• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Gabapentin; A Comprehensive Recreational Guide.

Just took my first 1200 mgs ever of gabapentin. Hoping for a good time. Going to take 2 aleve now and see what happens.

Took 3200mg of gabapentin a day for awhile. 800mg 4 times a day. Didnt feel anything. I think its in the head that you feel anything. Kinda like the placebo experience
Yeah.......NO! Gabapentin is most defintely an active recreational substance!

I laughed so hard I spit on my phone when I read you spent 5 minutes figuring out a doorknob. I took 900mg of gaba a few hours ago and it is just now hitting me. I'm so dizzy I can't walk straight and just tried putting on chapstick and even such a mundane thing felt like I'd never done it, it is weird! It's been a monumental concentrated effort to type too. Crazy. :D

Unfortunately, I haven't experienced any euphoria yet. But, the feeling that everything is so foreign is fun.

Glad this thread is here! I was recently prescribed Gabapentin for nerve pain (I just had my 3rd hip surgery) and after reading about its recreational potential on here, I decided to try it that way. I take like, 400 mg every 45 minutes with Pepsi (and food, of course) and in a couple hours, I feel mellow as fuck. It's pretty awesome. I don't do it every day, though, cause I know this drug can cause pretty extreme withdrawals. Still, for the days I do it, it's a real trip!

Gabapentin with Beta Blocker

I love gabapentin, it works decent for anxiety and overall I feel it promotes comfortability and wellness. But...please don't snort gabapentin. Jesus fuck I'm prescribed 900mg 3x a day. IMO it isn't recreational at all I take it the same way I would a supplement. I feel it synergizes well with a beta blocker like propanolol and with a antihistamine like hydroxzine. This cocktail is a non addictive solution to benzos for longer term anti anxitety use. Overall not as effective in anxiolytic properties as benzos for short term and immediate satisfaction. Sorry if I'm scattered. Dabbed out.

Yes, be very careful taking gabapentin with a beta blocker. A good friend of mine is on a beta blocker for her heart, and had a bad back ache. So I thought she could handle a 300 mg gaba. That one 300 mg fucked her up. She had no more pain, but had to lay in her bed for the rest of the day. So be very careful with that mixture.

Yes, Lyrica is the King of these two, and love to eat them up. For the person asking how many Lyrica to take for the first time ..I would say try 300 mg or so your first time, and see how you feel in an hour. Then go from there. I personally took 800 mg my first time dose, and within an hour or two I was feeling great. I had no coordination, and felt very drunk, but without all the bad side effects. ...now if you want LSD effects off Lyrica or gabapentin you need to take a lot. I have taken 20 to 30 100mg lyricas in one night staggered over time to achieve LSD effects. You will need a benzo like Valium, or Xanax when taking high amounts of Lyrica or gabapentin. So have those on hand before going with high amounts. Because high milligrams will produce some anxiety, but a benzo will help with that, and you can continue to enjoy your buzz.

Now if you run out of your gabapentin, or Lyrica before you can fill your script again you will have some bad withdrawals. You need to respect these drugs. They are no joke.!

Yeah, staggering doses like others have said is a good idea too. I took those 900mg all at once, I didn't think it sounded like too much considering the what others have taken, but everyone's bodies will handle it differently, that and it was my first time taking it so zero tolerance. It started out fun once it kicked in, but took a bad turn for me, I wasn't able to focus my eyes on anything even my hand in front of my face and had just a general feeling of crappiness, so I was out cold on the couch for the rest of the day dreaming of weird stuff, still crashed hard at night and woke up this morning feeling horrible with a pounding headache, like a hangover.

Last edited:
I always ended up staggering doses of gabapentin. It seems like its recreational potential gets overlooked because it's not an intensely intoxicating "high", at least not for me. There's always a but of relaxation but not sleepiness like benzos, a little bit of stimulation that makes socializing more fun, but nothing too intense. Sort of reminiscent of a low dose of hydrocodone in my pre-heroin days.

I was perscribed the 600mg Gabapentin and, like I do with anything new I'm perscribed I googled "Can I get high on -------" fill in the blank. After reading a bit i took three (1800mg) and soon was feeling it. Now I take just 6000-9000mg (10-15 pills) and IMO it's very similar to being drunk. But, yes, everything seems "very new and confusing." It's really a fascinating drug and I was pleasantly surprised and very pleased to see it was NOT a contolled substance. One way to speed up absorbsion in addition to staggering doses and swallowing the pills with something carbonated is to wash off the exterior coating with warm water prior to ingesting them.

Gabapentin is VERY recreational. Skip your daily dose for three weeks (I assume you are perscribed the 300mg pills/capsules?) and then take 6000mg all at once (or stagger your doses.) You will see what I mean.

Anything you have to take 6 grams of is not "VERY recreational." After much experimentation, I have personally come to the conclusion that gabapentin is garbage, in the same category of abusabilty as Wellbutrin more or less. I prefer kratom.

Anything you have to take 6 grams of is not "VERY recreational." After much experimentation, I have personally come to the conclusion that gabapentin is garbage, in the same category of abusabilty as Wellbutrin more or less. I prefer kratom.
That analogy is pretty foolish. Recreational effects aren't based dose but effects. By your standard kratom isn't very recreational either. Pregabalin is much better but gabapentin can still fuck you up with staggered doses.

Well, whatever floats your boat, but I don't feel comfortable taking 6 grams of gabapentin to get such a mild high, and I despise Wellbutrin after it gave me a seizure. Plus, it doesn't make me high. Just my opinion.

There is a generic version of Lyrica now (Pregbalin) so I highly recommend all you Gabapentin users. It's way more potent, higher bioavailability and does not have a ceiling effect.

There's really no reason to be on it unless you cant get ahold of Lyrica for some reason.

Does anyone know if systemic antacids (Tagamet hb) screw with the absorption rate of gabapentin as bad as calcium carbonate (Tums) does? I'm aiming for potentiation of other drugs as well as still being able to absorb as much Gabapentin as normal or at least close. I know tagamet is not a PPI so it only partially blocks stomach acid production versus something like omeperazole. I think a soda with the pentin would probably put my stomach acid back to normal but am curious if anyone has any experience/knowledge in this area, Thanx.

There is a generic version of Lyrica now (Pregbalin) so I highly recommend all you Gabapentin users. It's way more potent, higher bioavailability and does not have a ceiling effect.

There's really no reason to be on it unless you cant get ahold of Lyrica for some reason.
Damnit! There's still no generics in the US! It costs $200-400 a month!

Also cimetidine is an inhibitor of CYP3a4 as is pregabalin. Can't say if it would potentiate it or not but it's not as dependent on stomach pH as much as gabapentin.

horrible effects on lyrica

I love almost all downers but I draw the line at Lyrica! Even on an opioid (hydromorphone) and clonazepam it didn't improve the quality at all, if anything I couldn't wait for the effects to be over with as they had 'muddied' the high so bad only alcohol does this to a lovely opioid high. I was hoping it would be like benzos, soma, or something but it was as if I had taken an Imovane (zopiclone) in the middle of a beautiful opioid high, perfect way to ruin a good high. Cannot see this going well with weed unless Gabapentin is *severely* different than Lyrica.

For the record the dose taken was 1 Lyrica pill, the highest dose they make, instant release. Luckily my suffering was over within 2.5hrs-3.5hrs. This was taken oral once that day - a day I happened to be snorting constant lines of hydromorphone every time the effects wore off, quickly as you know. I'd re-dose having a set of about 5-8 lines at all times. I was high at all times, so when I took the Lyrica if I wasn't peaking exactly when I swallowed it, then I was peaking shortly after on hydromorphone. Very surprising since very few medications are able to take away the magic of opioids aka fuck it up.

My list of pills to avoid include:
- Baclofen (always threw up on it, always the day after though)
- Imovane (worse than Ambien, horrible aftertaste)
- Lyrica (disoriented, very unpleasant, loss of motor skills)
These I won't take even if you pay me!

- Chlorphenesin (useless effects, organ damage for no reason)
- Methocarbamol (OTC: Robaxin - useless other than the organ damage it causes)
These are simply useless! When I say useless I of course mean in combination with other stuff, as well as by themselves.

Last edited:
I've been using GABA for a medical condition for a couple of years. I've never used more than what is prescribed. If I take a bunch now will I still get the desired recreational effect?