European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Mountains

StoneHappyMonday

Bluelighter
Go well with or without drugs. Though I always seem to choose option a).

Views from Snowdon.

DSC03249.jpg

DSC03270.jpg

DSC03253-1.jpg

More pics/I fell off a mountain stories welcome...

i got airlifted off a mountain. from the view on the way down it looked very jagged and generally pretty mean, like the sort of thing that could really fuck you up. my perception might have been affected by the fact it had just fucked me up, and i'd been lying in the snow for an hour, and was fucked in the head to start off with.

i thought this rock face was a metaphor for my relationship with my boss. she got me up here, calmed me when i was visibly shaking- very scared of adding to the injury alluded to above as that will give me lifelong problems anyway-i don't think many people could get me to push myself like that but she did, most people wouldn't even get me to attempt it.

059bm.jpg

and here is a cool tree:

043xo.jpg

Wow, I was joking about the falling off stories. Well survived. Where was that? And is the tree from the same place?

i fell at deux alpes, snowboarding. i still maintain this is the best way to injure oneself gravely, though really shouldn't have gone boarding that day as i'd blacked out in the morning. also i highly recommend snow sports close to grenoble as michallon hospital is the best bone hospital in europe, as its the closest to 200 ski resorts. nhs consultants have told me outright i would not have the use of my arm that i do if it wasn't for the awesomeness of my surgeon. am seriously considering moving back there as it needs another operation.

the tree is up in the spanish pyrenees, as is the rock face, a most beautiful part of the world. though i think the rockies are slightly more impressive, very majestic.

Walkers%20on%20Striding%20Edge%20-%20Helvellyn.jpg

Random pic of Helvellyn striding edge, that one gets a few people killed a year at least. Great to climb though.
I'd done six or seven of the highest peaks in the Lake District.

(My image function doesn't work! Keeps saying invalid URL!)

the image button doesn't work btw, you need to type the tags manually. fixed:

[QUOTE="Acid4Blood, post: 9928980, member: 25146"]wow. impressive pics!

this is me looking down at where I live from MY mountain. not as impressive! (but its MINE!)......

[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6384/meonmountain.jpg

& from my village....

1zg6zy8.jpg

i love my mountain.
going to walk 2 mountains on sunday. :)
[/QUOTE]

that is very impressive, owning a whole mountain!

here is the mountain range we see across the water from the front of our house - if you could see through the mist and if it was closer (and if it was daylight ;)).

nottelling.jpg

i love the west coast of scotland, there's much more to see than on the east. but after being dragged up mountains as kids by my dad, i still prefer looking at them to climbing them. :)

felix said:
that is very impressive, owning a whole mountain!

lol. No one person can "own" a mountain! (at least I don't think so anyway!) =D
What I mean is that it's our moutain.... the people that live in the village.
Not many locals 'use' the mountain tho or even think to walk up it.
I spend alot of time on it & know it like the back of my hand so I like to call it my mountain. :)
Oh, & it's soon to be covered in libs! %)

You lucky person you! I'd love to live next to a mountain like that! Instead it's all houses and flats around where i live, gonna have to sell my houses and move to the country!

Ah the natural high of being fit and healthy and climbing mountains can equal that of any drug IME. A year or so ago i was well into such things but of late i'm barely leaving the house and am spending most weekends/holidays under the influence of something or other. Pretty daft really, i should have the discipline to leave the stuff alone occasionally and do something more constructive and healthy instead, but am struggling with that ATM.

I love snowboarding, and snow and mountains so god damn much. Soooo gutted I'm not gonna be able to make it out this season.

The feel of ice cold air filling your lungs is amazing.

NSFW:
rd9hm.jpg

Where's dat Felix? (Answer by PM if you wish)?

This is Skye.

DSC03080.jpg

One of my favourite spots. Spent many a night camped on and around the Cuillins there. And many a night supping much earned beers at the Glen Sligachan Hotel too.

Thanks SHM. You're brought into focus another of those easily put off pleasures in life. I must make more of an effort again. There is a distinct shortage of mountains here in Norfolk.

One of my favourite spots. Spent many a night camped on and around the Cuillins there. And many a night supping much earned beers at the Glen Sligachan Hotel too.

Thanks SHM. You're brought into focus another of those easily put off pleasures in life. I must make more of an effort again. There is a distinct shortage of mountains here in Norfolk.

That was really nice to read Nomy. :)

Cuillins are excellent. My pictures aren't that brilliant but have another random pick from the Cuillins.

DSC03078.jpg

And one more. Sky in Skye an' all that.

DSC03052.jpg

Also climbed up the Old Man of Storr which has to be one of the most bizarre peaks I've reached.

The%2Bold%2Bman%2Bof%2BStorr.jpg

However it wasn't a clear day so I didn't take the camera. It actually looked more like this.

the-old-man-of-storr.jpg

Yeah, it is an odd peak that.

Another place I liked there was the Table Top:

Isle+of+Skye+Quiraing+Walk+View+from+Table+Top+II.jpg

But it is a special unique place. Not the most dramatic of scenery compared to the highlands perhaps but one of contrasts, and it holds a certain magical atmosphere.

I know it's not exactly mountainous, but aside from the peak district which is where I grew up, the only other place that has that same magical atmosphere for me is Exmoor. In fact we're off there for a few nights soon as a surprise birthday pressie for the Mrs.

Valley Of Rocks:

valley-of-%20the-rocks.jpg

Maybe it's when you visit places in your youth, it holds the feel from then? I dunno. But it may hold true. The first time I went to Skye was in my youth, and it was way before they built the Skye bridge, and before the Sligachan Hotel was the hostel type thing it is today. So that would date it a bit.

You've started that pang thing mate. Not sure whether to thank you for it or not :)

I know it's not exactly mountainous, but aside from the peak district which is where I grew up, the only other place that has that same magical atmosphere for me is Exmoor.

That valley of rocks looks gorgeous. Exmoor remains one of the few unexplored places for me in the UK. Any other recommendations for around there are most welcome.

You've started that pang thing mate. Not sure whether to thank you for it or not

Haha. Don't thank me. Just get out there again. You sound made for it. And sorry but...Norfolk? Commiserations on that. I grew up in Bedfordshire. Instilled a life-long hatred of East Anglia I'm afraid.

Muttonchops Going to Vancouver tomorrow. Gonna see me some serious mountains.

Make sure you take some serious pictures!

And if we're going international....

100_1325-2.jpg

Puerto Natales, Chile. Last stop before the South Pole.

100_1211.jpg

Valley of the Condors (Colca Canyon), Peru. And yes that's me.

DSC00469-1.jpg

Laos. <3

Last edited:
Going to Vancouver tomorrow. Gonna see me some serious mountains.
Drool. That's one of the few places we have relocation potential. I can dream.

That valley of rocks looks gorgeous. Exmoor remains one of the few unexplored places for me in the UK. Any other recommendations for around there are most welcome.

It's well worth the exploration. A few unmisable places to visit there are Lynton and Lynmouth, Watersmeet, Woody Bay and a pie and pint at Hunters Inn. In fact the coastal walk from Lynton to Hunters inn is quite special. There are countless wonderful walks inland too.

And sorry but...Norfolk? Commiserations on that. I grew up in Bedfordshire. Instilled a life-long hatred of East Anglia I'm afraid.

Needs must. Work relocation. It has it's benefits compared to Manchester where we lived before. More than 1 day of sunshine, less than 365 days of rain a year is a bonus. I also like the quite roads and isolation where we live. But once you've done the seaside and riverside walks, hired a boat and hit a deer with your car, you've done all there is.

The Andes eh? Serious stuff. The best I can offer is the pyrenees. Just not the same.