• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

⭐️ Social ⭐️ Get to know your neighbo(u)rs from across the pond

going to London tomorrow night, just realized the only British slang I know is insults

help me out here

Oh Shimazu, you foolish, foolish boy. ( I think you're a boy? :dunno: ) You've just presented us with a golden opportunity here! :p Luckily I'm not evil enough to lead you down a path likely to get yer 'ead kicked in, so . . . just call everyone bruv and say innit a lot, you know, like 'innit bruv, ya get me?', noone will know you're not a native. ;)

Just out of interest, what are these insults that you know?

I would be called a young adult in the US

and I really dont know a lot of words just like wanker, bellend, you guys say "cunt" a lot right?

what is innit? a slang for "isnt it?"

Not helping me out on the gender front there Shimazu, but no matter. ;)

Innit is indeed isn't it. Cunt in London has its own peculiar pronunciation. It's nearer 'cahnt', and is often combined with 'fahkin'. It can be pronounced with a soft 't', which is kinda friendly, as in 'Get yer 'and in yer pocket and get the drinks in you fahkin' cahnt', or a hard 't', which is NOT friendly, as in 'Oi! You looking at my bird you fahkin' cahnt'. It's important you understand this as getting the inflection and pronunciation wrong can quickly leave you requiring an ambulance! ;)

As an American you'll probably find a lot of the street argot used by 'the yoofs' strangely familiar. Think The Wire, but with a cockerney accent. You may find this useful?

Enjoy your visit won't you!

Last edited:
i watched that movie last week, wasnt very good. We here on the east coast seem to be the only ones who use cunt reguarly, from baltimore up to boston. I recently worked with a company from ireland for ayear, lagan is the name if any of you know it, its in northern ireland. I couldnt understand them for th emost part, unless we were indoors and theyre speaking slow. Great people though, we got along great, hung out alot and had sunrise partyys and would get shit drunk at 6 am cause we worked nights. Also they were suprised at how easy and plentiful the drugs were, i brang crystal mdma and really good coke. They said th ecoke was amzing compared to uk shit.

UK coke is truly pants. I wouldn't sully my nasal passages with the stuff, not at the price a gram goes for. Not worth a quarter of what you're expected to pay for it. Even the 'good' stuff is generally shit. Northern Ireland will be even worse than mainland UK for it, partly cos it's a smaller target population so the risk v. potential profit equation isn't so favourable for importers, and partly cos you've got some really quite serious paramilitary types going round shooting drug dealers in the bigger cities like Derry. Irish are great though, the women at least. Sucker for a redhead with a soft Irish brogue. :licksface:

"UK coke is truly pants" ? Is that a typo?

We do use cunt a lot in the Boston area but, it's a very negative word and is rarely used in any other way. I think it's most commonly used when people get hurt our are doing something difficult as in "fuckin' cunt!".

The c bomb is very much the worst thing you could ever call a lady and will surely earn you a slap. Most women don't ever use the word.

"UK coke is truly pants" ? Is that a typo?

LOL, no. Pants. As in crap, shit, not worth bothering with. You not use the word that way? Course, pants are just trousers over there aren't they? 'UK coke is absolute trousers' probably doesn't work? ;) Pants are different here. Maybe makes more sense with the English usage.

The c bomb is very much the worst thing you could ever call a lady and will surely earn you a slap. Most women don't ever use the word.

Oh yeah, be careful who you say it around definitely. About the worst insult going in polite company, nothing quite as powerful, or as apt at times. Nothing to match it when you need that truly authentic power to offend. You wouldn't wanna use it in most women's hearing, no, and certainly not in the hearing of the bloke she's with. Not without inviting a right smack in the chops for your troubles. Only women I know use it tend to be quite feminist types reclaiming the original usage of the word in its non-pejorative sense as just a.n.other word for a certain part of the female anatomy.

What do you think of this ESPN soccer/football commercial? They also have this version of the commercial which breaks down the slang definitions. I still don't get what they are saying in the shot where they get smacked upside the head by their moms. It's right before they say "proper mingers they'd be" that I don't understand. Can any of you shed some light on what it is that they say before that, and what the American equivalent would be?

they're pussies, soft cocks, especially for their mum to smack one on them.

I still don't get what they are saying in the shot where they get smacked upside the head by their moms. It's right before they say "proper mingers they'd be" that I don't understand. Can any of you shed some light on what it is that they say before that, and what the American equivalent would be?

'[I'd] have some real scummy mum and dad, proper mingers they'd be'

You must use scum / scummy Tommy, surely? Dirty, despicable, worthless, a waste product. Was it the manc accent throwing you? They do absolutely torture the English language on that side of the Pennines, nearly as bad as scousers in some parts of Manchester.

As for the video, it's inaccurate. The City supporter looks right, he would be a proper Manc just like in the vid but the other guy in the United colours, he'd have a London accent or something most likely. Probably be middle class with too much money too! This is because in truth there's only one team in Manchester, and it's not the one that plays in red, located in the Borough of Trafford. Proper Manchester lads are City lads. And with that controversial poke of the hornets nest i'm off . . . .

/Leeds supporter =D

^ I thought they were saying they would have some real scollymonger something or other. We use the term scummy here, but I didn't think that's what they were saying. It was a bit too fast for me to understand.

Hi everyone!!! I'm a virgin here!!Brand new!! Any other Canadians...There MUST be...right?anyhow...SO stoked that i found this site!!! I'm not alone..people I can actually RELATE too! Cheers all...:)

Hi everyone!!! I'm a virgin here!!Brand new!! Any other Canadians...There MUST be...right?anyhow...SO stoked that i found this site!!! I'm not alone..people I can actually RELATE too! Cheers all...:)

I think you have the wrong forum, this is North and South American drug discussion, I can't find any Canada on my map:

NSFW:

united-states-map.png

To the Brits, this is an accurate depiction of our average citizen's knowledge of geography. Those grey lines around Alaska and Hawaii are giant sea walls.

Last edited:
Ah yes, the sea walls. Marvel of modern engineering. Alaska being our largest island and all.

Clever how they keep it so cold too Johnny, what with Alaska being further south than California and all looking at that map too. Must be really high these sea walls to stop the sun getting over 'em and melting all the snow. Americans, no wonder you're world leaders with technology that good.

That bit to the lower right though? I thought that was, like, Europe or something which as any fule kno is absolutely tiny compared to the American continent. It's close proximity to Orleans there though prolly explains why they all used to speak French there and shit, no?

Well ya we are more of a republic but, I think most would call us a democratic republic or at least a republic with democratic tendencies. Maybe instead of democracy you meant oligarchy or plutocracy?

Last edited: