• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much suboxone should I take?

I have always been curious why do they add the naloxone. Iv'e heard that its to scare people from using opiates while on suboxone but I always thought that was bullshit any answers effie

It was put in there so the DEA would put it in Schedule III, and not Schedule II. It serves no medical purpose.

isnt subutex SCHEDULE III? it contains just bupe...i dont believe bupe alone is schedule II...naloxone or not i believe they're schedle III

Buprenorphine is schedule 3 even when it's not combined with nalaxone. Naloxone has a high first pass metabolism so it's uneffective orally. It has a very close structure to oxymorphone which also has a high first pass metabolism. Naloxone is absorbed nasally and with IV use. I can definitely feel the naloxone snorting it. It's not that effective but it still has a small effect. You can get the same BA by mixing the bupe in an ethanol solution under the tongue.

Most people find that they can stop wd with low doses of sub if their habit isn't enormous. It's hard to find info on the peak plasma levels but I've seen 100-200 minutes listed as the peak so definitely wait a while after dosing bc you want to get by with the lowest effective dose. You can also get a high if your tolerance is low but I think it's slightly less enjoyable than regular opiates.

you can snort suboxone has greater bioavailability aka will hit you harder
or you take take it sublingually when taken sublingually put the pill under your tongue and DO NOT swallow.. keep all the spit in your mouth for 10-15 min or how ever long it takes to dissolve then swallow.
I was on 80-120mg of oxy a day and am on 8mg sub.. could have got by with 6mg but didn't have enough time to figure out the proper dose.. i'd say 4-6mg thats just my personally opinion though

ok just dissolved 2mg under my tongue for about 10 min and swallowed it now just the wait..what should i begin to feel first when it kicks in? like a normal oxy/hydro high?

If you use that much oxy on a regular basis then the Sub, especially at such a small dose, should not make you feel high at all, just normal...