• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Pentedrone

Asyd420

Bluelighter
Does anyone have any info on this. Dosage? Duration, etc?

Pentedrone_structure.png

α-methylamino-valerophenone, alpha-methylamino-valerophenone, 2-(methylamino)-1-phenylpentan-1-one

Wikipedia - Pentedrone

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like these kinds of threads. I think there's one on pentedrone already.
Comparable to MDPV, garbage dopaminergic stimulant, active at ~10mg. Be careful.

Got 5g of this.

1mg allergy test oral.

2hrs later 7mg insufflated.

Garbage? Eh no.....7mins later my whole body was numbed and I was experiencing incredible euphoria. Felt like extremely potent methylone. Then came the horniness just like pv but no jittery horrible rough edges you get with pv.

There seems to be major inconsistences with the dosage on this. At first I read that dosage was similar to mdpv but then read that the dosage was more like 100mg. My source had recommended 100mg starting point but also said he didnt know as he had very few reports on it.

BUT....I also read that unlike pv you could sleep on this stuff....it`s 30hrs later and I still cannot sleep but there is no fatigue I feel alert and great. I just lay in bed awake for about 8hrs and feel like I`ve had a sleep.

If you like pv you will love this.

Also numbs your body like cocaine does.

A wee bit jittery on the come down about 8hrs after my 7mg dose but nowhere near as bad as pv.

Certainly not garbage but then I do indeed use pv but not very often. I would reach for this over pv anyday.

TREAT DOSAGE LIKE MDPV AND YOU MAY WANT TO USE LESS THAN 7MG BUT ON SAYING THAT I AM THE TYPE WHO GETS A LOT FROM SMALL DOSES.

As the person above says BE CAREFUL WITH THIS ONE UNTIL YOU KNOW THE PURITY OF YOUR PRODUCT.

Last edited:
I used MDPV for several weeks on a daily basis and ended up having a "psychotic episode". I am looking for a substance that is comparable to PV, but without the crazy shit it makes you see/think/do. Currently I am looking into pentedrone and/or pentylone.

I would appreciate a little input from others who have tried either of these if possible.

OR somebody who could possibly inform me of any lighter stims that may be used without getting the crazies. I am only interested in substances that will not dilate my pupils and make me looked high as I do need to be active and social and do not like hiding away because my pupils are HUGE!!

Looking forward to more infor on this, but...sounds good to me. I'm also looking for an alternative to PV that has the same creativity enhancing properties without the potential for psychosis. I've had too much experience with hiding in fear from the menacing shadows on my wall or the voices from the faucet to ever touch PV again. However, anything that holds a candle to the PV euphoria without its attendant delusions is worth a try.

Pentedrone is just as strong a cathinone derivative as PV, don't think it will solve the problems of people getting cracked out.

Personally I just *love* all these names... There's now completely no pattern for naming cathinone derivatives and you just can't be sure what "pentedrone" is before you check up the full chemical name. OK, I've got it, it's 2-(methylamino)-1-phenylpentan-1-one. "Pentedrone" sounds like a million dollars and "-drone" would suggest there's some substituent at para position but... Surpise! It's got propyl on the β carbon instead of methyl. So it sounds more like a cheap methcathinone derivative than million dollars.

FWIW-

pentedrone is the alpha-propyl homolog of methcathinone. Pentylone is the methylenedioxy version and MDPV is the methylenedioxy and a N-pyrollidine.

OK ... i will try to ask this in a very simple way. I know very little about the chemistry of these substances, so rambling about the methyl or propyl attached to the carbon is like telling a 4 year old about cold fusion!

All I want to know is if this chemical has a 'psychosis' effect similar to PV? Has anybody tried this yet? Any info would be helpful.

And truthfully guys ... there are a number of you on here who understand the chemistry of these substances, and the proper nomenclature for naming these .... but for the other 99% of viewers on here, could you try keeping things a little more 'simple' and on topic. I really dont care if it was not named properly ... it could be called fuck-your-ass-up-edrone for all I care ... but what I do care about is if it works, how well it works, and the side effects and dangers of the substance.

zLlJA.png

All 3 are potent psychostimulants acting on dopamine/norepinephrine reuptake and will cause psychosis in overdose.

to put it plainly: pentylone or pentedrone are just as crazy as MDPV. If I had to pick, I would choose pentedrone as it is s little more balanced.

Looks interesting, too bad there are so few reports on this bad bay. I think I might order some and report back.

When I made the report I was on no other drugs. When on other things I didnt notice the feeling anywhere near as intense and yet when on the same other things I do notice mdpv so a slight difference there.

2nd time I took probably 20-30mg.

Will try it again with nothing else and see if my findings are the same.

Got some earlier this week and gave it a few trials. The effects are cosmetically similar to MDPV, in that it has a distinct DRI feel. However, the duration is shorter (around 1-1.5 hours), and the euphoria is somewhat less prominent. Has a definite mood lift, but with a shorter duration than PV, and with a somewhat stronger comedown IMO (it made me signifigantly more irritable than comedowns from most other stims, during which I become more apathetic).

I dosed anywhere from 5-12 mg insufflated, which lasted anywhere from 30-75 minutes. Also, I tried oral doses of 8-20 mg, which lasted from 45-90 min. However I should mention that doses in excess of 15mg caused rather painful stomach cramps (though this was taken with ~1.5 mL GBL, so I'm not sure how much of it was the Pentedrone). Oral doing seems to be the most effective in terms of duration and euphoria, but is also the most likely to cause side effects (most prominently brief headaches and light cardio-tension). I have yet to try plugging it, but will report back when I do. Tolerance seems to rise relatively quickly (I ended up using ~1/3 of a gram in about three days) and insufflated dosing can become remarkably wasteful if used on consecutive days. This stuff is definitely moreish, but not nearly to the same degree as MDPV, which is a blessing. I would say that it is to PV what high doses of Buphedrone are to amphetamines (but qualitatively more similar).

Also, I have not noticed ANY paranoia/delusions/psychosis, which is a huge relief. However, my friend who shared in my nightmarish experiences w/ PV did experience some mild paranoia and tenseness, so YMMV. I can definitely see this drug being popular with those who have enjoyed (or cannot find a source for) MDPV. On a final note, this stuff numbed up my lips and nostrils comparably to cocaine, which I found really bizarre. If anyone else has this effect, I would like to hear about it.

I have those effects as well.

Acquired some last week.

Vaporizing is quite euphoric.

Curious as to who has IV'd and possible risks involved (I'd assume similar to a-ppp & mdpv)

Mr Tambourine Man Have you had a chance to compare the effects of pentedrone to 4-MMC? Have you had 4-MMC at all and would you consider this a useful comparison? I've recently sampled 6-APB, methylone, 4-MMC, and bk-MDEA, so i'm looking for any cogent input. :) Thank you for your very useful description.

I sampled Pentedrone from a reputable source with very disappointing results. I worked myself to about 10mg nasally over an hour. It had very average stimulant properties. It gave me energy for activities, a minor mood lift, no increased sociability. Accidentally, I overdid during the second hour, because I was looking for a more "powerful" stimulant feeling. This led to MDPV-like paranoia and mental discomfort, which left me fairly non-functional state, until I took around 1.2ml of GBL. This cured my paranoia and anxiety, but I felt extremely fuzzy-headed and depressed for the rest of the night.

If you've had problems with MDPV, I'd give this stuff a pass. It's nothing like mephedrone. And yeah, it does make your nose numb.

So this is my experience:

A friend of mine recieved a substance he purchased as Pentedrone form an online vender he has had great success with in the past. I was with him when he recieved it. He opened his small sample and we inspected it. Upon first inspection we noticed that there were clearly 2 different structures mixed. 1 structure very much resembled coke (white, fluffy, small little opalescent clumps) which barely had a taste but caused numbing of the mouth. The other structure was very thin clear crystal shards averaging about 1mm in size, these had a taste of medicine and reminded me very much of 4-mec. The ratio of the mix was about 10%/90% clump/crystal. Figuring that the clumps could possibly be just fine dust material we decided to try some. 1st a 10mg sample was prepared for each orally. At +20 very light possibly placebo effects felt. after 2 hours we felt it safe to try a larger test and each prepared a 50mg sample. at +20 threshold effects were definately felt although not anywhere near MDMAzing that had been described. For the evening several more samples in this range were tested with decreasing levels of effect and based on prior research we feared increasing test amount. After a persiod of about 5 days rest we decided to test again. This time each preparing 100mg samples... at +20 felt nice warm fuzzy body feeling increased sensation, mild euphoria, amphetamine feelign was not present in any way.. experience lasted about 3 hours after which sleep came easy.

The next day we decided based on the relatively mild experience that 200mg would be safe:
The experience was basically a repeat of 100mg nothing conerning at 1.5 hours an additional 200mg was taken each.
+2hours body feelign was definitely MDMazing with absolutely no speedy feeling. My only concern being that the dosages we were using compared to 7-25mg dosages others are getting amazing effects form was unsettling.

Today my friend and I went through the remainder of his small sample and seperated out samples of both different materials.
A 20mg sample of the white clumpy coke like material ws insulfated at results felt immidiately similar in every way to actual coke.
A sample of 150mg has been prepared of the other material which is similar to 4mec(and quit possibly is). It has not been tested yet.

If you order this material please inspect it first I am suspecting the actual Pentedrone is the coke like material while the crystals are 4-mec or somethign of a similar nature. If you have something which is a fine white powder with tiny opalescent clumps please be very cautious as this cutting of material may explain teh wide range of dasage reports online and taking 100-200mg of the coke like substance would surely end bad.

I hope this helps someone.. Please always be careful