The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

⭐️ Social ⭐️ Get to know your neighbo(u)rs from across the pond

Are you serious? My god.

Ooh, I have stereotype:
Americans can name every US state, and its capital, nickname and official flower, but cannot find any other country on a map
No way on earth could I tell you what Texas' official flower is.

I could easily name all 50 states. I learned a song with them in alphabetical order, back in 5th grade or something.

Question: When you say that you are going to have a cuppa, does that imply that it is tea, unless otherwise specified? Also, do you drink a lot of different kinds of tea? Maybe some earl grey, lemon zinger, green, etc...

A related question is tea or coffee? Which would you say your country prefers if either. I'd have to say as an Americunt we absolutely swill coffee like it's going out of style. On an average work day I probably drink no less than 7 cups.

Which drug are most addicts hooked on in your country? In the US I'd say it's pretty region specific. Living in the Boston MA area I'd say that oxy or heroin would be king but, in the south/midwest it seems that crystal meth holds the crown.

FTR the words are color and flavor

I'm also curious to hear any other derogatory terms used to describe us americans (in good fun of course)

France: strong black coffee in a little cup, aka expresso or just named "un café s'il-vous-plait" in any... café.

Drugs: wine and hashish. French people love their hash despite the harshest laws of western Europe.

We call the Americans the Ricains (Américains).

I know you guys in the UK have a thread where u post pics of your refrigerator. Maybe we can compare here... Here is mine

NSFW:

The freezer is below it, but only has some frozen dinners, chicken, ice, and pierogie.

^ I think that they are both XL, but I always have a back-up carton on hand. I never want to be stuck without eggs.

I once heard a woman say a man in a suit looked 'sexy'. I made a mental note never to give her the time of day again. ;)

you haven't seen mad men have you? those are some sharp suits. a suit can be sexy, or it can just be kinda homely. depends on the suit, an uber sharp ridiculously stylish one says 'i have shit loads of money and am going to spend it indulging you in a hedonistic lifestyle,' def fun for a fling.

So what do businessmen in the UK wear then?

suits. though they go for this 'business casual' in a lot of places, which means women don't have to wear suits, but i think men are still stuck in suits.

i think people should start wearing indian suits. they are a lot more fun.

Are you serious? My god.

Ooh, I have stereotype:
Americans can name every US state, and its capital, nickname and official flower, but cannot find any other country on a map

is that really a stereotype yall have on us?

Nebraska, Minnesota and Vermont are the ones that usually slip my mind.
ive played this game before where you write out every state with out looking at the map, just off the top of your head and the 3 of us did it at work..2 of us got 49 states and for some reason we both forgot new jersey.. the other girl couldnt name half of them

I'm willing to bet that very few people in the UK could get anywhere CLOSE to naming all 92 counties in Britain. I certainly couldn't.
yall say we cant name any other countries..can yall name even half of our states?

I think it must be illegal for businessmen in the US to wear a tie without also wearing a BUTTON DOWN SHIRT.

Seriously, I work for a US firm and we regularly work out of each others' offices. I've yet to have a meeting with an american colleague or client who doesn't wear a button down shirt (i.e. the collar has buttons on it).

Is it even possible to by one without buttons on the collar? I'm not fucking joking, I sometimes have to go to Brooks Brothers if I end up staying longer than expected and I struggle to find one without buttons. I have to bin it when I get back to the UK so that my own colleagues don't rip the shit out of me.

791E_BLUE

whatelse would you wear a tie with then?

or by buttion down do you only mean the ones with buttons on the collar?..you got to keep in mind euro fashion is way differnt then american fashion and alot of american guys dont really care what their shirt looks like or how cheap it is as long as you got a decent tie

i persoanlly hate the buttons on the collar too, they have hidden button collar shirts,,theres all types

Last edited:
If you've visited the UK, what do you think of the standards of service in our restaurants? "Eggs over easy, please" " Fried or scrambled only, dear." - I overheard that conversation between an American visitor and an indifferent waitress. Do Americans complain at the slightest excuse or will Brits put up with any shit rather than raise a fuss?

These days, of course, we've the mid-Atlantic man combining the best, or worst of both cultures. But in what situation would stay-at-home, middle Americans react differently to their small town UK counterparts? How does the US handle multiculturism and integrate its Moslem immigrants? Are expat Americans and Brits motivated by different reasons?

When I first visited the U.S, I couldn't get over the size of the produce. I'd never seen apples so big. Or, I soon found, so completely without taste or flavour. What was called a 'breakfast steak' was big enough for two British dinners and an average dinner stateside would feed a UK family all day. Has that changed? Back when UK visitors were still a West Coast rarity, I recall the disappointment of a Puerto Rican stacking the cues in a pool hall off the Haight when he learnt we're all very poor, drive small cars and live in tiny houses. But he was real impressed we didn't have to pay for medical treatment. Since then, the policy of successive UK governments has tended to ape US, 'free market' fashion, to the extent where we now even have your charming 'contract prisons'. Is it progress?

For a long time, America was the great hope, the beacon of freedom and opportunity for Europe's huddled masses. Now, we feel like a 51st state, natives under a colonial master across the big ocean. Do Americans see us that way and themselves as the rulers of all they survey? Are Americans less inclined to vacation here than they were previously? What's putting them off?

Of course, we're all brothers under the dope here and on the same side in that big, unstated war. May the blue light of liberty shine on you all.

To those in the U.K. - How different is the U.K.'s cities, landscape, and general look from the US's? Also(this is a dumb question prolly but im curious) - Compare your country to the US's in terms of ethnicity. For example, african americans in america are stereotyped as drug dealers or rappers...whatever. I didn't even think there were black people in France until I saw some boxing movie... Haha.

whats up with travlers like on " my big fat gypsy wedding?" my mom showed me that show and i was confused

travelers i think they are called right?...i couldnt help but notice how slutty they all dress and how fine alot of them are..like alot of them bitches are fine as hell but you brits dont like them? they are looked at as lower class or something right?

so whats up with the travelers?

is it just because they live in trailers and get married at like 17? i mean they live in trailers but throw weddings that cost more then the damn trailer it self?? and i saw one who the girl was like 23 and not married and was looked at like an old maid who never will get married and the girl was absolutly gorgeous like any american would scoop her up but they claimed no one wants to marry her cause shes "too old"

here in america people who live in trailers tend to get looked down upon as lower class but thats about it..its not like whole differnt culture

so whats up with the travelers?

by their culture, they cannot integrate, and do not wish to integrate, into general society. which is all fine and dandy but they tend to show a lack of respect for local people, property and the environments. i used to work in a shop and we had to get security in whenever they turned up, it was written into our training, i thought it was snide at first but it turned out to be justified. i know ppl who work in pubs who have a similar thing, and they tend to be aggressive/really put off all the other customers, like try and get you involved in gambling and twat you if you win.

i could go on but i'll sound like a racist cunt, i used to think the prejudices against these people were unfair, but experience has jaded me.

the government could probably help them integrate, like make it easier to do shit without a fixed address and stuff, but the fact the travellers don't want to does make it seem like a losing battle. they don't help matters by giving pretty much everyone who interacts with them or see the state they leave their sites in a very very bad taste.

If you've visited the UK, what do you think of the standards of service in our restaurants? "Eggs over easy, please" " Fried or scrambled only, dear." - I overheard that conversation between an American visitor and an indifferent waitress. Do Americans complain at the slightest excuse or will Brits put up with any shit rather than raise a fuss?

These days, of course, we've the mid-Atlantic man combining the best, or worst of both cultures. But in what situation would stay-at-home, middle Americans react differently to their small town UK counterparts? How does the US handle multiculturism and integrate its Moslem immigrants? Are expat Americans and Brits motivated by different reasons?

When I first visited the U.S, I couldn't get over the size of the produce. I'd never seen apples so big. Or, I soon found, so completely without taste or flavour. What was called a 'breakfast steak' was big enough for two British dinners and an average dinner stateside would feed a UK family all day. Has that changed? Back when UK visitors were still a West Coast rarity, I recall the disappointment of a Puerto Rican stacking the cues in a pool hall off the Haight when he learnt we're all very poor, drive small cars and live in tiny houses. But he was real impressed we didn't have to pay for medical treatment. Since then, the policy of successive UK governments has tended to ape US, 'free market' fashion, to the extent where we now even have your charming 'contract prisons'. Is it progress?

For a long time, America was the great hope, the beacon of freedom and opportunity for Europe's huddled masses. Now, we feel like a 51st state, natives under a colonial master across the big ocean. Do Americans see us that way and themselves as the rulers of all they survey? Are Americans less inclined to vacation here than they were previously? What's putting them off?

Of course, we're all brothers under the dope here and on the same side in that big, unstated war. May the blue light of liberty shine on you all.

I don't think that Americans are that fussy about there food. I work is a restaurant, and in a given night there are probably two people that make a fuss about little things.

Our potion sizes are still very big. If you go out to dinner, you will likely not be able to finish your meal, and always have some left to bring home. Right now I am eating left overs large enough to have me satisfied for lunch.

I rarely hear of Americans vacationing in Europe. Families rarely do, but most college/university students "study abroad" for a semester. Also, backpacking across Europe is quite popular for those that recently graduated college and don't want to enter into the real world right away.
Americans would rather go somewhere warm for vacation. Florida and California are popular vacation spots. Some states vary so much, and even different parts of the same state vary so much, so a lot of people do a weekend getaway a few hours from home.

There are a lot of American tourists in Paris in July and August. Trust me, a lot (at least in my touristy area).

Something I've always wondered about is the way we roll joints differently. Here in the UK, I roll joints with tobacco not only so they burn nicely, but also because if I smoked a pure blunt every time, I'd never get anything done. Is the weed over here just stronger in general than in the US? Or are you guys just much more hardcore stoners than we are?