• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

⭐️ Social ⭐️ Get to know your neighbo(u)rs from across the pond

Man, you've never tasted the REAL Beaujolais Nouveau, not the piss they give to the foreigners and to a lot of the French too. The real one is a nectar beyond belief, and that's coming from someone who doesn't really like alcohol ;)

how do you judge if its real? surely with all the appelation controllee business, if it says its beaujolais nouveau, its beaujolais noveau. whether its a good instance of that wine or not is another matter. but i thought the enitre point of beajolais nouveau was just to have a random celebration where everyone gets rat arsed rather than decent wine.

vader- i don't know where, but i read that some cringeworthily high number of americans, when presented with a map containing just boundaries and no names, will point to Russia when asked to point to the USA. though to be fair i think our geography education is a bit fucked, i spent a long time sure venezuela was in africa, and it still feels wrong that its not.

^ 90% of the production is for what you say, but there are the 10% which stay here and are sherished by the owners of different Chateaux. Just like there's hash for export in Morocco and the best which stays in the hands of the owners ;)

yes, i have to admit i hate the french a tiny bit for that. mostly cos i want cremant d'alsace/bourgogne here. but i can't blame anyone for keeping the best for themselves i guess.

Americans can name every US state, and its capital, nickname and official flower, but cannot find any other country on a map

nah, I doubt that very much. i bet the average american could only list about 30-40 states. i'm not being cheeky, i just suspect it. (and everyone forgets about Delaware ;))

vader- i don't know where, but i read that some cringeworthily high number of americans, when presented with a map containing just boundaries and no names, will point to Russia when asked to point to the USA. though to be fair i think our geography education is a bit fucked, i spent a long time sure venezuela was in africa, and it still feels wrong that its not.
hah, oh how we do love to take the piss out of the Americans' lack of geography knowledge. but i'm pretty sure if you carried out the same experiment in any town or city in the UK, the results wouldn't be much better.

all the geography i know (with respect to countries' locations, capitals, sizes etc.) comes solely from me being a massive map geek all my life, NOT from my official education. at school i was devastated to find out that geography included a lot of stuff about farming, for god's sake. BORING! :D

question for tommyboy: when saying 'Americans' in the OP, are you excluding or including Canadians, Mexicans or Brazilians etc.? my point being, do you ever realise that people from those countries probably hate being referred to as Americans? I would imagine it annoys them as much as people saying 'England' when they really mean the United Kingdom.

i guess you could justify it by saying Americans = People of all the Americas! but i doubt if non-US people care for that definition.

I'm willing to bet that very few people in the UK could get anywhere CLOSE to naming all 92 counties in Britain. I certainly couldn't.

Part of the problem is that there's so much confusion over what officialy constitutes a county. Is Middlesex a county? Avon? Yorkshire? Another part is that no-one gives a flying fuck, they all know that Devon's the best one and all the rest are shite.

I'm willing to bet that very few people in the UK could get anywhere CLOSE to naming all 92 counties in Britain. I certainly couldn't.

I could have, in the days when I 'perseverated' more. If you know what that word means then you just found out a well / badly kept secret. ;)

And Vader, you haven't even heard my accent. Lucky you. The pseudointellectualism is of course firmly in place, albeit in warm northern tones that (almost) make you forgive it but when it degenerates to "urrrrggggghhh... urrrgggghhh" you know some pearls of wisdom are on the way.

Man, you've never tasted the REAL Beaujolais Nouveau, not the piss they give to the foreigners and to a lot of the French too. The real one is a nectar beyond belief, and that's coming from someone who doesn't really like alcohol ;)

Sorry I wasn't trying to say that Beaujolais was bad, just that it is served slightly chilled which is unusual for red wine. I have had some very nice Beaujolais in my time, never spent crazy money on it though, I'd like to try the stuff that never makes it out of the region!

^ No problem man, I misunderstood a little bit what you were saying (lost in translation, as usual with me). It's just that I had the luck to try the real stuff through my brother, he's the real connoisseur, not me.

Honestly I'd rather taste the real moroccan hash that never makes it out of the place than some great wine, even if the Beaujolais I tried was a real experience ;)

edit: that's a lot of "real", I know, lol.

from denmark 1 short hour from copenhagen
population 6 million total, 50.000 in my city :)

question: hows the dope in russia, ive seen a docu that tells about the dope comming directly from afghanistan thru russia and then to the rest of europe ill always wondered that the dope there must be really nice

im going to rusia for dope and thailand for some otc benzos anyone up for a road trip? hehe

Last edited:
I think it must be illegal for businessmen in the US to wear a tie without also wearing a BUTTON DOWN SHIRT.

Seriously, I work for a US firm and we regularly work out of each others' offices. I've yet to have a meeting with an american colleague or client who doesn't wear a button down shirt (i.e. the collar has buttons on it).

Is it even possible to by one without buttons on the collar? I'm not fucking joking, I sometimes have to go to Brooks Brothers if I end up staying longer than expected and I struggle to find one without buttons. I have to bin it when I get back to the UK so that my own colleagues don't rip the shit out of me.

791E_BLUE

Man are you crazy or what? It's like saying you're going to Alabama for dope.

what i know of alabama is its redneck country? ehhh

then it would be hillbilly smack witch is oxycontin and my understanding of the price in the us for oxy is insane and i dont like oxy anywuuu :p

prove my stereo type wrong i dare u!!

Pretty much the whole midwest ;) It's pretty forgettable. Except for Chicago. Ever seen the Cohen Brothers' film Fargo? That's what the midwest is actually like. I've actually spent some time up in the city in Minnesota where they kill the highway patrol officer.

I think it must be illegal for businessmen in the US to wear a tie without also wearing a BUTTON DOWN SHIRT.

Seriously, I work for a US firm and we regularly work out of each others' offices. I've yet to have a meeting with an american colleague or client who doesn't wear a button down shirt (i.e. the collar has buttons on it).

Is it even possible to by one without buttons on the collar? I'm not fucking joking, I sometimes have to go to Brooks Brothers if I end up staying longer than expected and I struggle to find one without buttons. I have to bin it when I get back to the UK so that my own colleagues don't rip the shit out of me.

Yeah, that's weird alright. :)

Like; don't take offence or anything but I don't give a shit about in what manner you sell yourself to pay the bills, or anyone else for that matter.

There is a rule in Britain though - button-down shirts are not for business. Fucking silly rule, fucking silly people, but those are the rules.

Ever really thought about what a suit, shirt, tie etc. actually looks like? One morning I was dressing for work and I burned the lot. Why? Because they're ridiculous clothes.

I once heard a woman say a man in a suit looked 'sexy'. I made a mental note never to give her the time of day again. ;)