• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Opiate Withdrawal.

Ive a problem, since my last hardcore WD (5/6mg subutex CT, WD was hard in themself but the worst was the time it took for being approximatively OK, if Ive been OK since) I hopefully can't set myself for new longs opiate binge but Ive taken the route of a hardcore chipper. Meaning I'm almost always in semi-WD since 6 months... (I miss days in my use and stuff, sometime I do short almost complete WD then chip a bit more, etc)
I need to stop now as Ive a job in a month and some day. Ive faith in myself as it's not the first time I WD and I'm always able to WD completely when Ive a real deadline (currently in, I passed the depressive phase -day 1- and I'm at the beginning of the "waiting" stage, I'm at the beginning of day 2, I should not suffer much, but idk how much time it will take as I took some sub recently and it's a long time I'm into opiates) but I'm not sure if Ill fall back another time...

just sayin...

Opiates (and myself) are stupid

I'm in France and codein just gone not-OTC, that was the best news of the year as that's my main addiction and pharmacies was my main connection to opiates.

hopefully I should get ketamine somewhere in the month

getting back to the psychedelics only route is an old dream at this stade.

Last edited:
GRSH- I am suspicious that some of my pain is actually being caused by the oxy. Also I have a new surgeon who wants to take out the screws in my back and replace them. Either way I need to get off the pills, either to cure my pain or prepare for another surgery and get my tolerance for pain meds way down.
Yes my plan is to get off the pills 100% if only for a couple of weeks.

GRSH- I am suspicious that some of my pain is actually being caused by the oxy.

Your not imagining it, opioid induced hyperalgesia is def real. I've taken "breaks" before and had my pain levels drop or become more tolerable on several occasions. Even if your not experiencing full blown OIH it might be worth the hell of W/D to find out for sure. Even NSAIDS become more effective and opioids work far better after resetting your natural pain sensing circutry with a nice purge of the Oxy. Best of Luck to you!

On a side note you might want to look into NMDA Antagonists like Dextromethorphan and Memantine as they prevent the development of tolerance and really help prevent OIH. I'll try to find the thread that discusses it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21412369/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19461836

Squeaky- I wish you the best of luck. I find that taking some time off from my meds a blessing as I have always believed that it causes the body to stop adding pain. I have always believed that pain medication makes the body increase its pain receptors as a self preservation response. Pain tells us something is wrong, so it's only natural we actually need or pain receptors to work.

Jekyl, thank you for the links, I am going to check them out right now.

I'm an addict and an alcoholic. I noticed you made the distinction between your pills and DOPE, lol, I've been hooked on both and it's the exact same. I'm currently injecting appx .7-1.0 grams tar and go through withdrawal often, at least once every couple of weeks if I can't get money. Alcohol seems like it would be the ticket but like others have said, unless you drink enough in a short period of time to just pass out it's not going to help. For me it just makes the aches worse, the restlessness more intense and the nausea worse. The only things I have are ibuprofen, kratom, and a hot shower. These things take the edge off but it is still absolutely horrendous. The thing I do to curb the restless legs/arms is take a few Advil, get in the shower for as little no and hot as I can take, get out and DO NOT dry off! Stay wet, climb into bed with a fan on you and it is almost guaranteed you will fall asleep for a couple hours. Good luck buddy, if you decide to go the booze route please do be careful.

Kicked 5 days ago, it's like Keith Richards says, three days of being sick and you're done.... I took phenibut and otc sleeping pills.... had a lot of wet dreams, feel better now

I been on methadone for 11 years. (Yeah... Its a love hate thing anymore) Anyhow. .. For opiates withdrawal... Sleep or stimulants. Obviously if you can sleep that's your better option but it always took benzos to get me to sleep when sick (and not full blown sick either) just like day 1-3.
Meth for some reason helps too. But things like coke or crack made it worse. (I just didn't care at the moment)
Alcohol, I never really tried for withdrawal. So I really don't know. If anything maybe it'd help you to sleep?

And as mentioned - showers and self care will help you feel "human".

When I came quickly crashing off of 100mg of methadone after 6 years EtOH helped a little if I could stomach it but the hangovers were seriously exacerbated, I think it has to do with glutamate rebounding and gaba plummeting which just intensifies the W/D even more. I also noticed with methadone that I had mood swings for nearly 6 weeks vs just a few days followed by just general depression when coming off of say Oxy or Hydro. I remember one of my smoke detectors chirping every 20 mins because the battery was low and I ripped it off the ceiling and threw it out the 2nd story window. Poor thing just wanted a new battery..

Fucking had two weeks and relapsed this weekend doing four gs. I’m scurrying like a mad dog screaming self hate and I think of all I went threw to trash it. I’m so feed up with this roller coaster I wish I could have a handler to watch me a smack me for bad behavior. Fuck I’m feeling weak and Jonsin hard. I gotta wait twelve more hours before Sub. It’s Christmas and my favorite time of year and was goal to be over this all by then. Yes I will be an addict all my life but self loathing is taken control over my mind and I just want to go waste all my money that I saved. I had been giving to toys for tots every time I went shopping and feeling goood besides the insomnia, but I got into gaming on my sons present during nights. I see my therapist Thursday send good vibes please, I don’t want to go thru this again and again. Sober for Christmas would make me so happy. Sorrow to waste anyone’s time but those who feel me please spare some vibes. Oh such a fuck up.

Pucman. YOU ARE NOT A FUCK UP!
You need a plan. One where you don't get to feel like a loser. One where there is reasonable time to get clean. One where you are allowed to be honest with the people in your life that you are scared will hate you for your addiction, or one where you have a good story for being sick for a while.One where you cut out everyone and everything that makes it possible to relapse.
It takes a month to get your life back. Holidays are too stressful. Plan for January, but don't party extra now or you will only be making a bad situation worse.
Tell people you have the flu, really bad, worse than ever. Find a good Dr and ask for help. Take time off of work. Remember it is illegal in the USA now for your Dr to tell and for your employer to ask (HIPA).
Erase your dealer's number from your phone. Tell your pharmacist if necessary. Don't go back to the places you bought, sold, etc, drugs. Even if it means you never go back to your Mom's house, you have to change your life.
The only way off the rollercoaster is to unlock the seatbelt, get off the cart, walk away, drive home, and NEVER go back. Disneyland sucks. It's overpriced and crowded.
There's a whole world of people who want you to win. You can do it.

Fucking had two weeks and relapsed this weekend doing four gs. I’m scurrying like a mad dog screaming self hate and I think of all I went threw to trash it. I’m so feed up with this roller coaster I wish I could have a handler to watch me a smack me for bad behavior. Fuck I’m feeling weak and Jonsin hard. I gotta wait twelve more hours before Sub. It’s Christmas and my favorite time of year and was goal to be over this all by then. Yes I will be an addict all my life but self loathing is taken control over my mind and I just want to go waste all my money that I saved. I had been giving to toys for tots every time I went shopping and feeling goood besides the insomnia, but I got into gaming on my sons present during nights. I see my therapist Thursday send good vibes please, I don’t want to go thru this again and again. Sober for Christmas would make me so happy. Sorrow to waste anyone’s time but those who feel me please spare some vibes. Oh such a fuck up.

You went 12 days off and 2 or 3 days on. That’s an 80% success rate. Keep at it.

Back on Sub did a few more grams to prolong the inevitable but hey I’m fucking used to the hell. I have a therapist who just wants me to stay on higher dosages than I want to be on. I guess just going thru the wds to get back on subs fucks with your head and says do some more H instead off that pointless shit that makes you feel like a zombie. But the H didn’t make me feel good either. All pill poppers don’t ever think about doing Heroin. I read about these tiny habits and fucking realize how long it took me to get the tolerance or point I’m at in my addiction. I will always remember I couldn’t get any Dilly’s and I know the day I tried Heroin and never did pill again. Not glorifying trying to scare you fucking straight so you know what a real habit is. $600 days at points. I fought maintenance for so long but I have accepted it for now. Going to a meeting helps pass trouble zones like weekend nights. One day I will be done for good just bare with me when I’m feeling nuts. I have been drinking a few beers which I haven’t been heavy on for some time. Thanks Squeeky and Jalara for the replies. Just Smile is my maantra

What are the meetings like? I’ve always wondered. Also wondered if one is truly N/anonymous when they live in a small town like I do.

can anyone help me figure out my situation? I'm currently hooked on h, have been for 2 years now. And I know about p/w and how it works in the sense of using bupe too early into wd. Last night I waited 12 hrs after my last dose to do a sub, it was an 8 mg suboxone strip. I did about 2 mg bupe induced intravenously, I have experienced pw before but this was on another level. I was retarded sick for about an hour and was able to pass out only because i was up for 3 days prior. This morning I woke up feeling ok, and it's now been almost 13 hrs since that last shot of bupe. I'm trying to kick the h and use subs to help me get off it. So.. since I did the bupe and went thru withdrawals, the real question now is, am I able to take another shot/sublingual dose without going thru pw again? Since the h on my receptors has been replaced by bupe and now the bupe is wearing off, would I have to worry about going into pw? Or would I start to feel better ?

First time on here i am currently on day 35 of a 900mg a day codeine phosphate habit just want to know is it normal to still feel like crap a month clean thanks

Welcome to Bluelight Steva! :) And congratulations!

Opiates can be quite tricky but you are lucky because this is your first time and you are coming off of a lighter opiate although you use a large dose.
It's okay to feel down like that after all we are used to feel good and now our emotional issues gets the best of us. I have quit almost 3 years ago and I felt as if I was depressed all the time. Lethargic too.

Exercises can help you immensely because they make your body release endorphin besides it makes you feel better at the end. Try to find something you enjoy doing, whatever that might be. For some people it's music, for me it was travelling and the movies. As long as it doesn't involve drugs this is the best you can do to feel better. I remember clearly when I stopped doing drugs even when watching TV became boring. But it gets better with time. You need to patient with yourself.

If you have done it for a long time and are feeling cravings, try to live one moment at at time if it get to that. Keep yourself busy, coming hear to listen to others can and to share is also good. It worked for me.

Have you gone to AA or NA for help? Some people like them.

Keep posting and you'll see a lot of interesting people here.

Best of luck!!

Hi i dont get cravings i eat well sleep ok just the feeling that i am not quite right is really annoying i work 6 night shifts a week which is rather depressing as i work alone i do sleep but not what a normal person would i have anywhere from 3 to 6 hours a day which could be contributing to my overall down feeling thanks for the response ive never been to aa i really dont think i need to i know 100 percent i wont take codeine again as naive as it is i really didnt realise i was putting my self in a bad place i felt as tho my body was telling me to stop i felt like rubbish every time i took some now just need the depresion to pass and i will be right as rain thankyou for your reply sorry for rambling

As Erikmen mentioned exercise is a great way to heal, looking into some nutritional supplements and eating as healthy as you can also helps with the gloomy period. A lot of people recommend B vitamins from thiamine to the B-12 complexes along with C, E, D or anything you are able to find but stay within your budget. Some also believe strongly in Magnesium and Calcium as well. Here's an interesting thread about Vitamins if this interests you. Hang in there.

https://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/159039-Dr-McBudstoke-s-guide-to-vitamins(ver-1-0)

Hi guys does anyone have a rough timeline on when these paws will go away I've had a few good days recently but today I feel lower than ever just so tired I feel as tho I am in a fog can't concentrate just feel in zombie mode a bit spacey a just wish it would go away I have no codeine cravings at all but I just want to feel normal again its so close to Xmas and would love a really happy Xmas with my family