Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Smackie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant they're, not you're in my previous post, I'm such a scatterbrain.

I don't know for sure, I never found out officially but I'm pretty sure I had the placebo, it was one of the worst meth withdrawals I ever had!

It is completely unlike having 10,000 orgasms at once, or any of that other bullshit drug propoganda - in my experience, at least.

I also think the addictive properties are way overstated. All this 'try it once and you'll think about it every day for the next 20 years' gives heroin a power it just doesn't deserve, I don't think. It's addictive, but depending on your personal preference, probably no more than many other drugs.

Your thoughts?

I think I agree on both counts. So unlike anything from the movies, or what it's hyped to be.

The bit about trying it once and you'll think about it for 20 years is rubbish, but I definitely think it's one of the most addictive drugs. You have to learn to love heroin IME, it takes multiple times to really appreciate it. Lots of times people will start out using it on the weekend as something to do, start to grow a certain fondness for it, start looking forward to that weekend dose more and more, pretty soon the idea of missing a weekend is not something you want to do...at this stage you aren't really addicted I suppose, but definitely on the way. Might start doing it on friday and saturday night, but you're still holding down a job and there's no obvious negative effects, this stage can last for months or maybe even years.

Then the person might have something go bad in their life like a close family member dying, or even something like losing their job. This is when I've noticed people start using during the week, and once they start using on a tuesday, they'll start using on a thursday as well.

Obviously doesn't apply to everyone but that's the pattern I've seen often.

It's not like you try it once and then go out the next day for a deal and suddenly become a daily heroin addict. It creeps up on you, and maybe because of the overstated addictive properties people start thinking it isn't so bad and it won't happen to them. Depends on the person obviously, and the kind of situation they're in. If you've got good coping mechanisms for emotional pain and stress, have strong willpower and are at a place in life you're happy with, there's no reason why it can't be a occasional drug...lots of people aren't very self-aware though and it'd be hard to judge the risk of addiction.

Heroin just seems like a drug for people who hate life. I've only ever tried it twice and both times I was totally zombified. All it did was make me feel like I was in a semi-concious comatose state, immobile and inactive.

At the time it didn't appeal to me because I was an energy-junkie going to raves every weekend taking substances that stimulated me so I could socialize and dance my ass off and heroin felt like the total opposite. With party drugs I felt like I was celebrating life but with heroin it felt like I was grieving it.

Although now with my depressed state of mind and intense hatred of life I can see the appeal of just using it to tune out from this horrible existence, however now with my health problems I couldn't even take heroin even if I wanted to.

I think any drug can be used to avoid life.

Heroin is a much more 'introverted' drug but I don't think that necessarily corresponds to something negative. Though opiate use does often turn into something negative. It's not a 'party' drug but you can have a really good times on it with close friends or your partner.

Heroin also always makes me want to do housework. Does that happen to anyone else?!

^ I think I can honestly say I have never lifted a finger to do housework while on heroin.

Drug_MentorIt is hard for me to fathom a society where heroin is accepted or chique, my whole drug using career the overwhelming majority of people I have known to use drugs have considered heroin to be a dirty antisocial drug that is only used by scum.

NYC had a "heroin chique scene that spilled out onto the hollywood crowd. While I was using heroin through the laste 90s, meth was accepted more (aganin were talking dope scenes) but in my neighborhood the junkies were the lowest of the low even though our view point was the tewakers would steal their grandmans wedding ring, ect, ect...This nation wide heroin acceptability or epidemic occured because higher purity heroin was to be found on the Northern Seabord, esepacially Baltimore, Philly, and the cities of jersey that have competition and huge open airs, and Chicago, that has become the epicenter of all the main types of dope. A docu i saw showed that competition was so strong that morning "passouts" of free drugs by sydicates were a marketing technique so that all day long dopefiends new who had the best dope.

It was after oxy was thought of as being inoccuos that people turned to heroin, or played a big role. What ever the reason, the lines at methadone clinics were innudated with young people after about 2003-2004. Many of these conversely see the tweaker as the one you got to keep an eye on at all times- willing to sell their mother and grandmother for a fix- all BS. But Coke, by contrast has been chique the last 12 years after a small bad wrap (especially after 2006) and E- there has been a healthy scene in California for the last 5-10 years from what I hear, they never went through the pipz or mephedrone scene that Europe went through during their drought, maybe b/c there are sassafras trees in the south and brazil- kinda an Enigma to me. There was a huge LSD drought mid 2000s but that seems to have rebounded based on BL reports and people I,ve talked to. K (once easily purchased in mexico), GHB, and a few others are a different story. I'll try to dig that report up. its somewhere in the BL dustbins.

Always a pleasure.

Anyway, i got to Pop in more to DiTM- that really is a good thread, like you said, really good discussion.

Wasn't the whole heroin chic look a 'thing' in the fashion scene back in the 90's?

Then there's the whole grunge scene in the early 90's, and before that a lot of the 80's metal bands were heroin fans as well. It only makes sense that this would make it seem glamorous to the young and impressionable.

And of course now, as you said, pharms have taken off in a big way, which bridges the gap to the smack.

In the end, I think it all just boils down to culture and context, depending on where you are in the world and which period of time you're referring to, different drugs fall in and out of favor. It wouldn't surprise me if 10 or 15 years from now ice was seen as the dirty junky drug here and another chemical had come to the forefront (I can imagine coke taking off if it was available in decent quantity at a less extortionate price).

So we have a methamphetamine thread, how about one for heroin. I'm sure I'm not the only one around here who likes a smacked bum ;)

What does everyone think of heroin? It definitely seems to have more stigma than any other drug, amongst most circles. And so much mystique! Mostly undeserved, imo. Heroin is a lovely drug but it's a subtle high that someone used to their party drugs often does not appreciate. It is completely unlike having 10,000 orgasms at once, or any of that other bullshit drug propoganda - in my experience, at least.

I also think the addictive properties are way overstated. All this 'try it once and you'll think about it every day for the next 20 years' gives heroin a power it just doesn't deserve, I don't think. It's addictive, but depending on your personal preference, probably no more than many other drugs.

When I first tried heroin I built it up to be this huge thing, as it is so often presented even by other drug users, - that this is the drug of all drugs! I'll have reached the pinnacle! Once I try this, I'll never be the same! What a let down. Heroin's just another opie, just another drug.

Your thoughts?

You havent tried enough good quality H. Unfortunately you need to smoke a lot of H really fast (or inject) to get that feeling that justifies its status as being THE drug. This obviously puts you in great danger of OD and death. In small or average amounts H is just like al the other opiates, but if smoked in a large amount and if you can avoid an OD, it is the best feeling in the world. ANd i do think of it everyday despite not taking ti anymore. All the other opies are fun, but are nothing in comparison -they just dont have the rush. And all this BS about Hydromorphone IV being close to H.....dont believe it.

Altered Perception, maybe you took too much.

Even before I was physically dependant, heroin (and opiates in general) have always stimulated me to get work done, whether that's housework, yard work, paid work, whatever.

We have kind of a weird view towards ice/meth in this country that seem to vary a great deal between non drug users and drug users, I would say that non drug users in general view ice as pretty much as bad as heroin and definately see the ice addict as the one to fear most if you cross paths due to the Government propaganda emphasising the possibility of the drug causing psychosis. If a non drug user was to consider heroin as slightly worse it would probably only be due to a greater association with being injected.

Amongst drug users though the view seems to be pretty different, almost all will recognise ice as a highly addictive but at the same time there is an element of social acceptability even towards drug addiction where people will take the view that meth is social and productive while heroin is anti social and just makes people nod out like spastics all day. The perception obviously isn't based in reality but in my experience this tends to be the attitude drug users in my age group and area have. Even the few of my closer friends who I have explained smack isn't how they percieve it, and that I can have dope sit in my drawer for a few days untouched but can't do this with shards have absolutely no interest in trying it and look down upon most who use it.

Strangely enough cut methamphetamine known as 'speed' or 'whizz' carries little stigma amongst drug users and even among non users is probably often seen as a relatively soft drug only a bit above stuff like cannabis and pills. A good deal of the people I know nowadays whom I would describe as ice heads would refuse to touch ice despite using a shitload of 'smokable whizz' until the last year or so cottoning on that ice was a lot better, it is only really then that ice really lost a lot of its stigma among drug users.

I would not say Harm Reduction connected to smack is in decline, there is a Safe Injection room in Kings Cross Sydney that has operated for a good number of years. Recently there was talk of opening one in Richmond, Victoria (just South of Melbourne) and if I recall correctly the council actually approved it before it got vetoed by the State Government. Recently there was a discussion in Queensland about whether there was a need for a safe injection room which I know Belarki and Mr Blonde both attended, although I am not sure if any steps have been taken towards setting one up since that discussion. There are a large number of NSP's and while many probably fall short of all the equipment needed to IV pills safely they are more than adequate for getting all you need to shoot heroin safely, even most pharmacies will carry fit packs and sell them without prescription.

As I understand it its also fairly easy to get onto methadone or buprenorphine as long as you live in a relatively metropolitan area, I would probably say that in terms of relevant harm reduction resources available to them that heroin users are probably the luckiest in Australia.

I live in the USA and both crystal meth of high purity and low price and #4 powder heroin from Colombia at high puirty levels and low prices are avialalbe here in even the smallest rural town, at least in the middle part of the US and the east coast, although the NJ,New York area, look down on meth users...lol..Anyway, heroin is seen as less harmful by many people knowdays, meth tend to rot a persons teethe out if they have poor hygine and diet, and heroin here is pure enough to snort a small line, and get very high..no need to ever inject heroin here unless you just want to , unless you live on the west coast of the US where Mexican produced tar heroin is used either by smoking or IV injection, and tar is a dirty form of dope, it is sometimes as high as 75-80% pure at kilogram levels but the other 20-25% of tar is often non water soluble trash or water soluble when cooked up and then resolidifies in the veins,,it's a dirty drug, ar is,,but in the Midwest,Central US, Southern US and especially the Northeastern US powder heroin is king! avg. purity for a bag of street #4 powder dope in New Jersey,and New York city is 70-75% with some bags tested by cops that were 98%, retail level at that! but the avg. bag is 70-75%+ in NJ,NYC, and grams of "raw" which is powder pressed into rock or chunks of heroin sell for a little more versus buying a gram of 10 bags ,the rocks or "raw" avg. 80-90% pure, and even in cities west of the Mississippi River like Kansas City, etc..get Colmbian #4 heroin, and it costs more than in NJ.NYC but it is avg.. 60%+ for powder even in rural areas in the US, although the prices are often twice that of a bag in New york city..so I know people that have been heroin addicts for over 10 years who have never injected it once, they snorted itthe whole time, or smoked it, which is a waste with #4 heroin, unless it is mixed with some other things like caffine,and so on, to make it vaporize at a lower temp like #3 heroin base does,thats why #3 heroin base makes for smoking the best, it's vaporizing temp. is lower than the vaporizing temp of #4 which burns off and is mostly wadted when smoked becasue #4 powder vaporizes at a higher temp than #3 base heroin, the #4 burns at a lower temp than it vaporizes, amking smoking a waste unless one prepares it a speacial way.

Im an opiate lova. Oxys to be exact...I think about them everyday..Everytime im in a chemist i think "How many boxes are just 10 feet away!" About 5 mths ago when i was starting on Methadone and my dose was like 20mg ( i leveled out at 120mg!) i used to have a fantasy about putting on a habib and doing a pharmacy over! I have never stolen or commited a crime for drugs but i fantasised about it. I almost fucked a bloke for a box once too...I was very sick then.. In the end before i got help i was using a box of 80mg x 28 tabs in about 15 hrs..All by my little 5 foot 45kg self...I have a massive tollerance...I have only used smack 4 or 5 times and it was because i couldnt get a script..I feel safer with oxys than smack off the street. I will have this addiction the resta my life, im resigned to it. Ive had a box of 80mgs for 2 weeks and not had any!..BUT they are going real soon! I have had around 300 boxes perscribed to me in 2 years and have never swallowed 1 pill!! NOT 1!!! Disgusting i know.Oh well. Through it all ive been a functioning junky..Working nightshift in my own business for 8 years..Id rather work that try and sleep when im withdrawing...Thats my 2 cents....Cheers

Im an opiate lova. Oxys to be exact...I think about them everyday..Everytime im in a chemist i think "How many boxes are just 10 feet away!" About 5 mths ago when i was starting on Methadone and my dose was like 20mg ( i leveled out at 120mg!) i used to have a fantasy about putting on a habib and doing a pharmacy over! I have never stolen or commited a crime for drugs but i fantasised about it.

I always think about that too, or how easy it'd be if you just wore something similar to the chemists uniform and walked in confidently.

Anyway, an ex friend of mine used to go get his dose daily too, but they used to dose people behind the counter, where all the meds are stacked up. It was pretty stupid of them, great for this guy I guess though...whenever the chemist was looking the other way he'd grab something good.

I always think about that too, or how easy it'd be if you just wore something similar to the chemists uniform and walked in confidently.

I always used to wish I had a magnet that would attract all the tiny crumbs of various opiates from miles round. No one is ever going to miss the crumbs and you'd end up with a fair bit.

Heroin is beautiful and seductive. I am on sub now a days, but for the life of me I can't understand why junkies are regarded in Aus as degenerate scum- or is my impression incorrect, and tweakers are almost thought to be fashionable. MDMA is ok but crystal meth is more dangerous from a health standpoint especially when you are talking smoking heroin as opposed to smoking crystal meth- heroin is even healthier than alcohol from a health standpoint, but it sure is seductive. Is harm reduction connected to smack in decline- there are safe injection rooms, correct?

Its much easier to be a functional junkie than tweaker, or alcoholic- once you have a habit.

Do you really think Government/Law Enforcement have a grasp on drugs in society at all? What do you expect from fear mongering propagandists....

Haven't tried it. Would probably smoke it if given the opportunity, not gonna go around chasing it though. Plus all my mates would think its next level junkie shit.

Cant wait to have a tickle with some morphine but im on 8mg suboxone, im thinking that maybe if I have 2-3 days off the sub I might be able to break through. Even though I dont think about it as much anymore and I never really use I still think about it constantly if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Hey the_ketaman, I was on soboxone 16 mg and i used plenthy. All I had to do was wait untill i was in a bit of withdrawal and i could use morphine..12 to 24 hrs ofter last dose should be ok. Its when you next dose with soboxone that can be the problem. You dont want to hace presipretated withdrawal...Im a terrible speller. Well thats what i personally found...

I should point out, If you take oxy with too much soboxone in your system, it will greatly reduce the effect . To nothing sometimes!...BUT if you take SOBOXONE with too much oxy in your system you will go into a sort of awaking hell.Well i did....ok? I hope im clear...Cheers..

Status
Not open for further replies.