• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth and Vicodin - The Positive and Negative Effects?

MDJ182000

Greenlighter
Well, I had to start to somewhere I figure... So welcome to my first official thread!

After a failed few hours of sleep last night, I woke up and smoked a bit of good quality ice. I had to head to work, and knew that showing up an exhausted zombie wouldn't really serve any purpose. Through the day I kept myself nice and hydrated, and it seemed that I would fall into the usual scheme whenever I do use meth. (Be it for recreational or important needs.) I expected to get home, find something to hold my attention until I either come down from my high or decide to 'force' myself to sleep...

Unfortunately it seemed a rare and annoying side-effect reared its face, and I found myself with a headache. I was fine as long as I stayed still. However, when I did have to move I would suffer from a sharp throbbing pain (which really sucks, since headaches are an extremely rare for me) added with the crap-tastic effects of my expected comedown. Knowing that I had some spare vicodin around, I decided to take one 5mg pill and leave it at that. Its been roughly an hour since I ingested it, and as I sort of expected the headache isn't an issue and most other discomfort or soreness is a non-factor.

But... This is my first time introducing meth and vicodin to each other, and the high that I am feeling is interesting to say the least. That isn't to say that I haven't mixed and matched other drugs before, but this particular blend has left me in a rather... neutral state of mind. I would compare it to the normal meth high without the edge and a calm peacefulness about myself as I look for something to focus on. Made sense to investigate more on the combo of these two drugs specifically. I seen tons of 'Amphetamines x Opiates' topics, but I only have access to the two mentioned and I don't have any immediate intention of finding/getting access to anything else.

Now onto the questions I really hope can be answered...

1. Having smoked my dope before work and a bit more after getting home to alleviate the comedown a bit, I am somewhat surprised at the effect that taking the vicodin caused. Initially I imagined that the opiate would simply cancel out the 'amp' and make me fall asleep. I feel pretty awake now; albeit relaxed and calm. Is there any certain reason for this?

2. I've had plenty of experience with both families of drugs, so I know that I have comfortable tolerance with either. Both together, on the other hand is a completely different ballgame. Are there any immediate or serious risks that I should be aware of? My intention isn't to fuck my brain or body over, but I am also curious as to what I could potentially expect if I were to intake more meth or vicodin?

3. Honestly I am just curious as to how these two drugs would interact with one another, what the science is and what effects could/should be. I will mention that I don't have too deep an understanding of chemistry as a whole, so if anybody could answer in a simplified manner I would appreciate it greatly.

1. both cause dopamine release
2. taking meth can cancel out the effects of too much vicodin, likewise taking vicodin cancels the effect of too much meth, so iff one wears off when you have too much of the other in your system you are fucked (not likely cause meth has a long half life)
3. amphetamines + opiates are a good buunch and potentiate both the euphoria and painkilling aspects.

Basic combo questions go to BDD though

Really? You made it sound like a sort of yin and yang where each compliments the other whilst working against the other to keep control in sense. Or I'm completely off base.

And, my bad sekio.

They do different things but they synergize quite nicely (in the right doses). You have it right.
The combination (stimulants + opiates, classically cocaine and heroin) has historically been known as a "speedball". It's well known for its euphoric effects.