• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Opiate Withdrawal.

Three weeks! Woot woot! Good job man...just use the inspiration of such an awesome accomplishment to help you finish with the benzos...the hardest part is past, I think...

Thx Phil. So far the benzos are WAY worse, particularly because of how much I have read about the months of crap I probably have ahead. It is F'ing awesome to look back at the last three weeks and realize I made it through the oxy wd's and that IS definately giving me some fuel to press on fighting for freedom from the Ativan.

4 weeks now since my last oxy. Benzo WD sucks bad but life is better. I have pain from back surgery still and I miss the relief I got from the pills. BUT my days make more sense now that I'm not staring at the clock waiting until I can take my next oxy. There's a freedom that comes with this and it seems to be worth the pain.

Too much pain from the screws in my back today. 4 1/2 weeks with only Tylenol for pain(not even alcohol or weed). I broke down last night and took oxy, this morning and tonight too. I'm going to try and stop for several days in between using the pills for a couple of days. I just really need a break from hurting so much.

Squeaky, you're a champ for having gone so long. Enduring w/d, then going all that time with just TYLENOL (!!!) with your painful condition is beyond most peoples ability to do.

You deserve analgesia. You went without and felt what it was like. You don't have to make yourself suffer, bro.

Your case is considerably different than the recreational user who finds themselves addicted.

I know I could never do what you've done.

If you're curious.... Look up PLIF (posterior lumbar interbody fusion) surgery L4-L5-S1 w/ pedicle screws and instrumentation. My surgery was 5 1/2 months ago . I got 6 screws and 2 titanium rods.

Looks and sounds painful! I have a herniated disc @ L5 (but that's it) and I whine about it plenty XD

I can only imagine what your back feels like. ***SHIVERS***

I'm back on the pills. All day every day. Too much f'ing pain and it's getting worse. I guess this is normal for my recovery, but 'normal' really sucks.

momma, what is the prices in your area, is it a 1$ to 1mg? I have no idea how it is done these days, I have heard people paying about 40$ for an 80mg Oxycontin/Oxycodone, is that about right?

Pricing conversations is not allowed in BL.

I am back on the oxy (perkacet 10/325 x 4/day). In the last 6 months I have taken myself off of Lorazepam, Gabapentin, Dilaudid, Baclofen, Hydrocodone, and Oxycodone. All without assistance from the Dr. I am back on the oxy because it is the only thing that has worked.
Here's the important part of my story...... I wrote down every pill I took for the last 6 months. I also noted any change in my pain. SO I know the oxy is necessary now to help my pain. I know the other drugs are not good enough and I am not now just an addict going to the Dr for more pills.
I have my little stash of extra pills for emergencies, and for a few good parties when this problem is behind me. I also know what oxy withdrawls are like for me and I am confident that the trade off is worth it for pain management right now.
The best scenario would be for me to be past this whole situation, but now at least I know what I'm taking and why. I am taking the fewest medications possible. I am not taking any pills to fix side effects from other meds.
My little mountain of pill bottles is down to 2, Lyrica and Perkacet. My mind is clear and so is my course of treatment.
I think the stress of 'not knowing' was killing me slowly. This still sucks, but it sucks way less now.

Squeaks, you're doing a fine job. You tackled the difficult journey of detoxing and found out how your body feels at baseline.

Like I said some time ago and I think you agree, you deserve to not have to suffer pain when science has found means around it. Sure, you'll have to "pay back the piper" again at some point, but:

1. You've done it already once, "just for shits and giggles (to know what your body really feels like when its not constantly opiated), so you'll know whatto expect and will do it even better round 2 with your experience in hand.

And

2. You're only taking Perc 10's (x4 a day) so 40mg of oxy a day. That is a pretty light habit.

All in all I'd say you've done a helluva job and have everything well under control from here on out.

Good luck, brother!

Edit: AND you've inspired anyone who has followed this thread with your actions. We'remostly recreational users or users who once were prescribed legit meds for some pain condition but got hooked and never stopped. You doing what you did in the situation you were in clearly indicates that ANYONE can beat the monster of opioid dependency if there is sufficient willpower and maybe a couple benzos, gabapentin, etc.

Last edited:
I am back on the oxy (perkacet 10/325 x 4/day). In the last 6 months I have taken myself off of Lorazepam, Gabapentin, Dilaudid, Baclofen, Hydrocodone, and Oxycodone. All without assistance from the Dr. I am back on the oxy because it is the only thing that has worked.
Here's the important part of my story...... I wrote down every pill I took for the last 6 months. I also noted any change in my pain. SO I know the oxy is necessary now to help my pain. I know the other drugs are not good enough and I am not now just an addict going to the Dr for more pills.
I have my little stash of extra pills for emergencies, and for a few good parties when this problem is behind me. I also know what oxy withdrawls are like for me and I am confident that the trade off is worth it for pain management right now.
The best scenario would be for me to be past this whole situation, but now at least I know what I'm taking and why. I am taking the fewest medications possible. I am not taking any pills to fix side effects from other meds.
My little mountain of pill bottles is down to 2, Lyrica and Perkacet. My mind is clear and so is my course of treatment.
I think the stress of 'not knowing' was killing me slowly. This still sucks, but it sucks way less now.

You're doing great - way to go!

Thanks guys. I was feeling a little loser-ish for going back to the oxy. Your support helps.

oh. that really sucks ass man. i think the only thing that can help you is to take more opiates, weaker opiates to taper down. are you getting seizures?

Deadend, read through the whole thread. The man has rods and pins going through three consecutive lumbar vertebrae that were placed there surgically not more than 6-7 months ago.

He doesn't need to taper a damn thing. He's at 10mg oxy x4/day and that is a LIGHT habit. Some people get that for pulled wisdom teeth.

I know the pain of a single herniated disc, I can only imagine how many orders of magnitude higher his pain is compared to mine.

Edit: I mean to say that there is no plan to taper...he detoxed just as a test to know what his body feels like when you're off opioids, and now is taking them in what sounds like exactly the amount his physician would prescribe him.

I hate wd so much. Been in it so many times including now. My dr gave me clonidine instead of replacing my dilaudid. I heard its great but i must not be on enough cause it sucks. I have a patch. Wd is strong and going and i know the truth that nothing helps wd. Luckily its just couple more days. I hate wd!!!

Your doc took you right off dilaudid and just gave you clonidine? What a dick!

I'm at around 55 mg / day oxy now. It's not enough to stop my pain, but my Doc doesn't want to give me more(probably good I think) I'm going to try tapering down to something more like 20 mg/ day. That way I can save pills and alternate days at high/low dosage. Life will suck a little more on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday..... But Tuesday, Thursday, and the weekends will be more bearable.
I sound like an addict now, but I don't care. I built a tolerance to the oxy pretty fast. I don't think that throwing more pills at the problem is a long term solution.