• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Will Naltrexone Knock Suboxone Off Opiate Receptors?

opi8

Bluelighter
I'm 4 days off heroin, dosed approx 16mg suboxone 14 hours after my last dose, which barely held me so I took another 4mg a few hours later which helped slightly. I then took 6mg bupe the next morning after waking up with intense stomach cramps, and 6mg yesterday morning. It's been over 24 hours since my last dose of bupe and the withdrawal symptoms are minor now, I don't want to take any more bupe if I can help it.

I have read that bupe has a higher binding affinity than naltrexone, so I'm thinking it would be a waste of time taking the naltrexone to try and speed up the detox, but I thought I'd ask here anyway.

Is there any benefit at all in taking naltrexone, will it speed up the withdrawal or do nothing at all?

i THINK it just throws whatever opiate off of ur receptors, it's an antagonist, it's used to prevent overdoses and reverses the effect, dont think it speeds up withdrawl

Yes it will. It will knock any commercially available opiate (except high dose fentanyl I think...) off of the receptors. So, yes you will be in full unadulterated withdrawal.

Make up you mind very well if you decide to take this. You will not have the option of taking anything to quell the pain of WD till it wears off.

No I dont think it will not knock the bupe off the receptors. But really I wouldnt try it when people do those rapid naltrexone detoxs they are put under general anastesia you do not wanna be awake when that shit kicks in.

Naltrexone won't knock buprenorphone off your receptors. Buprenorphine has a higher affinity for mu receptors than naltrexone or naloxone (making the naloxone in suboxone completely redundant..)

Fentanyl might be a stronger opioid than buprenorphine, but it doesn't have a higher receptor affinity - they are two different things.

I've done an at home naltrexone detox before, it wasn't pleasant but instead of weeks of feeling shit, it was over in a couple of days. I don't really want to put myself through that again, but the urge to score is fucking killing me at the moment.

It's not that it's not that potent, we're talking receptor affinity here which is a different matter - naltrexone does have a high receptor affinity, and will knock most opioids off the opioid receptors/act as a blockade (which is how naltrexone implants stop opioids from working) but it doesn't do that for buprenorphine as that has an even higher affinity.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense, its 6am here and I'm shattered..

oxycodone 8.69 nM
buprenorphine 4.18 nM
naltrexone 0.0825 nM

Naloxone is weaker than bupe but I don't have a figure for that vs Damgo in rat forebrain.

In laymans terms naltrexone is going to stop use of almost every opiate.