• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time Missing IV Shot with HEROIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackSeatSuicide

Bluelighter
I've missed a shot before, of my it was with morphine. This time it was with Heroin, and a big area of my arm is red, and the bump where the liquid built up is bigger then it was with morphine. I'm really freaking out here and I only have 3 friends I can talk to about this shit and none of them are answering, so you guys are my last hope. What the hell do I do, everythign I found on here is mixed. Do I do the same thing I did when i missed with Morphine ? Just put heat on it ? or do I do cold ? do I need to re-clean the injection site. I always clean the area I am injecting in with rubbing alcohol before shooting, so should I do it again ? Should I run my arm under hot water ? WTF Should I do. I am high as hell and Scared out of my mind and cant think straight. Someone please help me. Hit me up on Google-Talk if you have it [email protected] so that way i can get answers faster

It's bigger becuase you are shooting black tar, or otherwise powder that is cut with all kinds of bullshit. I know people talk a lot of shit about shooting pills, but the fact is, in MY LIFE, which is not neccasarily an indicator of the widespread, but nonetheless what I base my observations on, I have NEVER seen anything go wrong with pills, but have seen many, MANY things go wrong shooting heroin, including a few ER visits, from both missed shots AND low grade H that was cut with shit that caused reactions, not to mention most of the people I know who have OD'ed did so on H(excpet my dad, who has only done heroin literally 3 or 4 times, yet has OD"ed on pills twice).

That said, you should be fine, it is going to be a little worse than with morphine, but it should heal. DON'T mess with it, just let it heal naturally. If it is not almost completely healed within 48 hours, go to the hospital. I have never had a missed shot stay painful for more than 48 hours, so that shows there is something wrong.

The important thing here is to make sure you NEVER miss another shot. All it took was once for me, and I have literally never missed a shot since. I know that may seem odd, and I have injected PART of a shot into my skin a couple of times in the past few years, but that is the thing- you can tell instantly if the liquid isn't going into a vein, and as soon as it's not, PULL OUT! I honestly don't even understand how people miss shots. Not to chastitise you; your new at this. But there isn't really an excuse if you miss a third time, unless your really fucking high, in which case you shouldn't be injecting more drugs!. Remember, injecting into a vein is NEVER painful, but if your not in the vein, injecting into skin will fucking ALWAYS burn like a motherfucker. So if it stings at all, pull out-you are better off having to reinsert then missing, because you feel lazy.

It didn't hurt at all, which from what I'm told is a good sign, and I did filter it using a .22 Micron Filter. After filtering it with Cotton to start with of course, off the spoon. And I always use a Clean spoon, and fresh needle. Clean my injection site with alcohol swabs i got from the hospital, both before and after injecting, and I wash the hell out of my hand, both before and after injecting. I'm OCD about cleanliness in the first place, and even more so when it comes to IV. I just started messing around with IV use about a month ago, and am coming to the end of my experimentation. Not saying I will never IV drugs again, just saying that after i finish the last of my H (which I have about .6 left and I never do more then .1 at a time and .2 in one day) and the last of the morphine pills I have pre-prepped for injection, then its gonna be a long break before doing any IV drugs again.

But anyways, so far all the redness is gone, my skin is normal shade of white (kind of tan, tho its fading, cause I live in washington state, and our normal weather is coming back which is depressing lol) and the Bump has gone down significantly, its only about half the size it was. I like I said, it doesn't hurt, and didn't hurt at all when it first happened. So I think Once again I will be fine, this is my third time missing a shot, and my first time missing with H, so thanks to my OCD cleanliness, I think I will not have to worry about an Abscess, but I will continue you to keep an eye on it obviously and will go to the hospital if it gets worse.

Thanks for the info bro as always, you've helped me out quite a bit on here lol more so then anyone else, and you've been really cool about it, and I would like to thank you for that. It really helps to have someone whos cool about stuff, unlike some people who make you feel like an idiot for every question you ask, which doesn't help anything, especially since this is a harm reduction site and we should all just help people to the best of our ability, be safe, instead of making them feel stupid, cause that makes them not want to post here anymore and that could lead to them not having the right answers and information and hurt themselves. So keep up the good work bro !

It didn't hurt at all, which from what I'm told is a good sign, and I did filter it using a .22 Micron Filter. After filtering it with Cotton to start with of course, off the spoon. And I always use a Clean spoon, and fresh needle. Clean my injection site with alcohol swabs i got from the hospital, both before and after injecting, and I wash the hell out of my hand, both before and after injecting. I'm OCD about cleanliness in the first place, and even more so when it comes to IV. I just started messing around with IV use about a month ago, and am coming to the end of my experimentation. Not saying I will never IV drugs again, just saying that after i finish the last of my H (which I have about .6 left and I never do more then .1 at a time and .2 in one day) and the last of the morphine pills I have pre-prepped for injection, then its gonna be a long break before doing any IV drugs again.

But anyways, so far all the redness is gone, my skin is normal shade of white (kind of tan, tho its fading, cause I live in washington state, and our normal weather is coming back which is depressing lol) and the Bump has gone down significantly, its only about half the size it was. I like I said, it doesn't hurt, and didn't hurt at all when it first happened. So I think Once again I will be fine, this is my third time missing a shot, and my first time missing with H, so thanks to my OCD cleanliness, I think I will not have to worry about an Abscess, but I will continue you to keep an eye on it obviously and will go to the hospital if it gets worse.

Thanks for the info bro as always, you've helped me out quite a bit on here lol more so then anyone else, and you've been really cool about it, and I would like to thank you for that. It really helps to have someone whos cool about stuff, unlike some people who make you feel like an idiot for every question you ask, which doesn't help anything, especially since this is a harm reduction site and we should all just help people to the best of our ability, be safe, instead of making them feel stupid, cause that makes them not want to post here anymore and that could lead to them not having the right answers and information and hurt themselves. So keep up the good work bro ![/QUOTE

Thanks man :)

And I responded here becuase people should pay attention to what you wrote, specifically this:

"It really helps to have someone whos cool about stuff, unlike some people who make you feel like an idiot for every question you ask, which doesn't help anything, especially since this is a harm reduction site and we should all just help people to the best of our ability, be safe, instead of making them feel stupid, cause that makes them not want to post here anymore and that could lead to them not having the right answers and information and hurt themselves."

All too often, people are either condescending, or they just preach the negatives of what someone is doing. People don't come here to be preached at, they come for help, because they can't just turn to anyone about this shit, so please people, try to be a little easier on people, we, and I don't mean bluelighters, because I am still new to this site, but experienced and (somewhat) responsible drug users ahould be helping people who have decided for better or worse to take this path.(most of you are nice though, I am just saying.

I have a question loune, I don't shoot, but I saw you said that when you shoot into a vein it never hurts. How come when I was in the ER, it caused pain going up my arm and into my shoulder when they shot me with Morphine directly (not drip)?

In my using days, (always tar) I missed many times. I would just rub the resulting bump with my fingers, and this seemed to cause the bump to disperse faster and since H is effective IM as well as IV, I still felt the effects (minus the rush). It never cause me any problems or pain. The bump would be completely gone within an hour or so. I doubt you have anything to worry about .

I have a question loune, I don't shoot, but I saw you said that when you shoot into a vein it never hurts. How come when I was in the ER, it caused pain going up my arm and into my shoulder when they shot me with Morphine directly (not drip)?

you sure it was morphine? had a couple if times myself and never remember any sort of burn. could of been demoral that one burns all the way up.

ive missed my vein with heroin plenty of times wasnt that big a deal, felt effects in 5 mins, no bad bruises or lumps. now i've missed my vein shooting pills and crap, and that aint pretty!!! heroin isnt big of deal missing a shit, my expereicne

Nope it was morphine, I heard them say "get 4mg of morphine" which I know is the smallest dose indicated for IV use. I'm pretty sure it wasn't demoral because of the pain relief that followed the injection. I've had morphine oral before and the relief was greater than that. That might also explain why the ER attendants were looking at me really oddly when I asked why my arm was hurting. It wasn't so much of a burn so much as it was just almost like muscular pain. Like my arm was having a charlie horse lol.

BSS, it isn't necessarily the best idea to post your email address up on a public forum..

I hope your arm is okay now. As mentioned, signs to look out for that indicate infection are redness, swelling, heat and pain. If you develop any of those, get it checked out immediately. Hopefully it will be okay though, I'm glad you got some helpful advice.

Am going to close this now, but shoot me a pm if you have any queries :)

edit: there's a good thread on IV complications in the OD directory, here's a direct link :)

Status
Not open for further replies.