View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Best way to take shrooms...

HydrA

Bluelighter
Okay, so i want to know what would be the best way of taking an 8th of dried shrooms...a few specific questions:
1) Should I just straight up eat them or should i make some sort of tea or beverage to have them in...
2) Should I eat them on an empty stomach or on a light amount of food?
3) Should I smoke weed while shrooming or will this kill the shroom high (i heard you shouldnt smoke shrooming?)? I dunno, Im still pretty new to shroomin'
~hydra

Originally posted by HydrA:
Okay, so i want to know what would be the best way of taking an 8th of dried shrooms...a few specific questions:
1) Should I just straight up eat them or should i make some sort of tea or beverage to have them in...
Eat em straight up, be sure to chew thoroughly before swallowing.
2) Should I eat them on an empty stomach or on a light amount of food?
Empty stomach is best. Especially if you fast for a day before the trip, they'll be much more effective.
3) Should I smoke weed while shrooming or will this kill the shroom high (i heard you shouldnt smoke shrooming?)? I dunno, Im still pretty new to shroomin'
It will most likely not kill the high, but may potentiate it. Give it a shot.
~hydra

1. This all depends on you, its like dxm syrup, if ya dont like the taste you can fine a way to mask it... or even blend up the shrooms and stick em in a capsule... TIP- Dont put the shrooms in anything that is hotter then luke warm, it will decrease the shrooms potency I.E. TEA or pizza.
Or what I prefer, just slice the shrooms into small enough pieces where you can roll them up into pill like balls and swallow them whole without a whole lotta taste...
2. I think empty stomach so if ya throw up.. ya know... but sometimes people eat something light such as crackers.
3. I personally dislike weed, I would never smoke weed while shroomin, although some people like to it may not be your thing.
Btw if yer new to shroomin I dont think it would be wise to ingest 3.5 grams of shrooms dried, unless you know for a fact that these are particularly weak shrooms.

I have a question that takes #1 of the above question a bit further. As syd_barett suggests, I have always just balled my shrooms up and swallowed them like a pill if I have to take them dry. Recently I have been wondering if this could be reducing their potency. In that tight ball I would think it would be harder to break them down and get to the psylocibin inside before the material passes into the intestinal track. Should I actually be chewing them up, would this be more effective?

I usually eat me shrooms fresh. The little ones I just swallow, the bigger ones I chew up a bit.
I would definately recommend weed while on shrooms. Hydra, I know you're a pothead, and you know I'm a pothead, so trust me on this one, weed is good. It can help to reduce nausea and mellow you out a bit. It also adds to the psychedelic affect, I believe. If your used to smoking weed normally, then by all means smoke while shrooming.

You need to eat them, and then you can chase them with some juice or something. I am lucky, i personally dont mind the taste; its quite like sunflowers.
I would personally also reccomend smoking, but only towards the end. It makes the trip even more interesing. I would imagine that if you smoked a little weed at the beginning though, it would help with the sick feeling.
Mmmm shroomies

I dont think balling the shrooms up like a pill will have any significant effects...
It wont decrease the potency, that is for sure... but maybe it will digest slower and maybe it will act sort of like a time released substance.... the material will be spread out through a period of time.. BUT i dont think thats the case, I dont think its to hard for your stomach acids to digest shrooms..

Syd, common man, dont say shit if U dont know what your talking about, u should know that by now.
You will get most fucked up by making a tea. Putting shrooms on pizza really masks the taste well.
Its all in your head, if U think they taste good they will, just think of sunflower seeds.
Eating on an empty stomach will make U trip harder.
This is how U make mushroom tea (and it will get u more fucked up faster)
1 cup of tea for every dried out gram of mushrooms
Heat the watter to a rolling boil.
Put The watter in a Cup (I use wide mouth Mason Jars, i will tell U why in a second)
Add Flavoring to your hot watter to make the tea taste good. I Usuly add honey, Sugar and put a tea bag in for 3 seconds or so.
Then add your mushrooms.
Your mushroom tea will not be ready untill the mushrooms have sunk all the way to the bottem. This may take up to an hour, but it will be worth the wait.
I use wide mouth mason jars because after i have added my mushrooms i put the lid on and shake it up...this helps the mushrooms sink faster, makeing your tea ready faster.
Stiring the tea also makes the tea ready sooner.
I find breaking up the dry mushrooms sometimes into a fine powder makes the bits of stems and caps sink faster.
Drink the tea when all of the mushrooms have floated to the bottem. Then drink/eat all the mushroom shit at the bottem of the cup.
For the smoking weed part of your questions, I find that smoking blunts makes your experice more psychadelic. I see more visuals when smoking weed. U can also smoke mushrooms but i wont get into that right now.
On a side note, the poison in the mushrooms is what gets U high, so that is what U want. Poison in P.C. Mushrooms comes in the colour blue, so if your mushrooms are blue That will most likely mean U have some potent mushrooms.
please correct any misinformation in this post.

oh ya and PC mushrooms cant kill U unless U eat your body weight in them, so 3.5 grams of mush isnt anything, eat them all at once and U will trip nicely.

Plug 'em ;)
but seriously. . .I really like mushroom pizza, don't cook the mushrooms with the pizza though...I espically like getting a slice of pizza at a pay-per-slice type place, then finidng a nice sunny, grassy spot and eating the slice w/ the mushrooms. It tastes good and it's fun! Tea is also good on rainy days and such.
I usually eat 'em on an empty stomach, if for no other reason then because you can eat more food while tripping...but I hear it also makes them act faster, and keeps down nausia for people who have that.
I don't really like smoking weed while tripping, but most of my friends do. It usually won't kill the high, but If you're still new to mushrooms I'd reccomend not smoking for the first few times, enjoy the mushroomnes on its own...
[ 06 December 2001: Message edited by: LoP ]
[ 06 December 2001: Message edited by: LoP ]

thanks for the replies guys! good info :)
I have tripped 3 times before on shrooms, so im not COMPLETELY new...
I was wondering, any of you tried shrooms WITH acid? i was thinkin of tryin it out...good or bad?
~hydra

Originally posted by HydrA:
thanks for the replies guys! good info :)
I have tripped 3 times before on shrooms, so im not COMPLETELY new...
I was wondering, any of you tried shrooms WITH acid? i was thinkin of tryin it out...good or bad?
~hydra

Give it a shot, but make sure you have a sitter and use low doses for each one (for your first time at least).

If ya want to eat shrooms the right way , you get a bunch together , put them in a pot of boiling water(1"st tie the shrooms up in a lady"s stocking)take a spatula and stir them and squish them every 10 mins. for about an hour and a half, the worse the smell the better.TIP..... don"t boil them over 2 hours or it will lose potency!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PINCESS PIT
"This ones for my nigga!"

Aftermath, maybe you should learn to read first, not once did I say anything against which you said.
I said dont make mushroom tea, not that it wont fuck you up, but if ya want the most bang for your buck dont use anything with heat, that goes for pizza as well, if ya really need to mask the taste that much just blend in some oj with the mushies... easy like that
Heat destroys the active chemicals in shrooms, I'd name the exact chemicals, but i dont feel like looking up how to spell it.

Shrooms contain Psilocybin and Psilocin, both will make you trip.
High heat will break down some of the psilocin but not the psilocybin, so yes they still have effect, just not exactly the same effect... If you understand what im trying to say.
Im not 100% sure this is correct but ive heard it from people both here and on the shroomery, plus in my experience Mushroom tea isnt as potent as eating them...

make hot tea with three bags in a pan of water and a quarter of mushrooms this will make 2-4 people fucked, and one person trip balls

Whatever you do don't grind them up in a coffee grinder
bad bad bad
:)

i've always ate with those thin mint girl scout cookies. chocolate has a crazy powere to mask tastes. does that make me weird? probably. i just hate the taste of dried up shrooms - makes me gag. and i have found in my experience that nausea is usually less when i ate them with nothing because i would be thinking of the horrible taste and my mind would be focusing on that. just an idea.

Yaaay! my ab. fav.! anyway, the most potent way i have found to do them is to dry them, then grind them in a coffee grinder. from that point you can either stick them in pill cases or mix them with some liquid and gulp,gulp! my top liquids are 1)poweraid- hydrates you and gets absorbed quickly
2)OJ- i really think the vitamin c does something
3)V8 splash- it is already thick, so the mixed in powderis nearly negligable.
***do not heat mushrooms!*** duh- the heat makes them lose the good stuff
if they are pretty fresh, chew them w/ a pepermint patty.
i think that's all for now!
have fun!!! :)

I'd say just eat em. Dont make tea or anything out of them cause heat will kill some of the potency. Make sure you didn't just eat your dinner cause they may cause a bit of nausea. Also make sure your not hungry when you eat em. Eat a light meal a few hours before munching... something that will digest easily. I like knowing that there is something in my stomach before tripping on any drug.
Weed will definetly intesify the trip. It can also cause paranoia (IMO) when shrooming so be careful... but you should be fine cause I know how much bud you smoke ;)
Enjoy!