PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM - No Effect

Vlampy

Greenlighter
Trying DXM for the first time tonight, here are by notes so far:
8:56 - Begin DXM: 8 tablets, 240 mg
9:28 - Approx 30 minute mark. Maybe slight hazy feeling. Could be psychosymatic.Gonna piss and smoke. More later.
9:37 - Still no effect.
9:41 - Feeling vaguely lightheaded and nauseous.
9:56 - One hour mark, no effect
10:17 - Still no effect, taking 4 more tablets, 120mg
10:37 - Time of BlueLight post, still no effect

Couldn't find Robo, taking some generic DXM HBr cherry flavored lozenges that dissolve on your tongue, 30mg/ea. I've taken 12, or 360mg.
No effects so far. Am I doing something wrong? I have a whole 'nother box, same thing. 360mg total, these are mint flavored. Would it help if I downed them?

No. So many times I've heard "Nothing was happening, so I doubled my dose; sure enough it worked, and it toally kicked my ass."

You might be hyper-metabolising the DXM, sure, but it's better not to risk doubling your dose at this stage. If you are hyper-metabolising it, I reckon you should just find another drug, it's not going to be worth it.

I say, be patient, give it another half hour. Sometimes the effects take a while to kick in, especially when you've had something to eat beforehand. Good luck!

Update:
11:12 - Still no effect, another 120mg down the hatch. Minty. Gonna smoke another cigarette.

I didn't see your post before posting again. I read extensively on DXM before beginning, and never heard anything about hyper-metabolising. I had a few chips and an energy drink before starting. I did hear that nicotine will potentate, so I'ma try smoking.

I would say it has something to do with the fact your takikg the dxm via lozenge. I know it sounds stupid dxm is dxm but if your not feeling it and dont feel it for the rest of the night then that is very strange. I have a feeling it will all of a sudden start kicking in and you will be on your ass. Many times i have taken dxm and had to wait hours...sometimes i would just take the dxm and take a 3 hour nap and have my alarm clock set so when i would wake up i would be tripping. What brand of coough drops have 30mgs dxm each in them anyway? Never heard of that.

Some Generic brand. Duract Max Strength Cough 8 hour. Taken 15 of the damn things. Coming up on the 3 hour mark.

It looks like you're outta luck. Sorry, mate. Give it another shot another time at a higher dose, but if that doesn't work, maybe you should look into something else. Swallowing a gram's worth of DXM for a mild trip just ain't worth it.

Thinking I'm gonna down these last 8, 240mgs, bringing me to a grand total of 720mgs. If I don't feel anything in an hour, I think I'm done with DXM for a long time. I weigh approx 61kgs, or 140 lbs. A dosage like this should get me to second plateau at least, most likely third plateau, but I've experienced absolutely nothing.

dxm is one hell of a drug...one of my favorites if not my fav., if you dont trip then next time be patient and wait until theres a good source of dxm to take...cough drops is prolly the worst way to go.

but belive me if that 720 mgs kicks in and its your first them then your in for one hell of a surprise...ur asking 3rd plateau easily

I think it may have kicked in a little. Gonna take notes, and I'll post my experience after the fact.

Well you've taken 720mgs but its been spread out over many hours. I'm not sure exactly how this works but lets say that your initial dose of 240mgs is as much of an effect as your going to get and the re-dosing has just extended the experience.

240mgs on a completely empty stomach should definitely produce noticeable results. With food maybe not. It could also be the fact that you used lozenges instead of liquid - I've only ever used the syrup. I would think that this would make some difference like maybe an extra hour for the lozenges to break down in your stomach but it should still work.

So next time use the syrup and have your full dose at once on an empty stomach and if you still get nothing from 300 or 400mg then it may be you.

I've achieved a drunk-but-aware like state, and not much else. Stomach rumbling. I think I'll try the liquid next time. Four hours and $14 is not worth it.

Try taking them all at once next time. 600-700mg.

Wait a few weeks, though, for best effect.

And what was your reasoning for using cough drops again? Why didnt you try robotussin maximum strength cough, robotussin cough gels.....or god forbid my favorite but notriously most dangerous Coricidin Cough and Cold. You take 720 mgs of dxm from any of those three sources of dxm then i PROMISE you you will be in for one hell of a trip. In my opinion dxm gets me way farther out then lsd

Well i guess the term "farther out" is kind of hard to define....but it deffinatly gets me to a weirder place then mushrooms or acid has ever gotten me, only thing that can compare is a nice k hole on ketamine....nothing like walking thru the subconcious INCEPTION style :)

I too had no effect from DXM when I consumed 1 gram orally washed down with grapefruit juice.

My head felt a little bit different but definatly no OEV or closed visuals or anything else remotely trippy tbh. My eyes were like saucers and I did feel reasonably good but was very dissapointed as from what ive read online thought it would be a million times better.

I had been a ketamine addict for approx. 2 years going through grams daily and basically a K-hole is non existent to me nowadays, I need at least a half gram line to feel some decent/strong effects and its good stuff because I have mates (who dont take k) and they do like 50mg lines and are absouloutely mangled.

If you're like me and have abused every illegal substance on this planet then dont even bother taking DXM as its a waste of money and makes you feel like a retard the next day.

PEACE, LOVE AND UNITY

You take under 300mg and wonder why shit don't happen???

I recently talked about this in a thread of my own... i had to take 360mg before i started to get a good kick out of it , you cant read the dosage/plateau's table and get scared to up the mg dose
really under 300 is fuck all and barley get's you to the deep end of plateau 1 if your anything like me , if youve done a trial run and nothing happen'd hit up 360+mg like i did on your 2nd attempt.

First attempt for me was 270mg
Second attempt for me was 360mg
My third attempt will be 450-500mg

You see where im going with this? , Also re-dosing does nothing but extended the trip not build on it so your initial dose is the one that count's.

After I got off last night I felt a kind of peaceful feeling, but I was unable to see straight. Took a shower and I sat in there for a good 2 hours cause the heat felt good. Occasionally, I would feel like my mind was wondering off and not letting me reel it back in, once every 10 min or so. After my shower I tried to go to sleep but was unable to, I experienced visuals (fractals, kinda) when I closed my eyes in complete darkness. Ended up laying there watching them for about 3-4 hours before finally falling asleep.
If I do end up trying DXM again, I'll try a higher initial dose instead of re-dosing. Maybe somewhere in the field of 360-400mg.

. If I do end up trying DXM again, I'll try a higher initial dose instead of re-dosing. Maybe somewhere in the field of 360-400mg.

After reading that last post i recommend you do a dose of 340-360mg and see how that goes , because when i did 270 on my first attempt i basiclly experienced nothing , where as you
have experienced at least something , so maybe don't mimic me if your not up to it , but judging from the sounds 340mg-360mg should be pretty good for you , dont jump to 400mg just yet bro.