• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Mountains

bluelight has some very well travelled photographers, awesome photos.

this used to be a half hour walk from my flat, which was in the centre of the old town:

dsc00118k.jpg

i spared you all a similar version of this photo taken from the hospital, which has me carrying a bottle of my own blood in it (for medical reasons, not morbidity).

edit- just to clarify, clearly the peaks themselves we're not a half hour walk away, but the place i took the picture from, this crazy old fort that they had awesome raves in, was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great thread with some spectacular contributions , some of you guys live in great places , it must be such a special thing to have such amazing natural beauty on your doorstep.

Anyone else been to the Grand Canyon btw ? Or lake Tahoe.

i think i might have been to lake tahoe, i remember the place but not where it was as i was v young, buu it was nice. also seen the rockies in grand teton and yellowstone parks, absolutely awesome nature there.

most impressive mountain i've probably been up was the volcano on maui, again too young to remember much other than the crater was below the summit, and there was a rainbow going into the crater. not sure how good my memory is as that sounds improbable. being the idiot child i was at the time i mostly took home being forced to eat a sandwich i'd dropped on the beach as my parents were totally broke, they ended up taking our pocket money off us too, though i'd totally do that to my kids if it was gonna tip the balance over to a holiday in hawaii being possible (we lived in cali at the time). wish i remembered it better as i can't imagine having a chance to go back.

Really need to take some sort've psychedelic (cid/mushies) and head up a mountain someday soon, aint been up one in years! Guess it's good timing for mushie season too. Some great pictures in this thread.

Anyone else been to the Grand Canyon btw ? Or lake Tahoe.

Not Grand Canyon, but I've been to Lake Tahoe:

S9509_035.jpg

On the same trip we drove down along the Pacific highway from SF to LA and took a detour to the Big Sur. It's been in all the best road movies. Mind you we were lucky. Most of the time it's shrouded in fog!

S9509_020.jpg

Back on the theme of mountains, we also went to the Pinnacles National Monument there which was pretty damn spectacular:

S9509_036.jpg

Victoria Peak, Hong Kong.

I had the most horrendous case of diarrhoea whilst on the top of that mountain.

Seriously. I was afraid to leave the toilet. After sitting on the bog for almost two and a half hours, I was forced to leave due to them shutting the cable car for the night.

09leftsmall.jpg

^^OMG. Did you make it down without sharing the contents of your bowels?

I must thank SHM for starting this thread. Its reminded me that at least occasionally theres better things to do for recreation other than stay in and get caned most of the time on virtually every day off work. Made it out to the Peak District today and did the first few miles of the Pennine Way. It may not compare with some of the more stunning places mentioned and pictured in this thread but it has its own appeal. I'm sure its all been said before but i feel so much better in my self now; more balanced and calm, having literally got my feet back on the ground. Not sure how long this natural high will last, but i am sure it will last longer than any drug high, and with no comedown !

The most amazing mountain I have ever seen. It's in Torres del Paine national park, Patagonia.

Torres-del-Paine-National-Park-Chil.jpg

Though when I was up there it looked like this. And TM, I too had the shits up a mountain. This one.

100_1358.jpg

But it looked kinda like that on the boat there.

100_1341-1.jpg

That looks awesome. I have yet to venture further than the Pyrenees. The most awsome mountain i have at least partially climbed is Vignemale. I didnt get further than the hut on the plain just below the North Face and the Glacier. I chickened out at that point as the guides said you need a guide or a rope partner to traverese the glacier and reach the summit. I dont know if thats true, i have pretty good common sense when it comes to stuff like that, but i'd had enough by then as i was already knackered after about a 4 hour trek to get that high.

Closer to home i still love Snowdon above anything ive seen in England, lake district etc. I was planning to see some more of the Highlands/Skye this year but didnt get off my arse all summer. Maybe next year...

Bhutan

bhutanmountainjpeg.jpg

Bhutanese Mountain. Thought I had lost this photo. it's an old one and I'm not sure where the original is. The day before we went stumbling through the foothills on 2cb. :)

Spent Saturday afternoon wasted up here. It's an abandoned iron mine on the Black Mountain near Ammanford, West Wales. Some of the landscape wouldn't be out of place on the moon.

DSC03393-1.jpg

DSC03396.jpg

I think you’d be mad to prune these beautiful pictures. Then again, all the contributors seem to have left for some reason...

Driven away by the low standard of photography, I expect.

I owe you an email at very least don't I? <3

:sus:

Anyone want to see some pics of the Swedish fjalls? Sounds similar to fell only they are far less populated by dick heads and tourists, you're really out there in bum fuck no where you're in a high tourist spot if the fjall you just climbed had a 100 visitors a year and not thousands like the Lake District.
Don't get me wrong I love the lakes but Sweden is another dimension.

Now this is not at all a bad idea. Who doesn't love a nice mountain? Maybe I should just strap my knapsack on my back and go a-wandering along some nearby mountain track. Not like I've much excuse not to, either, with the Peak District practically on my front doorstep. I could even take three different camping stoves and a stopwatch with me and turn it into a scientific experiment. With glorious scenery and at least three tea and picture breaks along the way. And a pint of Real Ale in a pub with a Real Loo when I finally get bored of tea.