• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Opiate Withdrawal.

I just read on bl yesterday some studies about the immodium killing people, heart issues and what not. I used to think that might be a good idea when in wd but now I'm definitely thinking twice about that. Sounds like a shitty way to go.

Loperamide and kratom were always in my WD kit. Just stick it out cold turkey that way you will always remember what hell feels like to prevent you from abusing opiates again. If you want to play with the devil you must be able to accept the pain he brings. Good luck and use common sense !

One thing that makes me feel like a million bucks for 10 mins is coconut water , specifically Vita-Coco , no flavors just regular coconut water . It will taste very strange and "green " the first time you drink it but drink it ice cold the second time and you will be wondering where it has been all your life! Best natural way to get hydrated and curb nausea imo . Only VITA COCO! If you try the other brands you will regret it. Also reeds ginger beer and regatta ginger beer are amazing for their stomach calming and anti inflammatory effects

Spinal stenosis got me 9 months hydrocodone ending at 60mg/day. Then back surgery got me 4 months at 60mg oxycodone plus 6mg lorazepam per day.
I'm getting off the oxy now....
Today is Monday. I cut myself down to three servings of 7.5mg oxy on Saturday, then 3 of 5mg on Sunday. Had my last 5mg oxy this morning, told my wife what was going to happen to me and I am now on the cold Turkey train to what the F was I thinking. This thread is really a help.
I was considering booze to just sleep through it, but you all pointed out that a hangover would just make WD's 10x worse- thank you!!! Tonight will be the first night with only lorazepam and Tylenol.
I bought a heating blanket and it really helps my legs to ache less. I have pain from my surgery, and the oxy was helping, but i was needing more each month and I finally decided to spend my years complaining about back pain and not addiction.
So here goes..... Saturday was leg pain all day. Sunday was better, just no energy. Today has been a little of everything( leg pain, nausea, exhaustion, etc) This really sucks, but as someone else here said straight up Cold Turkey is the best way to stay clean. When jumping off the train is this hard, i bet I will think really hard about letting a Dr buy me another ticket to hell!!!!!!

36 hrs since my last dose of oxy. Slept about 6 hours last night.
Headache, diarrhea, exhausted right now. Thank God for Ativan. I hope for another 6 hours tonight. Might get laid too, i hope that helps.

Getting laid always helps-unless you have to run to the bathroom! You sound like you're on the right track and from what you posted, 3-5 days is the worst window. Now, have any ideas for coping with the post acute period?

You gotta eat too. I know, it's so incredibly hard, but every time I force myself to eat, things get much better. I can take all the comfort meds in the world, but the moment I force myself to exercise and eat, the light always appears much quicker.
-10mgs of Imodium
-scalding hot bath
-exercise
-food
-repeat

*Do not drink alcohol. Just don't. It's so not worth the few hours of relief.

I have been to rehab 4 times and had countless withdrawals from oxy to heroin.
Sure suboxone "helps" but eventually you have to do what normal humans do to survive. Shower, eat, and exercise.
For PAWS: work the steps.
7 months sober. Nothing changed until I gave into AA (or NA, AA just made more sense to me). So glad I did. Havent had to feel like that in a long time.

You can do it. Stopping is the easy part. Staying stopped is the hard part.

About 2 1/2 days since my last dose of oxy. Got laid last night, but really only helped keep me awake! So i took a little extra ativan to sleep and i think I'm paying for it now(lil benzo hangover maybe?) oh well. All I have today is a little exhaustion and leg pain.
Tinker55- i'm just working on not being a jerk to my wife and kid through this. My long term goal is to get off the meds from my back surgery and figure EXACTLY what pain I have without them. Then I can lie to my Dr and go get off Disability. I just don't want to get disabled out of my job.

Mulerider05- you're right about the food and exercise. I got a good meal this morning and i felt a little more alive. Went for a walk yesterday and felt better too.

3 1/2 days now since my last dose of oxy. I think I'm past the worst part. Got about 4 hours of sleep after about 5 mg of Ativan last night. I spent about 5 hours doing yardwork to pass time today and it really helped. I really only have leg aches now. No nausea or diarrhea. Headaches seem to be almost gone too.
Maybe my half-ass attempt at a two day taper from 60mg/day to 5mg on day 3 actually helped.

This morning starts day 6 of oxy withdrawl (5 days clean). Thank God for Ativan, i think I got a total of 7 hours sleep last night -in pieces. Everything is starting to come back together. Headaches are less .I woke up really hungry this morning. My legs still hurt a lot though. It's hard to tell still if it is from the surgery or the WD's.

I'm withdrawing from H. Took my last shot of 3 bags last night around 8pm..woke up around noon with withdrawal symptoms present. Runny eyes and nose. Feel like I wana jump outta my skin. Well I ate a Suboxone. And I guess it was too soon. I'm in full withdrawals now.

Squeaky, you're doing well. Keep going, and be careful not to "reward yourself" too soon. But you're doing great, keep going. Even if it doesn't seem like it, many are rooting for you.

Sugar-b, if you were in withdrawal already, the bupe should have helped, not made it worse (unless you WEREN'T really in full w/d). In any case, the precipitated withdrawal should subside soon. Give it some time. Buprenorphine is a beautiful molecule, I hope it starts helping soon (it will, trust me). How do you feel now?

DonMakaveli, have you tried some weed? it will help, try to smoke some and get outside & walk around. GL!

Day 5 1/2 since last oxy. Headaches back, legs hurt. Tylenol is helping.
Thx Phil.McKeer- it's really hard when i have real pain from back surgery, and a drawer full of pills that make it not hurt anymore. Worse knowing my Dr is happy to give more. I am comitted less to sobriety and more to truth. I want to know what pain I really have from the screws and rods in my back and the only way to know is to make it past the WD's. That is my drive right now.

Fukkk, yeah with that going on, I'd probably just keep going down the rabbit hole. You're stronger than me, that's for sure.

6 days this a.m. since last dose of oxy. Slept 8 hours last night with 6 mg Ativan. Woke up starving. Had a good bkfst. Leg pain 25% under control now w/tylenol. I'm still always kinda cold( it's 75f here), so i wear sweats under my Levis and double socks, while everyone is wearing shorts.
Still sneezing a lot which sucks cause it wrenches the screws in my back. The light at the end of the tunnell looks less like an oncoming train today thank God.

Completed 7 days now since my last dose of oxy. Slept 8 hours straight last night with 2 mg Ativan, 300 mg Gabapentin, 500 mg Tylenol. Woke up a little foggy and dehydrated this morning, but definately better today. I think the Gabapentin is helping the leg pain. All of my withdrawl symptons are less today. I know it's far from over but it feels pretty awesome knowing the hardest part is behind me.

Congrats on going 7 days!

I have 6 years of opiate addiction and hot showers are one of the few things that help me feel better. It is pretty temporary, only when I am in the shower is it really working. But it is such a relief my withdrawl symptoms.

Does your doctor know that you are detoxing from pain meds? I was just curious? Does it seem like they genuinely care about you as a person / patient? Or do they just dispense meds primarily? I saw you said that your doc would dispense pretty readily.

Squeaky, you should have started your own thread instead of hijacking DonMakaveli's thread. I'm sure there's no hard feelings but a great number of people could benefit from your experience. Anyways Good luck and welcome to the forum