• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much suboxone should I take?

yo0123yo

Bluelighter
My dose of opiates usually is about 90-120mg of oxycodone daily, and i have been taking opiates like this for the past 2 years+..it has been 2 days since my last dose and a buddy of mine gave me one suboxone 8mg pill my question is how much of this pill should i take? i was thinking to start with 2mg? i have heard of people throwing up a lot when taking suboxone also i am on adderall and phentermine and xanax..thanks guys any other info would help as well. also how long after its fully dissolved under my tongue should i begin to feel it? this is my second time taking it since maybe a year ago

start at .5mg-1mgs and after 30-60minutes if you aren't feeling better take another .5mgs

i always snorted my sub because i believe the pills don't work sublingually (not 100% sure though)

definitely swallow. when i take klonopin sublingually i always take a gulp of water oncer the pill is completely dissolved, swish the water under my tongue, and swallow...

ok just dissolved 2mg under my tongue for about 10 min and swallowed it now just the wait..what should i begin to feel first when it kicks in? like a normal oxy/hydro high?

I take 1-2mg. It depends. For me.. and everyone is different.. the sicker I get the more sub I have to take. I'd start with 1mg. It works really well.

To feel the sub id say youd prolly have to do 4mgs but to not feel sick it doesnt take much how you feeling from that little bit you did i always try to make my subs last as long as possible

what? so you think that everyone that actually takes it the way its meant to be taken, is pointless because they don't work that way?
i always take my suboxone sublingually and I always feel it.

dang, after that 2mg i took last night, i woke up this morning feeling real nauseous, i dont feel like im going to throw up a all, i just feel the nauseia..i got 6mg left..should i take another 2mg or will that only make the nauseia i have worse? how should i go about taking the rest of this 6mg i got left? should i do another 2mg today and 4mg tomorrow or 4mg today and 2mg tomorrow?

i am glad i did not take the whole thing last night..please let me know if anyone knows if i should take 2mg today or what i should take and will it make me feel more sick or no?

Last edited by a moderator:
just take the 2 mgs and also everybodys different but hold it under ur tongue for 15-20 min and it seems to go a lil faster if you move it under your tongue...and everybodys different but i quit spittin the shit out like a yr ago and i like that way better.. feels a little cleaner to me anyways

When I take suboxone (usually the tab) I cut an 8mg tab into 4 pieces. Make sure when taking any suboxone that you place is under your tongue for as long as you can. The longer it is under your tongue the better you will be and the more your bloodstream will absorb. Subs are a very very strong medication, and you can get a few days use out of a few mgs. I only need to take 2mg and I won't have to take it again.

EDIT: Warning! Do not take suboxone before you feel the signs of withdraw. If you take it to early you will automatically go through withdraw. If you take it correctly at the right time you should start feeling better within ~30mins or so.

dang, after that 2mg i took last night, i woke up this morning feeling real nauseous, i dont feel like im going to throw up a all, i just feel the nauseia..i got 6mg left..should i take another 2mg or will that only make the nauseia i have worse? how should i go about taking the rest of this 6mg i got left? should i do another 2mg today and 4mg tomorrow or 4mg today and 2mg tomorrow?

you don't need more. subs are known to cause nausea. you probably took too much, not too little. do you have dramamine or benedryl on hand? those both work really well for nausea.

EDIT: Warning! Do not take suboxone before you feel the signs of withdraw. If you take it to early you will automatically go through withdraw. If you take it correctly at the right time you should start feeling better within ~30mins or so.

Okay, this is something that confuses me. If you take a suboxone a little too early after taking suboxone you will induce withdrawal? Is it because of the naloxone in it? I just don't understand how this drug works at all. Is it the same way if you're taking BuTrans or any single-entity buprenorphine product, or is there no buprenorphine product that doesn't contain naloxone. This drug confuses the shit out of me lol.

Okay, this is something that confuses me. If you take a suboxone a little too early after taking suboxone you will induce withdrawal? Is it because of the naloxone in it? I just don't understand how this drug works at all. Is it the same way if you're taking BuTrans or any single-entity buprenorphine product, or is there no buprenorphine product that doesn't contain naloxone. This drug confuses the shit out of me lol.

Nono,

Lets use this as an example, say you just did some sort of opiate. You would not take a suboxone anytime soon afterwards. As it will put you through an automatic withdraw. Following the next day or so when you start to feel withdraw from actually NOT taking opiates is when you would take suboxone without any problems. Make sense?

edit: Suboxone contains buprenorphine which is similar to morphine and heroin. You would not feel any sort of "high" or pleasure from this. And like you said it also contains Naloxone which blocks opiates from the receptors.

Last edited:
Umm, kinda?

I've taken a little piece of a suboxone one time before I knew what exactly it was...

It fucked me up lol...

I hadn't been on any opiates recently either though...

So you can maintain the suboxone, as long as your just using suboxone? (i.e. you could take it maybe an hour early than you were supposed to)

Is it the buprenorphine or the naloxone that causes the withdrawals?

And if you were able to just get buprenorphine sans naloxone...would it cause the withdrawal thing?

Sorry for all of this, just trying to wrap my head around this concept. It's like, it's an opioid, but it causes you to have opioid withdrawals lol...

Umm, kinda?

I've taken a little piece of a suboxone one time before I knew what exactly it was...

It fucked me up lol...

I hadn't been on any opiates recently either though...

So you can maintain the suboxone, as long as your just using suboxone? (i.e. you could take it maybe an hour early than you were supposed to)

Is it the buprenorphine or the naloxone that causes the withdrawals?

And if you were able to just get buprenorphine sans naloxone...would it cause the withdrawal thing?

Sorry for all of this, just trying to wrap my head around this concept. It's like, it's an opioid, but it causes you to have opioid withdrawals lol...

I don't know the dosing for suboxone off the top of my head, I know I use it once in a while (mainly because I ran out of pills). I use it only when withdraw occurs from me not having my pills. Let me put it this way, you should not use suboxone when you have recently done an opiate. That will cause you to go through an immediate withdraw. If there isn't an opiate in your system, suboxone acts like one which makes it easier to come off whatever you are using.

edit: sorry bro i'm really high, if im not making sense.

You're making complete sense. I'm just having trouble understanding the biochemical reactions going into play from this lol. Sorry lol. I realize I'm being quite difficult right now. I'm sure it's almost like trying to teach calculus to a chimp lol.

Buprenorphine (in the Suboxone) has a higher affinity for your opioid receptors than other opioids (such as morphine, heroin, fentanyl, whatever) so when you take it, it removes them from your receptors and replaces them with itself. It is only a partial agonist not a full agonist like the other opioids - this means it doesn't have the full effects that the others would have - therefore it throws you into precipitated withdrawal.

The naloxone in Suboxone is entirely pointless as it has a lower affinity for the receptors than buprenorphine, so it has zero effect.

Buprenorphine has an active metabolite, norbuprenorphine, which is a full agonist. If you take 2mg or less of bupe, the norbuprenorphine gets a look in and you should feel some full agonist effects - so often people find that taking 2mg or less is more rewarding than taking more.

Finally, if you felt sick, I'd take less not more!

Hope that made sense, am a little sleep deprived!