• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants dry nose from methamphetamine use

budbug

Greenlighter
has/does anyone experience dry as fuck nostrils from snorting meth? my shit is constantly....feels so bad i gotta lay off a day or 2.....:(
if so, what do you do to help?

Amphetamines act as a decongestant, so this isn't surprising; I would suggest a saline solution to irrigate your nasal passages. This will provide temporary relief, but the only way to stop it is to quit using amphetamine.

^This.

I'm going to edit the title of your post for easier searching in the future. "mucho metha" isn't exactly a very helpful title.

I'm a IV meth user and when I'm on one of my runs my nose gets SO dry! Almost unbearable. Careful with nasal sprays, though, cause those could dry you out even more. Read labels first! Laying off the shit for a couple days is probably a good idea, but in between time maybe try a allergy med that is made for dry sinuses. Or sleeping with a humidifier, those work good!

... Careful with nasal sprays, though, cause those could dry you out even more. Read labels first!...

Saline sprays will be fine to use as much as is deemed necessary, it's the other OTC/prescribed sprays containing ingredients such as fluticasone propionate that can cause rebound congestion if not used sparingly.

yeah i was thinking to go with some sprays ill deff try the saline....thanks guys! 8o

I used to have the same problem, so I just started smoking it. If you can't get a hold of meth pipes where you're from, tin foil and straws, or lightbulbs work pretty good.

Last edited:
i snort water like an hour afterwards. it gives me peace of mind that im getting all my gack into my system. whether it makes a difference or not, it also helped with dry nose

Last edited:
i do have a pipe, see guys thats my prob, i dont seem to get the same rush i do wen i snort than smoke i also dont even seem to get a slight change of head wen i smoke i believe i dont really know how to smoke it althought im doing everything im supposed to. I took a shard this past saturday orally i must say,,,,,pretty cool pretty cool =D to top shit off i got a fuckkkkin cold! runny nose & everything :\ goin to the docs today.
any suggstions on my smoking? any help? anyone? :(