• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much of Morphine Sulfate SR 60 mg should I take, and how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont snort it. Please. Dont. Are you somewhat tolerant to opioids? If so, you can always crush it and mix with hot (near boiling) water until its dissolved. If you are new to opioids, then just take it as normal. There are a couple other threads in this same forum regarding the same thing you are asking. They were just asked today so you should be able to find them with ease.

Oral bioavailability beats insufflated, unless you use chitosan.

~30% oral, ~30% rectal (though pH dependent), insuffulated - 15-20%, Chitosan (a linear polysaccharide that helps absorb drugs better) has been shown to increase nasal bioavailability of morphine from around 10-20% to over 60% (from this thread)

IVing certainly would have the best bioavailability, but shooting pills is always risky (plus the standard IV risks). Not advised for a newbie. If you do, always use a micron filter.

I am not a fan of Morphine for analgesia or recreation (since I don't IV)... Basically it's shit unless you bang it (I am in no way telling you to do this).. or if you have zero opiate tolerance....

I am not a fan of Morphine for analgesia or recreation (since I don't IV)... Basically it's shit unless you bang it (I am in no way telling you to do this).. or if you have zero opiate tolerance....

I guess im in the minority since my body breaks down Morphine pretty well & with success. First time I took 50mgs orally (chewed it) & it was too much but I enjoyed th ehigh, heavy eye lids, jelly like legs & very warm & cozy high.

the Bio-availability of morphine is 10% snorted, 35% orally, 65% rectallly and 99% IV....

I have 30 mg morphine sulf, I'm out of my norcos which I took two at a time. How does this compare?

Last edited:
Not very well. MS will break down slowly and you wont really get much out of it. But, if you need to stave off w/d's then you will be ok.

Thank you for answering. About how many 30mg should I take? They're the purple ones... Nasal is a no go?

Just take it as is. Bioavailibility for oral and up the pooper are about the same so it kind of makes one not worth it and snorting wont work because of the wax substance in the ms contin pill. All that will happen is you will snort it, it will drip into your stomach and then you are back to the point where you should have just swallowed them. Best way to get the most of them is to heat 1.5-2 oz of water to boiling point after crushing up a pill real fine and drop the powder into the water and mix for 3-5 minutes or until its dissolved. Drink and follow it up with some juice or something. On an empty stomach is best.

First, Grats aveoturbo on becoming a blue-lighter :D

I have a question about Morphine though. I probably should have just made another thread, but didn't want to clutter up the forums/take up more bandwidth than necessary. Are all morphine pills of the ER variety? Also, if I take 8 tramadols/day would it be safe to take 60mg of morphine in a IR fashion? I've taken 30mg before, but I don't know if it was ER or IR. Another question...Would you have to use hot water on any pill with an ER formulation or is that just the Oxy OPs? One last question (lol, sorry) can you use chitosan for oral administration as well?

Thanks on the 'grats!

AFAIK all ms contins are ER form.
Use hot water for MS Contin to melt the time release mechanism built around the morphine. I dont know about other ER meds tho.
I used to take 3-4 100mg Nucyntas a day which are just jacked up tramadols and took 60mg of ms contin 2x a day and was fine so I imagine you would be ok but just go slow.
Thats about all I can answer.

I never snorted pills until I tried snorting the 100mg Morphine SR pills. I was taking them orally (25mgs) at a time chewed up & it was taking away my pain & getting me high & I would read that snorting wouldnt be as strong. Well I snorted 2 lines & it was great. For some reason, snorting Morphine is a better high than taking it orally for me. It doesnt last as long but the high is euphoric & definitely better, at least for me.

Personally, I snort morphine. Just crush it into a fine power, and I use a dollar bill and roll it into like a straw and snort it. You get a pretty damn good high from it. When I do it, I do a 30mg, and a 15mg.

Snorting is supposed to have a slightly lower bioavailability than oral (15-20% compared to 30% according to this thread) although it will hit you faster and might feel stronger initially..

Welcome to BL and BDD deviantbunny :) I'm going to close this thread as it is pretty old and the topic has been covered already - it's usually best to comment on current, active threads as traffic moves fast in BDD. Feel free to start your own thread if you have a question that fits with the guidelines in my sig, and shoot me a pm if you have any queries :)

Status
Not open for further replies.