdrawal is the worst thing I could explain. For me, the rls was the absolute Worse.
I found that after 2 days the worst of symptoms were done, but fatigue was so bad I couldn't even feed my self. Lost close to 25kg is about a month.

I relapsed in a way and started taking oxys just so I could get some energy.

I would recommend sleeper - strong as fuck sleepers - so you can sleep through it for the first couple of days. Baths are a lifesend, and if you have pets put them in boarding for 2 weeks.

Stock up on fruit and fluids - and plenty of vitamins.