• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

injecting (dex)methylphenidate why is it not an epidemic? dangerous?

ketamindaltering

Greenlighter
I not too long ago checked myself into voluntary outpatient substance abuse counselling program. I've been through it a few times before growing up. I love analyzing people i meet there too see if they fascinate me with their history of use and DOC. SWIM really intrigued me and their demonized pleasure was not the typical substance abuse story and when looking into it online all over the web I am very surprised this patient's addiction isn't more common.
SWIM crushes up the beads from a Focalin XR 15 or 20 (dexmethylphenidate), or 40-60 mg metidate CD (methylphenidate) a few times a day. His track marks look worse than most junkies who aren't even as careful as him. I asked him how he got into that and why he continues if it leaves such nasty marks? he told me that MPH and dMPH are the closest pharms structurally to cocaine so he just tried it blindly one day and really enjoyed everything about it. He always uses sterile materials and fresh spikes and he is good at hitting himself clean. (told me it became necessary to get good when he noticed the consequences to missing a hit with that particular substance) he's showed me horrible looking abcesses, bruises, swelling all over the arm, painful lumps, bubbles etc. that he claims is when swim pokes through or rolls out. not being a stranger to IV drug use I asked him why it does so much damage with as little as a drip of solution gets under his skin or into muscle because i've seen heroin addicts arms and a slight miss doesn't render their whole arm useless. he told me the solution if MPH for 40 MG metidate was roughly 60ml of water. he told me the liquid in the syringe is very hard to suck up through the cotton, it's thick and white and he never filters it twice as he says it makes it not give him a rush. if swim can be so obsessed with it, how is every IV drug user prescribed MPH or dMPH not posting about it online? very limited info seems to be available. anyone know anything about IV use with these substances? do other people do this? why is there no information about it online (nothing useful anyways)