• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone and suboxone

Bovice92

Greenlighter
What happens if you take Suboxone a few hours taking 30mg of oxycodone i know you are supose to wait 24 hours are there going to be bad affects
I took 30mg of oxycodone around 6 PM and just took 2mg of subuxone at 10:45

The buprenorphine in the Suboxone will replace the oxycodone at your opioid receptors. If you have a physical dependence to opiates and you take Suboxone before the opiates wear off then you will be thrown into precipitated withdrawals. If you are not physically dependent, you won't get withdrawal symptoms, but you will stop feeling effects from the oxycodone.

2mg buprenorphine is quite a lot compared to 30mg oxycodone, and people with low opiate tolerances can get high from buprenorphine, so it is possible you will actually feel more from the Suboxone than from the oxycodone..

I am curious about why you took the suboxone so soon after taking the oxycodone if you had heard it was a bad thing to do?

i did not no you couldnt and i was withdrawling im addicted to oxycodone i do 30-100mg every day. i took 2mg for withdrawl not to get high.

Its not that you cant, u just wait untll ur sick and I'm talking 24 hrs, i threw my self into withdraws taking the sub to early (wont do that again) . looks like
u have a habit so if u didn't get sick, u don't take that much OC, or it was such a low dose of bupe, and it didn't touch ur habit. All ppl are difrent just look
it up its on every forum that has to to with suboxone.- larter

If you have a dependence then you would expect buprenorphine to put you into precipitated WDs - so as the above poster said, maybe the sub dose wasn't big enough. It is better to wait until you can feel the withdrawals come on before you take the suboxone in future, and it does sound like you will need a bigger dose. Are you on a programme or are you doing it yourself?

Suboxone megathread
- have a read..

Umm... I have a habit, MANY years, iv'ing most of that time, as well. That whole "suboxone will throw you into precipitated wd's" is very overhyped. Obviously, it can, but ONLY if the suboxone dose isn't sufficient enough to compensate for your habit.I won't pretend to be a pharmacist or chemist, but my understanding is that by taking a small dose of buprenorphine, it is potent enough to knock your DOC off of the receptors, yet not enough to fully compensate, thus bringing on some dt's. With a petty oxy habit, 2mg of bupe is stronger than the shit going up his nose, so no precipitated wd's to worry about. At worst, you may have a dark phase as your body transits, but again, bupe is just SO MUCH STRONGER than 30mg of overrated oxy that it is ultimately irrelevant.

^ I am pretty sure that info is incorrect lorner667.

No matter what, the original opiate that you take is going to be knocked off of the receptors. That is what causes the precipitated withdrawal.

Yeah there is a problem with confusing strength of opioid and receptor affinity of opioid I think.

The way I always assumed it worked (correct me if I'm wrong) is that buprenorphine has a higher receptor affinity, so will remove whatever opioid you are on, regardless of the strength of the opioid - be it codeine, oxycodone or fentanyl. However, in terms of number of buprenorphine molecules and receptors, a low dose might not contain enough buprenorphine to remove all the molecules of the other drug. So 2mg might not be enough to cause full blown precipitated WDs if someone has their receptors flooded with oxycodone.

I kinda made this up myself though, I could have got it wrong. Thinking about it, 30mg of oxycodone can't possibly be anywhere near to flooding all your receptors, as there would be no point taking any more if that's the case. And as there must be a lot of receptors unfilled, surely a lot of the buprenorphine molecules will just occupy an empty receptor rather than ripping off the oxycodone from one? Someone with better neuropharmacology knowledge better jump in now..

I know the general may be a good place to ask, but this thread seems fitting. Why is it that 2mg is a sufficient dose for a decent habit, but most people are put on a dose around 8-16mg for a dope habit? Are our tolerance differences really that much? I am just confused as I've heard people without a tolerance can OD on subs, but I know people who can eat 2 8mg strips in a day detoxing and not feel a thing.

Is 2mg enough for a decent oxy habit? I would not have thought so..

Buprenorphine is a strange opioid due to it only being a partial opioid agonist. People respond differently to it. It has a ceiling dose, and respiratory depression is less likely than with a full agonist, but it is possible to OD on it yes (and it's particularly dangerous as naloxone won't work)

Buprenorphine is a strange opioid due to it only being a partial opioid agonist. People respond differently to it. It has a ceiling dose, and respiratory depression is less likely than with a full agonist, but it is possible to OD on it yes (and it's particularly dangerous as naloxone won't work)

It should be. I normally start with 8, drop to 4 then do 2 and even some 1mg doses if I run out of my meds early. Even 2 mg has helped me with a wicked Oxymorphone habit so an Oxycodone habit 2mg should be fine unless it's astronomical...

Yea it's very dangerous if you OD on it, cause there's not much they can do for you... it freaks me out. But, Subs have always made me hyper.. but everyone is different.

No matter what, the original opiate that you take is going to be knocked off of the receptors. That is what causes the precipitated withdrawal.

Yea, he's wrong... I wait 12 hours before I will dose sub after snorting opana or roxi. Normally I'll dose when I wake up in the morning... my friend did a bunch of opana and dosed sub and the precipitated WDs were a goddamn nightmare... PLEASE for the love of god people wait to dose sub until you feel first stage WD atleast. I do find if I get to far into WD I have to dose more than I normally would.. it's weird.

You can dose sub and then try to take a full agonist after... but I wouldn't reverse it.

A "decent oxy" habit? perhaps, perhaps not. Bupe is 40 times more potent than morphine, 20x or so than methadone which is more potent than oxy.But he was talking about 30mg.That is NOT a decent oxy habit, and I assure you, 30mg can't touch me, but snorting 2mg would.Also remember I inject, injected <1mg is more potent than 30mg, I forgot sublingual is like 1/3 the strength sometimes, but whatever,

If I am wrong, everyone I know must be freaks of nature. I have seen literally a dozen people dose suboxone within a few hours, NEVER precipitated wd, the closest was my mom sometime a few years back, took some bupe after injecting an oxycontin. She had a high tolerance at the time; I don't remember the exact dosages, but i think it was an 80mg, which helped her out, but nothing special.She knew it would wear off quick, so an hour later her friend brought some suboxone.She took some sublingual(she didn't believe you could inject them at this time) and said she got nausated and her head hurt. I told her to snort a line, a few minutes later it passed, and with just a few mg's of bupe she felt much, MUCH better than she had injecting the oxy.
Anyone else with a *real* dope habit I've given suboxone to takes it long before the drug's half life expires, but well after the peak effects, and nothing happens except the bupe kick in.
I don't care what anyone believes.People BELIEVED you couldn't inject suboxone becuase of naloxe, which was bullshit. Precip. wd's aren't bullshit, but you don't need to be puking your guts up shivering to dose suboxone. tell me how many times you have seen someone in precip' wd's, and how many dose a few hours after oxy, and we're fine...

(Remember, I am talking about a sufficient dose of oxy(whixh isn't hard, considering the potency), and NOT taking it while your high, that would be pointless.Just taking it BEFORE dt's kick in.)

(Buprenorphine is a strange opioid due to it only being a partial opioid agonist. People respond differently to it. It has a ceiling dose, and respiratory depression is less likely than with a full agonist, but it is possible to OD on it yes (and it's particularly dangerous as naloxone won't work)

Yes, everyone responds differently to every drug, but especially suboxone.It's a weird drug... I think it's a miracle drug, as it's stabilized me after nearly a decade of use, but some people hate it, while others acknoledge it's a godsend, but don't like it bcuz they can't get high on it. WHich is another iddity.Some people get no pleasure from subs, whereas I choose subs or methadone over anything else, any day(cept the obvious.

Last edited:
Just like to add that waiting 12 hours to take bupe after snorting oxy, which has a half-life of 4-6 hours(or something in that range) and probably shorter snorted. Granted, I will dare not call YOU, the poster ridiculous, as I don't know your tolerance, but waiting 12 hours after snorting 30-60mg, that is beyond overkill. 4 or 5 hours is sufficent, so long as your tolerance isn't sky high!!!

Yea, he's wrong... I wait 12 hours before I will dose sub after snorting opana or roxi. Normally I'll dose when I wake up in the morning... my friend did a bunch of opana and dosed sub and the precipitated WDs were a goddamn nightmare... PLEASE for the love of god people wait to dose sub until you feel first stage WD atleast. I do find if I get to far into WD I have to dose more than I normally would.. it's weird.

You can dose sub and then try to take a full agonist after... but I wouldn't reverse it.

So you'd dose Suboxone 4 hours after snorting 3-4 opana 30mg ER's? That's bold. I really don't bother trying to get high on Oxy anymore.. it's pointless since I mainly use Oxymorphone.

Just like to add that waiting 12 hours to take bupe after snorting oxy, which has a half-life of 4-6 hours(or something in that range) and probably shorter snorted. Granted, I will dare not call YOU, the poster ridiculous, as I don't know your tolerance, but waiting 12 hours after snorting 30-60mg, that is beyond overkill. 4 or 5 hours is sufficent, so long as your tolerance isn't sky high!!!

So you'd dose Suboxone 4 hours after snorting 3-4 opana 30mg ER's? That's bold. I really don't bother trying to get high on Oxy anymore.. it's pointless since I mainly use Oxymorphone.

LOL. I admit, I don't have much experience with oxymorphone, figured it was just a pumped up version of oxy, and I don't like oxy much anyway.
But Read carefully what I said: "Granted, I will dare not call YOU, the poster ridiculous, as I don't know your tolerance,but waiting 12 hours after snorting 30-60mg, that is beyond overkill."
I am talking about dosing suboxone after iv'ing 30-60mg of oxy.(I don't see the point of snorting oxy, becuase swallowing it it lasts much longer, and injecting is similar to snorting, but twice as strong). 60mg IV oxy helps me, certaintly, but it's not like it get's me balls high anymore, and wears off in a couple of hours. So yes, 3-4 hours after injecting, I will happily inject ~1mg~ of subby. But as they say, your mileage will vary :)

(you got me remembering there is a quote button on this forum!!!)

I don't IV... if I did I wouldn't wait as long because it's out of your system faster that way. Nobody wants to sit and wait while feeling like shit.. but nobody wants PD either ya know?

Oxymorphone is amazing... Way better than Oxy. I like it more than I like heroin.

LOL. I admit, I don't have much experience with oxymorphone, figured it was just a pumped up version of oxy, and I don't like oxy much anyway.
But Read carefully what I said: "Granted, I will dare not call YOU, the poster ridiculous, as I don't know your tolerance,but waiting 12 hours after snorting 30-60mg, that is beyond overkill."
I am talking about dosing suboxone after iv'ing 30-60mg of oxy.(I don't see the point of snorting oxy, becuase swallowing it it lasts much longer, and injecting is similar to snorting, but twice as strong). 60mg IV oxy helps me, certaintly, but it's not like it get's me balls high anymore, and wears off in a couple of hours. So yes, 3-4 hours after injecting, I will happily inject ~1mg~ of subby. But as they say, your mileage will vary :)

(you got me remembering there is a quote button on this forum!!!)

Really? Better than Heroin? Well I've swallowed Opana, it SUCKED, and I snorted it, but admittingly it wasn't a large dose. Even so, it was good, but the moderate dose(I can't remember how much) was similiar to oxy, less itchy though. I was already dabbling in IV at this point.Yeah, IV is a double edge sword; It is the best way to do most opies, yet once you start, well... You don't really go back. I am intrigued though. I recently met someone who gets a script of Opana's,not sure if they are ER or not, but I think I'm gonna IV some, though I gotta wait for the damn bupe to get outta my system, cuz that does take a long time!!! But do you snort the ER's? I thought you couldn't break the time release? It may sound bad but I don't want them if I can't shoot them... I don't like snorting, and fuck 10% oral bioavailability!

Don't IV the ER's... However snorting large doses is choice!

Really? Better than Heroin? Well I've swallowed Opana, it SUCKED, and I snorted it, but admittingly it wasn't a large dose. Even so, it was good, but the moderate dose(I can't remember how much) was similiar to oxy, less itchy though. I was already dabbling in IV at this point.Yeah, IV is a double edge sword; It is the best way to do most opies, yet once you start, well... You don't really go back. I am intrigued though. I recently met someone who gets a script of Opana's,not sure if they are ER or not, but I think I'm gonna IV some, though I gotta wait for the damn bupe to get outta my system, cuz that does take a long time!!! But do you snort the ER's? I thought you couldn't break the time release? It may sound bad but I don't want them if I can't shoot them... I don't like snorting, and fuck 10% oral bioavailability!

Ya know... Everybody is different I'll give ya that.. BUT

I really don't think that you'll take sub After iv'ing 60 mg of oxycodone..You would get sick as shit from that.. and vice versa even if'n ya's did then it would be pointless because if it's too low to give you PW then it's too low to help your symptoms from being sick anyways.... Shun