• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Gabapentin; A Comprehensive Recreational Guide.

Something interesting I figured I'd add to this thread is my reduction of tolerance to gabapentin. After using gabapentin recreationally I gained a pretty good sized tolerance, I was taking up to 8 grams to feel a decent high. Well after using MXE for a few week period I noticed my gabapentin tolerance has dropped significantly. I used to take 8 grams at a time, well now 1200-1800mg is giving me the same high as it did with 8 grams. I'm curious if anyone else has had the same experience?

If done right the feeling from 4800 mg of gabapentin is comparable to .1g H mixed with 20mg amphetimine salt combo aka adderal ... BUT you must stagger dose !!!! It's necessary

What is MXE?

Predecessor, what do you mean by "done correctly?" I'd love more info

MXE is methoxymine, an RC in the same drug class as ketamine and PCP. With effects most similar in nature to ketamine.
Theres some information out there (mainly anecdotal I think) that says ketamine (or similar) can reset drug tolerences, in particular opiate tolerence but im guessing to poster was saying the same could be true of GABA tolerence.

MXE is methoxymine, an RC in the same drug class as ketamine and PCP. With effects most similar in nature to ketamine.
Theres some information out there (mainly anecdotal I think) that says ketamine (or similar) can reset drug tolerences, in particular opiate tolerence but im guessing to poster was saying the same could be true of GABA tolerence.
I'm sorry, but MXE stands for methoxetamine, not "methoxymine". See here: Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread. It's an arylcyclohexylamine that works on the NMDA & serotonin systems. There is some talk that it may "reset" tolerance levels for a variety of substances, but I couldn't possibly list them off the top of my head, you'd have to read through the subthreads on it. I personally haven't experienced any change in my tolerance levels to gabapentin after using MXE, but I don't use gabapentin often.

Recreational Guide (every 20 minutes)

00:00 - take 2 aleve (naproxen) / 300mg gaba / eat some protein (fish or beans) / drink carbonated soda
00:20 - take 300mg gaba / drink carbonated soda
00:40 - take 300mg gaba / drink corbonated soda / eat chili peppers
01:00 - take 300mg gaba / drink corbonated soda

repeat this until your desired dose.. for beginners shoot for 2,000 mg ... I on the other hand take about 5,000mg ***(YOU CAN NOT OD ON GABA) ***

this has given me the best results to date

i'm on about 1000mgs (first time) and i feel a little wonky.
drinking a lot of coca-cola to catalyze whatever this funny new feel is.
might re-dose in an hour, suggestions?

I love gabapentin, it works decent for anxiety and overall I feel it promotes comfortability and wellness. But...please don't snort gabapentin. Jesus fuck I'm prescribed 900mg 3x a day. IMO it isn't recreational at all I take it the same way I would a supplement. I feel it synergizes well with a beta blocker like propanolol and with a antihistamine like hydroxzine. This cocktail is a non addictive solution to benzos for longer term anti anxitety use. Overall not as effective in anxiolytic properties as benzos for short term and immediate satisfaction. Sorry if I'm scattered. Dabbed out.

Last edited:
I've just been prescribed gabapentin, for anxiety, as well as a butrans patch (slow release buperenorphine) for arthritis pain. It has been helping me generally. I really feel like it's helping my pain, at the 300mg dose, even without dosing again during the day. It gives me a fuzzy feeling all over, and I'm more relaxed than usual. It's also helping potentiate the bupe, which wasn't working so well at first. Although I've read for a lot of people, it negates part of the opiate high.

I tried lyrica a long time ago (like at 16/17), I only took one and I was completely out of control with my movements. I couldn't walk straight, and kept running into walls as well as having no euphoria; I felt like I was on a tilt-a-wirl. Never tried it again, because no high while being fucked up for 24 hours is not my idea of fun.

I just took 1200 and waiting to feel it. I have a huge bottle at my disposal so I reallllllyyyyyy hope it is as good as everyone says....but I sure hope I can function on it lol I gotta cook dinner! (o:

@lucybookit thats funny you mention the poor motor skills as when I was in treatment this girl was telling me how she took a huge dose of gabapentin and ran into a wall. Completely missed the door. She said she took like a handful tho. 300mg is a low dose, I was first prescribed 900mg twice a day then three times a day. I was prescribed this high dose right off the bat. @silly.girl - IMO gabapentin doesn't have much going for it in regards to recreational value. Its a good potentiater for opiates and has anxiyoltc properties.

I absolutely love the high from gabapentin, Usually I don't even notice it and think why the heck do I feel so good. Pure euphoria in the right setting

How much lyrica would one need to get high?

And is taking lyrica only to get high dangerous somehow? Does it cause withdrawal or does it also affect the memory?

I read a lot of bad stuff about lyrica that it messes up the memory. Sounded really bad.

Yesterday I tried spacing out gabapentin 300 mg doses every 20 minutes with Sprite taken every time and 2 Aleves (naproxen) at the beginning, up to 1800 mg. I felt mild euphoria. Why does one need to space the doses? It seems like downing it all at once would be stronger. It seems like gabapentin causes tolerance to develop really fast. Are there bad withdrawals when one discontinues this? What are they like? I have a script and will be experimenting with this one. Weed, kratom, and gabapentin make a real nice little high ime.

How much lyrica would one need to get high?

And is taking lyrica only to get high dangerous somehow? Does it cause withdrawal or does it also affect the memory?

I read a lot of bad stuff about lyrica that it messes up the memory. Sounded really bad.

Fucks your brain pictures up all day long, but I'm pretty sure its not permanent. Take 600mg with a couple aleve (naproxen) anything above that is el toxico (it wont kill you but it wont get you much higher either)

After going on subs via Doctor (finally)... And then not getting any support meds I finally found a friend who hooked me up with some Valium and a lot of 300 and 600mg gabapentins. I figure I'll take 300 or 450mg x3 a day to help with the shit until my subs stabilize. However, I of course needed to try getting a buzz, just once, before setting into this schedule. The other day while on a bus up to Boston (to visit the gf)... I took 900mg gabapentins (spaced 300 every 30 mins) with a 5mgvalium and actually felt great! I got off the bus and just walked around the city all day... Not high perse, but just definite mood lift, some clean energy, and a bit more talkative. Just because it wasn't a "smack you in the face" high like cleaning out several buns of dope or blow or whatever, doesn't mean it's not enjoyable and recreational. I'm trying to recover from addiction, and I really think that this (in lower and more responsible/stable) doses will really help stabilize my mind and maybe even reduce my cravings.

On a normal day for the first few weeks of detox I'll be taking 300mg x3 a day, along with 4mg sub and 5mgvalium. I have some methocarbamol as well for when needed. Sorry to go on a tangent, it's just all related to gabapentins to me!

Took 3200mg of gabapentin a day for awhile. 800mg 4 times a day. Didnt feel anything. I think its in the head that you feel anything. Kinda like the placebo experience