Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

CWE warning ibuprofen "pharmacy choice" brand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason132

Greenlighter
Hi guys, signed up today to post this warning so no one else gets caught out like I did.

I'm from australia and often do CWE's with "nurofen plus"and "panafen plus" (contents listing- 200mg ibuprofen and 12.8mg codeine). It's safe to use these brands.

HOWEVER, one day at the pharmacy the pharmacist recommended this other generic brand (pretty sure it was pharmacy choice) which was half the price of nurofen, but she ASSURED me it was exactly the same in everyway.

I noticed when I got home that the contents listed ibuprofen in "lysine salt" form which I had NFI what it mean but figured its ibuprofen and its insoluble in water. I was wrong.

Basically this salt form of ibuprofen is VERY water soluble. The CWE went well until the end I noticed there was only half the normal powder left over. Drank it anyway as i just wanted to get high and had been hanging out all day for a buzz. Noticed it tasted really funny.

Ended up getting the hugest stomach ache of my life which lasted for a week and my stomach and intestine were visually swollen to the point i looked pregnant. Im normally a fit guy but my gut hung out so far i could barely see my d**k without leaning forward.

So I got caught out because I was dumb and inpatient. If your ibuprofen is in the form of a salt, it ISNT SAFE to CWE as it's water soluble. Its so water soluble that its used for injecting it.

So there you go, be warned, dont cwe anything that lists ibuprofen salt or ibuprofen lysine on the active ingredient list.

sorry mods I also posted this in the homeless thread please delete or move to a suitable forum, cheers

Thanks for the warning mate. Fuck that sounds bad.. did you recover alright in the end?
CWE's are VERY common around here, so a bit surprised that no one else had been caught out with this 'Pharmacy Choice' brand..?

i didnt even know ibuprofen could be CWE'd. Only used paracetamol + codeine tablets. Thanks for the info

always had problems doing CWE's with ibo products...........If your havin 2nd thoughts about drinking a CWE its probaly best if you dont......Hope ya pull up ok mate

I generally use apap products anyway. But thanks for the warning and good to hear youre ok.

Yeah im fine now, i used to use paracetamol products but ive found nurofen plus way better.
always had problems doing CWE's with ibo products...........If your havin 2nd thoughts about drinking a CWE its probaly best if you dont......Hope ya pull up ok mate
That's weird, I find it works alot better than paracetamol.

1- normal ibuprofen is actually less soluble in water than paracetomol, and 2- the filtering goes alot quicker with the nurofen and 3 there is more codeine (12.8mg) compared to 10mg in the paracetomol.

With the paracetomol i found that it would take ages to filter and there would always be water stuck in the filter that never drained which meant I needed to squeeze the filter slowly to get the remaining water through which is messy and risks bursting the filter. With nurofen it goes through pretty quickly and never any water left.

Btw does anyone here crush the pills? I used to do it and was a pain in the ass, realised though I could just drop them whole into the water and they readily dissolve, it's so much easier.

I also put a few staples in the filter at the bottom to stop it bursting open. Used to use 2 filters but now only use one.

And I found out the reason they use ibuprofen lysinate is because they wanted a product which would work quicker in your body, the chemists figured if they made it water soluble then it would dissolve alot quicker in the stomach, so they combined the ibuprofen molecule with the amino acid "lysine" witch is water soluble.

Here's a link to a nurofen product that contains ibuprofen lysinate- http://www.nurofen.com.au/pain-relief/products/migraine-pain.php

Last edited:
Yeah thanks guys i'm fine now but who knows how much unseen damage I did..:(

I used to use paracetamol products but ive found nurofen/panafen plus alot better because the extraction is so much easier.

always had problems doing CWE's with ibo products.........

1- normal ibuprofen is actually less soluble in water than paracetomol, and 2- the filtering goes alot quicker with the nurofen and 3 there is more codeine (12.8mg) compared to 10mg in the paracetomol.

With the paracetomol i found that it would take ages to filter and there would always be water stuck in the filter that never drained which meant I needed to squeeze the filter slowly to get the remaining water through which is messy and risks bursting the filter. With nurofen it goes through pretty quickly and never any water left.

Btw does anyone here crush the pills? I used to do it and was a pain in the ass, realised though I could just drop them whole into the water and they readily dissolve, it's so much easier.

I also put a few staples in the filter at the bottom to stop it bursting open. Used to use 2 filters but now only use one.

And I found out the reason they use ibuprofen lysinate is because they wanted a product which would work quicker in your body, the chemists figured if they made it water soluble then it would dissolve alot quicker in the stomach, so they combined the ibuprofen molecule with the amino acid "lysine" witch is water soluble.

Here's a link to a nurofen product that contains ibuprofen lysinate- http://www.nurofen.com.au/pain-relief/products/migraine-pain.php

i didnt even know ibuprofen could be CWE'd. Only used paracetamol + codeine tablets. Thanks for the info

Yep, ibuprofen is less water soluble than paracetamol so it works pretty well and at under $6 for a pack of panefen it's pretty cheap too. Ill probably go back to paracetamol though because long term ibuprofen ingestion is worse for your body.

]

just have to know your brands. some need either hot water or crushing, some dissolve fully in cool water.
Hot water from tap which is about 60degrees. Just enough so that when absorbed it's a paste with no water. then hit it with refrigerated water.

I wasn't able to find any search links on generic OTC ibuprofen/codeine combination products that contain the lysine salt. If I see that pharmacy choice brand i'll buy with caution, and confirm if that is the brand you used.

Yeah im fine now, i used to use paracetamol products but ive found nurofen plus way better.

meh each to there own i normaly use panadine forte (30mg of codeine per tablet) or panadine extra (15mg per tablet)......wtf bluelight wont let me post says this message is too short :s

mehhh each to there own i normaly use panadine forte (30mg of codeine 500mg of APAP per tablet) or panadine extra or plus what ever the fuck they call it now (15mg of codeine n 500mg APAP per tablet)and APAP is safe in the long term......i used to crush em down before adding water but i dont anymore and to stop the filter bursting when squeezing i just put another filter around n squeez i always get a crystal clear soluation..............I also find i get alot more out of it using 1 pack of panadine plus witch contains 360mg of codeine than the chemist brand panadol witch contains 400mg of codeine....Maybe better quality codeine??

Last edited:
Im curious about the powder left over... how much was there? You think it was all just binder? Youd think there would be minimal left over with both the codeine and ibu being water soluble.

mehhh each to there own i normaly use panadine forte

Damn I wish I could get that, i definitely use it.

Im curious about the powder left over... how much was there? You think it was all just binder? Youd think there would be minimal left over with both the codeine and ibu being water soluble.

IIRC there was roughly 3-5 tablesoons left but I was under the impression that most of the content in the pills was filler and the active ingredients only made up a small proportion of them.

Fuck. Thanks for the info. Wish I had known this. I fucked up or did half-arsed CWE a lot... and I know in my water, I got a lot of junk, because I wanted to either save money or get high right now. And I've got serious health problems because of my ibuprofen and paracetamol intake. Everyone take as much care as possible with your CWE. And take heed to Jasons info, I can't say if it is correct... because I just always bought the cheapest brand, and yeah I noticed having half the powder sometimes, but drank that shit down anyway. Plan ahead. If you think you want to get high that night, set up your CWE early that day, and filter it twice if you are suspicious. Let it heat up a bit, out of sunlight, let some water evaporate. Refilter it. Just please take as much care as possible.

Yeah I'm just saying. Give yourself extra time. Plan ahead. Things like go to another shopping strip on the way home, so instead of having 2 packs for that night, you have 4 packs.

We probably know that dosing more than 300-400mg in a night, the body just wont process it fast enough for you to get high off over 400mg. So if you come home with 800mg+ then you have heaps of time to process that second batch, I know my fave time to do a CWE is when I am already at my limit of 400mg, because I no longer care if it takes ages. Also time passes by so fasst, watch a video and like, woah it is finished. When I am hanging out, i'm there stiring, and hurrying up the process, making it harsher on my body in the end.

So yeah my main advice is, if you know you a codeine fan, buy it beforehand, and start the process early, like before you go out for the day, or to the shops, leave it happening then.

yeah I definitely hear you.

Regarding the 400mg thing... I think we can safely say that that isnt the case. I know myself and some other posters on bluelight 400 isnt enough. I usually go with around 600. I think Mr Blonde said he had 1 gram once.

Anyway we should probably move this into the mega codeine thread.

Hi, first post. Great site. Jason132 I have tried nearly every "home brand" Nurofen Plus and they are a lot of differences. I already knew about the Lysine addition to make it more soluable so always look for it. Still there are wide differences. Some dissolve instantly, no crushing required. A lot filter very slowly and never come out clear, which bothers me for both reasons - its the binders they use.

Panafen is the best of the lot. Dissolves quick, filters through a coffee filter quick and looks as clear as a glass of water (and they donate to breast cancer research). Second best and almost as good is Chemmart.
Not to be confused with Chemplus: they are the very extreme worst. Tabs wont dissolve, need to be crushed really fine and they will not go through a filter. They are the only ones that say "contains Lactose" on the pack, part of their binder. I found that odd, not that lactose is in the binder, who knows what others use, but they should warn you about that. What if you are lactose intolerant!
The only one I haven't tried is actual Nurofen Plus, how is this at proccessing? At least you can get that everywhere. Maybe I should just try and see but I like to hear others' opinions.

Thanks for the advice^. Don't even other with Nurofen, they are the absolute worst I have tried in every single regard.

Welcome to BL btw :)

Dont know why some people dont like ibu/codeine products as far as doing cwe's. I always find that they filter through the t-shirt step of my process my better than paracetamol pills. Sure you will never get as clear a final solution but its really not that big a deal. Im sure any discolouration of the liquid is nothing thats going to do you any damage. Its obviously much more important to get a clear solution when using paracetamol/codeine pills.

Also fyi I have a pharmacy choice brand that I bought today that is just regular ibuprofen. So I guess they aint all in the salt form yet.

Glad I saw this thread! Not sure how I missed it the first time around. Hopefully this just stays to the one brand...

I used to be mega paranoid about my cdubs and always make sure the final product was as clear as could be...now I have to admit most of the time I only filter with a shirt and don't use coffee filters at all. Even when I put a cloudy solution through coffee filters, I can't imagine the shit it catches is more than 1-2 pills worth of ibu/para, and I guess I tend to think it doesn't matter that much.

Also, when I've left cdubs filtering through coffee filters overnight, I can't help wondering how much of the water has just evapourated rather than filtering through, leaving the codeine on top of the filter as well as the ibu/para.

Status
Not open for further replies.