Bluelight

Thread: Rolling Stone publishes article on 2-ct-7

1. Collapse Details
    Rolling Stone publishes article on 2-ct-7 
    Co-Owner
    Director of Zeroes
    Yes, you read that right... the new issue should be hitting the news stands this week complete with No Doubt on the cover and a nice little blurb on the front that says " The New (Legal) Killer Drug" with a story inside about 2ct7 deaths, *** and such. I have a subscription, so when I receive it I will be sure to post more information. Please feel free to add any you might find to this post as well.
    Cling to your stashes, peeps... 2-ct-7 will soon be joining the likes of 2CB and MDMA as a schedule I drug.
    Peace,
    SG
    [ 09 January 2002: Message edited by: Sebastians_ghost ]
    "I believe that if people would learn to use LSD's vision-inducing capability more wisely, under suitable conditions, in medical practice and in conjunction with meditation, then in the future this problem child could become a wonder child"
    -Dr. Albert Hofmann

2. Collapse Details

the article is about josh robbins, whose experience is also documented on erowid under the 2ct7 vault. he is from memphis (same as me) and several of my friends knew him personally, though i did not. the report at erowid is disturbing, supposedly he snorted around 30mg?? his death was certainly tragic in our community, but it certainly does endanger 2ct7's legal status in this country.....i think it has a way to go though before being scheduled (or maybe not after national publicity?!?)

3. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    One supplier raided this Summer, they don't carry this anymore.
    Another supplier closed this Summer. Probably from negative publicity of research chems in and in particular 2C-T-7, also the other supplier being raided didn't help.
    At this point, probably can't find T7 from a US supplier.
    The "rave drug" scare will help it's demise. Careless, uninformed use (like snorting yourself to death on 35 mg) is also killing it.
    It's going down, it's just a matter of time.
    [ 09 January 2002: Message edited by: cascadia ]

4. Collapse Details

The specifics are RS 888, pp. 44-49. See the link a couple posts down from this, it has the story....
    [ 10 January 2002: Message edited by: Catch-22 ]

5. Collapse Details

Thank you Catch-22(and Sebastian), for all your insight. At first i wondered why RS would publish an article on this substance, thinking it would mirror the "expose" Spin did a couple of months ago on Salvia. This seems to be different, with a lot of accurate and hopefully unbiased information.
    One thing i don't understand is why this would become a scheduled substance. If the government has eliminated(eliminates)any possibility of it being sold here(i dont know of one place that currently sells it), what is the problem? I don't think they want another scheduled drug to worry about, even though i do agree T7 would go bye-bye for ever if that did happen.

6. Collapse Details

7. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I dunno if the DEA would mind...they scheduled 2C-B before it had a chance to hit it big.

8. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Actualy this may help 2-ct-7 stay legal a lil longer, the more negative publicity the drug recieves the less its popularity is, I mean think about it, how many ppl have you met that are too scared to try LSD because they think they will die, cuz thier brain will bleed. well with T7, this may discourage use in the everyday joes, keeping this drug still in research statues, believe it or not, but the Gov it self is doin Research on alot of the Tryptamines.

9. Collapse Details

even if all that holds up 2ct7 died a while ago.. i'd say around september. in reality there are no more legitamite dealers in the US that still have it, so imo its gone.

10. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew
    Central Florida Area (think Orlando area)
    2C-B was scheduled after *one* person was an idiot with it.. 2C-T-7, will be scheduled shortly, but we have known this for the last year or so, and have been saying to stock up now because once it's scheduled it will never be made in a clandestine setting and sold on the street - of course once the US outlaws it the rest of the world will follow..

11. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Phreex-how can you say that once the US outlaws it, everyone else will follow. There are countries where MDMA is legal, 2CB as well...but illegal here. How about Ketamine, you can get the over the counter in Mexico but not here.
    I do believe that the US will try to strongarm others into making it illegal, but will fail. Many countries are starting to blow us off on this respect. Canada for example, the UK is another. The Netherlands is a free for all.

12. Collapse Details

JUST WHERE THE FUCK IS MDMA LEGAL? can you really get ketamine over the counter in mexico? WTF?

13. Collapse Details

I do not believe their are any non-Third World Countries where MDMA is legal but I could be wrong, ketamine IS over the counter in mexico, but supposedly they are getting a little stricter on that. I'm sure a couple of gringos with mucho dineros could still get plenty though: )
    As far as the article, after having read it, without being nitpicky, I can't say that the article was horribly misleading or anything. The reporter made a point to say this death was due to a MASSIVE overdose, quoting Shulgin's inbelief that someone would snort that much.
    I have kept my respect for Rolling Stone, although I do dislike the high level of publicity 2ct7 will now have, this is much prefferable to the crap Spin said about salvia.
    Pure

14. Collapse Details

there is a letter from the writer on one of the very first pages saying that hes not writing this in hopes of getting it banned...

15. Collapse Details

I don't think MDMA is legal even in third world countries. Well, maybe there are 3-4 obscure ones that have nothing on the books about it, but that's it. Where it is not illegal, it probably does not exist.
    I was curious and did a search a while back, and that was all I could come up with. I think the US shoves its drug policy down the throats of other countries as a condition of federal aid or something, so that almost every country schedules drugs to match the US unless there is some reason not to.
    ~psychoblast~

16. Collapse Details

Yes, you can get K very easily in Mexico. And it's not going to be harder to get unless they crack down on the DOCTORS and not the pharmacies. Ketamine is schedule 3 in the U.S. and it's probably something similar in Mexico, which means you can get it as long as you have a prescription (and refills possibly too! "Where you going son?" "Just off to the pharmacy to get my refill of K!" "Have fun!"). So as long as you can get a script it's yours. There are even certain pharmacies that just have a doctor sitting in there who's job consists of sitting around and writing scripts for money. So there is no problem getting the prescriptions.
    -ikarus