• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Ecstacy Vs Adderall

4chloro

Greenlighter
Low dosages of Amphetamines such as dextroamphetamine are well tolerated taken daily to assist with ADHD and focus etc.

Could low daily dosages of MDMA (15-40mg) be utilized to help with learning, focus, and to feel good etc. ?

It has been shown to increase associative and nonassociative learning in low dosages. I've also seen it referenced that MDMA actually upregulated serotonin nerves in low dosages.

I wouldn't advise trying it until some extremely detailed testing shows it to be ok

I am just looking for a discussion related to the topic. Obviously there isn't research behind this kind of use, nor will there be any time soon. Even methamphetamine is prescribed for daily use. Toxicity by its very nature is dosage.

nah, over time just like adderall (dopamine deficiency syndrome) you will form serotonin syndrome. this is what SSRI's are for. they dispurse little bouts of serotonin which is what mdma does in high doses. taking it at a low dose would more than likely have no effect and just make you feel shitty by the 2nd day

methamphetamine is only prescribed in extreme cases, most physicians will not prescribe someone with ADHD disoxyn

right now the FDA approved studies of MDMA in the treatment of PTSD, but it is in therapeutic doses (100mg~)

I've tried this before, it doesn't work.

Really just makes you feel like shit.

At what dosage?

The theoretical point wouldn't be to use a dose that you really "felt", but rather to benefit from more subtle cognitive effects.

Around 30-40mg. Made me feel stressed and miserable, like I was coming down even though I never even went up to begin with.

Exactly.

MDMA is by nature designed to be used in a very spaced out manner. It's not just the release of serotonin that causes the need for a break, it's the antagonizing of your 5-HT system. It's not as simple as just needing to replenish chemicals appropriately, it's about allowing an entire system that operated to regulate this vital chemical to have a rest and function normally after doing some very, very hard work. It's sort of like wondering why a car with a damaged engine isn't running, because you know there is still gas in it- it's the entire system that regulates that "gas" (serotonin) that also needs time off.

Thank you. I was concerned it was an odd analogy, actually- steal away. :)

This was the clarification I was looking for. I was having a difficult time finding specific information on MDMA pharmacology, despite having several psychopharmacology books, and the interwebs.

im a firm believer that adderall/d-amphetamine has alot of similiarities that MDMA has. to me it's like a mild/subtle roll...in the honeymoon stages that is

im a firm believer that adderall/d-amphetamine has alot of similiarities that MDMA has. to me it's like a mild/subtle roll...in the honeymoon stages that is

MDMA is much less speedy that d-amp IMO.....and to the OP: MDMA releases serotonin, which takes weeks to replenish, whereas most add meds primarily either release dopamine or inhibit its reuptake, and dopamine is replinshed much, much quicker, as in days, not weeks or even months as is the case with serotonin. That is why it is not really a great idea to use it daily vs. dopamine agents.

lol wishful thinking here to the OP right?

"hey doc, I have adhd"

"have some fucking Ecstasy"

Although I would say that judicial usage, can CERTAINLY be beneficial, however not necessarily to alleviate ADHD symptoms.

ADHD is primarily due to problems with dopamine and norepinephrine, and while MDMA does increase levels of those two neurotransmitters, its added affinity for serotonin will do no real good and just adds extra neurotoxicity potential. People with ADHD tend to not like extra serotonin anyway, as dopamine and serotonin are like ying and yang--when one goes up, another usually goes down. That's why ADHD'ers prescribed SSRIs (without real ADHD meds) tend to have their ADHD symptoms exacerbated.