• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dilaudid and xanax question

heatdb99

Greenlighter
So got some 1 mg xanax and a few 8mg dilaudids. Just wanted to know a safe but fun combination of the two. If not how much mg of xanax would it take to feel alright by whoever is reading this standards.

Without knowing anhthing about you (drug history/experience with each substance/pos health conditions etc...) we can't answer you very well-safely.

ok i have no health conditions i can take out 24 mg of dilaudid in one sitting and be fine with xanax im confused about because 2 to 3 mg i dont feel too much but if i take over 7 i just pass out or dont remember but its weird like im fine just fuzzes out my memory so im looking for a good amount to take of these to be prtty buzzed or atleast feeling good.. if thats not enough info just make a rought generalization please

How are you taking your dilaudid? By mouth? If so... Definitely the least efficient ROA. Are you snorting/plugging/IV'ing? 24 mg is an awful lot to take at once (for someone not dependent on opiates..Example'I could take 24 mg -insufflated (yes, a waste at this point)- not feel high at all-but someone who never/rarely dabbles would be stupid/silly (unsafe)in doing so.

Sounds like the xanax is what you're getting the enjoyment from. Don't waste the dillies-stick with a low dose (once I/we know your ROA we can throw out numbers) so take low X dose and maybe 2-3 mg xanax (orally, yes?). See how that goes.

i have a high opiate tolerance i quit iv from a past addiction i didnt take 24 yet.. i plugged one b.c its the next best thing besides iv even though its an uncomfortable method.. i like to nod here and there but i dont get that off one.. and thank you for the xanax i think it would be safe to say that 3mg would be a good starting low dose? more used to valium and ativan for benzos

Why don't you work your way up from 1mg of alprazolam along with your normal dose of hydromorphone? And BTW taking hydromorphone p.r. isn't really an efficient route of administration. Just google it and you'll see all studies place it around 33%, that's equal to p.o. ROA (if it's not even less). Not that I'm recommending getting back to shooting up the shit, I just want to point out that it has a higher intranasal bioavailability.

I see that it's a common mistake a lot of people who take some drugs that don't have a high oral BA think their drug are way better stuck up in their asses. Another example is morphine...

Want to see your bioavailability double/triple?

Snort it (which means, snort 8-12mg and see the difference)

but in any case, I would start at 1mg xanax with whatever dose you normally take... benzos potentiate opiates in sometimes unpredictable amounts
(I know alcohol can cause opiates to be at -50%-270% higher plasma levels than the appropriate dose should be at)

Definitely start low with the xanax, despite you usually being able to take 2-3mg comfortably - 1mg sounds sensible, or even 0.5mg to start with. You can always add more but you can't take away..

Hydromorphone bioavailability is definitely higher snorted than taken orally - approaching double, not quite triple though I'd say..

(Oral: 30–35%, Intranasal: 52–58% according to this)

I wouldn't throw alcohol into the mix if I were you (I know you're not suggesting it addyman but just wanted to make that point!)

Definitely start low with the xanax, despite you usually being able to take 2-3mg comfortably - 1mg sounds sensible, or even 0.5mg to start with. You can always add more but you can't take away..

Hydromorphone bioavailability is definitely higher snorted than taken orally - approaching double, not quite triple though I'd say..

(Oral: 30–35%, Intranasal: 52–58% according to this)

I wouldn't throw alcohol into the mix if I were you (I know you're not suggesting it addyman but just wanted to make that point!)

About me saying triple, I could swear I saw someone mention plugging... which can have a Bioavailability from around 10%-60%... highly variable...
I mean, if someone plugs with 20% bioavailability... the 52-58% Intranasal is 2.5 - approaching 3x

;D

Fair enough, I didn't know what the plugged bioavailability was :)

do you get a better high combining the D and benzo?

Better? Highly subjective. Benzodiazepines and opioids synergize with one another, though not everyone prefers to combine the two. Depends on the type of buzz you're looking for.

OP- start with 0.5mg or 1mg, with subsequent additional doses of 0.5mg if needed. Don't overdo it; you'll just pass out.

IME

snorting dilly < plugging it

but there are tons of threads about that.

---

this is not a safe combination; there is a risk of fatal respiratory depression. but plenty of users combine the two and love it. they know their dose. if you don't, i'd say don't do it. if you are going to do it anyway, i'd start really, really low.

Better? Highly subjective. Benzodiazepines and opioids synergize with one another, though not everyone prefers to combine the two. Depends on the type of buzz you're looking for.

OP- start with 0.5mg or 1mg, with subsequent additional doses of 0.5mg if needed. Don't overdo it; you'll just pass out.
I love mixing the two.

Infact i dont enjoy any Opiates unless im already under the influence of Benzos.

I have a high tolerance to both though and do realise that it can be a deadly mix, so be careful and have fun. :)