• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Opiate Withdrawal.

Brother....all I read was original post so sorry if I'm being repetitive....you may feel good for a few hours, but having a hangover + opiate withdrawal is a whole new ring of fire. I'm all about trying to escape that dreaded WD...but the few hours of feel good (and getting drunk des help) is not worth the double stack you'll deal with tomorrow.

Im in wd last day. Its been a long 5 day. Get my scrits tomorrow. I cant imagine drinking like tthis. The hangover pllis wd would be way too much. To each his own. Ive been wanting a hot shower but weve had no water here for too long. Just Tylenol and my Adderal and thats it. The memtal def harder than physical

This is my 4 time going though WD from opiates. First time I was on vacation coming off of morphine which was the absolute worse. Felt like I literally wanted to crawl out of my skin. No energy, didnt feel like doing anything couldnt take any xanax or script drugs because i had a drug test for a job interview. After the drug test on day 5 was still feeling so anxious and uncomfortable. Took a klonopin, didnt help much, then took an ambien on night 5. IT WORKED. I slept the next 2 nights and on ambien then was out of the woods. I made it 9 days with out opiates then started back the first day of new job to cope with the stress.

Next time came off of 120mg or so of 30 mg roxies, was taking about 3-4 a day. This time I expected the worst because of last time. It was way better then the morphine. I still felt anxious but didnt have the feeling of wanting to get out of my body as much. This time I loaded up on vits, immodium, hot baths at night helped with the restless legs, ate bananas, lots of fruit, first three days were the worst, still didnt sleep. I thought ambien would help since it helped the time before so I took it on the very first night because i was dreading the no sleep part . Took it with an entire bar did NOTHING. I couldnt believe it. I guess what i learned from that is if you have ambien prolong taking it till later on in your withdrawl, i think for me the longer you wait the more it works. Relapsed slowly about a week later.

Next time came off of 10 mg loratabs about 14 a day. this was way easier then the roxies. Actually didnt really feel that weird during the day. The worst was once again the no sleep and restless legs. This time I used adderall to make it though the day. This actually helped alot, the no energy you usually experience that makes you want to lay around, the adderall gets you up and doing things which keeps your mind busy, also helps considering you havent slept a wink at this point. Tried megadosing with vit c, did it about two days, didnt notice any difference so stopped. took vits, b vits, xanax, imodium (life saver) and multivit. Not sure if any of it worked but like i said this time was a walk in the part besides not sleeping. It took 5 days before I could sleep again. On the 6 day I think I was just so tried I passed out. Got bout 4-6 hours, then the next 2 nights it got easier and easier. By day 7 or 8 I couldnt believe I was able to sleep again. Literally the best feeling in the world, now I know it takes a good 5 days of HELL before you see the light.

Today is DAY 3 of coming off roxies again. Didnt sleep a wink last night, tried drinking heavily which i knew wouldnt work but tried it anyway, and weed, lots of weed. the weed helped but still did not allow me to sleep. Also tried eating mustard last night i read it helps with restless legs, it didnt do anything. Have no appetite. Taking vits, multi and B, also adderall again in the day. It has def helped me today force myself to get out. Its a beautiful day here the perfect spring day really. Took my dog for a long walk. The sun and moving my legs felt good. Now I'm going to go to the store and get some epsom salt, some fruit since I need to eat, maybe a vit water for the potassium and bananas. I am also trying to get some xanax but have yet to. I feel a little better now then I have since I started all of this. But I still know theres about 4 long long nights ahead of me. I wish I could find something that doesnt have to be prescribed for rest less legs. I may go to the store today and try the passion flower and valerian root i have read it helps.

Things I've tried that I think I have helped (although nothing really seemed to be much of an improvement)
- xanax, ambien, adderall, hot baths, masterbuating, eating fruit, weed, music

Things I've tried I didnt notice helping
- vit c megadosing, liquid magnesium, benadryl, alcohol, OTC pain meds like bc powder, etc

Hey there alicejane,
I know the feeling of opiate withdrawal!

I'm glad you're trying to detox again and good luck!

Immodium is a life saver - also try Kratom - that helps a lot with withdrawals too!
Best of luck to you - Much love!

Listen...I can tell you, without a doubt, that Kratom can help diminish suffering during opiate Wds TREMENDOUSLY. I was a non-believer until I tried and let me tell you...it saved me. There are MANY others who have used Kratom and I would never suggest anything that didn't work. I WD off of Fentanyl once without it and it was literally the worst experience of my life. Then, foolishly I got involved with fent again and this time, when I WD, I used Kratom and it made WDs so much more manageable that I couldn't believe it. It was literally a miracle for me. Once you get your dose right, you can use anywhere between 3-5 grams every 5 or 6 hours, sometimes more or less, and after a week or 10 days, you can begin backing off on the Kratom. After a while, you'll experience PAWS, which sucks very hard, and Kratom can even help alleviate the anxiety and depression that you have to deal with. So yes...no kidding...more people should be aware of Kratom and it's effectiveness for Opiate WDs. Again...start googling it and you'll see how many people with major habits used it to get off of the drugs they were on. It is a lifesaver, and again, I wouldn't waste my time writing here if I didn't mean every word I say. I was a non-believer until it saved me. Now, I still keep some Kratom stored away in case I get stupid again. I have several ounces of Bali which seems to work great (red vein varieties work best for opiate wds).

I'm back to full use of oxy again. I had my second back surgery 7 days ago to cut off one of the umplants from the first surgery that had shifted into my spinal canal and was tearing into my spinal cord fot the last 9 months. REALLY sucks.
I got my family doc to put me on 30mg oxy x 4/day. Now I have a pain mgmt doc who is changing that to oycontin(time release) 30 mg x2 PLUS 30mg oxycodone pills x3 / day. The point is that I am now scripted 150 mg oxy/day and I am finally(after 2 years) comfortable.
If I must be dependant on these drugs, at least I'll get a few weeks pleasure from them!

Then enjoy. That's about all you can do. I've found that DXM can extend the pleasure when it starts to fade out. And never beat yourself up about any of it. Best of luck to you. It's really fucked to have a body that won't work well but you are not alone.

Thank you Cosmic Trigger. I'm trying hard to not feel like a loser/addict right now that I'm getting 150 mg/day. Your bit of encouragement REALLY helps.
At least I've withdrawn cold turkey off this s**t once already with plenty of pills still in the drawer, so I'm confident I can do it again when the time comes.

Hey Squekay. Dude don't feel bad. You got a fucked up back. Real fucked up. That's a lot of Oxy but if you really wanna know your motives, sees what happens when you don't need them anymore. You kicked cold turkey once before and that tough s I hope you can do it again when the time comes. But enjoy the Oxy now. You earned it!!
Cosmic Trigger, I just dosed some DXM.. Love it especially for wd. I'm currently in wd from dilaudid and it works like a champ. I gotta be carefu cause I'm on head Meds so don't want to interact. One night I did about 700mg and I thought my eyes were gonna for out of my head, lol. I went on a binge of sorts and it's in trip reports. It's really embarrassing cause I said some stupid shit but that's what I was going thru. Check it out

Hey Squeaks, I agree, no need to feel bad (not sure if you do but you shouldn't anyways).

If your doctors are prescribing you 150mgs oxy/day, they must really think you need it. Doctors are super cautious and conservative when it comes to opioids.

Closeau - were you on any SSRI's or anything that messes with neurotransmitter reuptake? I've been warned that taking DXM with those (or in proximity to having taken them) can lead to some nasty stuff, like deadly serotonin syndrome. I don't want to scaremonger, just trying to keep you safe.

I feel for all of y'all going through withdrawals. Myself, it started out as fun, haha the jokes on me. Now I'll snort about anything. Including coke and heroin. As a result of this, first my marriage went down the drain and then my job, which I had for 15 years. I snorted a bunch of these pills in about a week period. Dealer said they were "super benzos" but honestly I don't know what the hell they were. Don't remember much of anything but losing my job, beating up someone, and my brother remembers us stealing and breaking into shit. I couldn't tell you though. That time frame is a blur. I work, used to work in shipping, and a truck driver called my boss cause it took me four hours to load him. It should've took 20 minutes but I don't remember a thing lol. I guess I kept getting on and off the hilo, going in and out of my office, and stumbling all over and falling. Whoops. My workplace said they would help me out and pay me short term disability while I went to rehab. Go figure I got a letter in the mail a few days later saying I was terminated. So here I am now with no job or insurance. I can personally say withdrawals are the worst sickness I've experienced. I applaud all of you who have kicked their habit in the balls. I honestly wish I could do the same. The most I have made it is four or five days. Suboxone and benzos are a big help. Even adderal helps, but for some reason I can't kick that monkey off my shoulder. Drugs have taken so much from me but I still cave in for that little bit of happiness they bring to me. It's pretty bad when you don't do drugs to get high, but to feel like your normal self.

Phil. Mckeer, I'm on lithium and Latuda I should know if there ssris nut I should now cause you have to take s low dose with thisvdrugsni took thisvdrugsni at a high dose and def got sd syndrome. I'm ok now but it was extremeley scary like not knownhbeeh see wanted t chimr in buybnitbfeeling being badvtnmyseftx lifesc about improving

Lulz. 2 to 1 money says closeau was on at least 500mgs DXM when he wrote that. At least that's how I type when I'm on it.

Right on brother, as long as you know what's up! Imma go to the store now and grab me some tussin syzerp, cuz I sure as shit ain't gonna buy any dope. "There's no hope with dope!" (Learned that from Saved by the Bell)

Edit: So, I was just at the local drug store, buying two bottles of their store-brand tussin. They have a half off sale on candy right now, so I said fuck it and loaded up on a dozen chocolate bars and other stuff (and it pads my items so I'm not just buying DXM). The cashier was SUPER hot, totally my type, short, dark and edgy. I wipe the shit eating grin off my face as my turn comes up, and as she scans my stuff, she goes "Well, this all looks fun", and I answer "Yeah, been on a big health kick as of late." Didn't stutter, didn't even blink. Fucking RAD. No # though. I'll let that seed germinate and check back on it later.

Edit II: Um, I drank ~300mgs of DXM an hour ago and...almost nothing. WTF?

Edit III: Sorry for hijacking your thread, Squeaks. Get well soon.

Last edited:
I'm scripted 150 mg /day oxy. Got tons of pills in my sock drawer. It has been 17 days since my last back surgery.
The pills really help(of course!). But about every 30 minutes I change my mind from " F this. I'm in pain and I'm taking all the pills as prescribed" to "?do I really need that much? Maybe I should start to taper down." And then I change my mind back.
Problem: Tapering means the level of oxy in my body is always going lower than my tolerance and therefore being ineffective at pain relief and giving me a hint of withdrawls, but staying at 150 mg/day means that soon I would need even more that that to get relief. I'm smart enough to know that it is a dead end road, but too dumb to figure a good solution.
Anyone got any ideas?

Phil.Mckeer, I was dosing when I wrote that obviously. Looked ok then, oh well. Yeah I got seretonnin syndrome few weeks ago when I took a high dose on top of another high dose. It was really scary. So happy you're crazy. So when I do it I do about 300 and I'm fine. Anyway, that was my answers. ...Yes, there's no hoe in dope!!!!! AC Slater

Squeaks - you are right, eventually your tolerance will catch up and you'll need more to keep in the same place. It sounds like your doctors are cooperative; I'd just be honest with myself about my pain level and what I need to be comfortable and I'm sure they will cooperate. You shouldn't feel guilty or have second thoughts about your medication. Out of everyone I've ever met or heard about on BL, you are the most legit pain patient I've come across. You're not doing this for recreation; you're using the opioids because you're in severe pain. Just do what is in your heart, what you think is right for you. We have your back regardless of what you decide, and I think your doctors do too, from what I can tell.

Closeau - damn dude, what did the serotonin syndrome feel like? Did you have to get medical care? I thought SS was lethal (?). And yeah, I like to be a little crazy sometimes, being sane is overrated. I think I'm going to find some Saved by the Bell streaming online, I really am craving that drug abuse episode (wasn't the main plot Jesse Spano using caffeine pills to study? And I remember something about the cool new kid offering a "reefer" to Zack and Slater, hahaha). Fucking love Saved by the Bell, man. Good times.

Yeah man, I remember that episode. I remember them all. Yeah I prob shoulda went to the ER but it's taken me years to get back on good standing with my hospital and clinic. So they don't treat me like scum anymore and give me what I want. I don't know if it was full ss. All I know is I had all the symptoms. Racing heart. Paranoaj shot you can look it up. Plus all the dxm was driving me crazy. If it had been quiet here it would have been better but it was frantic and I'm s music freak and always have my hrsdphones on but that night I couldn't find what I wanted to listen too. Scary shit. I shouldn't do that shit anymore but I dosed three hundred about hr ago so I'll be good. I got my dilaudid today too so I'll be nice and relaxed. Happy 4th

I started my own thread but none is responding. .. I have been off percocet for 3 days and just took 1 , 10/325... will this delay my withdrawals? I've gone through hell the past 3 days and am very scared it will set me back...

Def the 4th was better. Ended up dosing 600mg of dxm in a 12 hr period and 9mg of dilaudid. I little over but that's ok. That dose on dxm was crazy. Usually it's hr and half to kick in but they did in like half. Sweet relief

Strugglingopiteadd- Read my posts through this thread from the beginning. I did sort of a diary of my daily experience getting off of 60 mg/day (I still have a bunch if percocet 10/325). Maybe there's something I posted that will give you some hope or strength.
My guess is you prolonged the whole experience, but perhaps it was a smart move if you had withdrawls really bad and you're not out of pills. Everyone is different, but the worst part seems to be around day 3 or 4.