The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

3 (or 4) dots tattoo on hand??

hustlababy09

Bluelighter
What does a tattoo of 3 (or sometimes 4) dots on your hand in between your thumb and index finger mean?? I saw a lot of people had that in county jail and in prison, and now I'm noticing some people outside have these tattoos as well. I was just curious what they mean.

3 dots in a triangle on the web between the index finger and thumb on a Hispanic person means "Mi Vida Loca"...my crazy life. It's not really a gang affiliation, although you won't find many non criminals/gang members with it. It means they represent their heritage and don't hang with non-Hispanics.

well, I am an old timer and know old timers and in the past the three dots meant the holy trinity and/or the three nails used on Jesus(tres clavos). Sometimes a a small cross also accompanies the three dots(La cruz y tres clavos). From a practical point of view it was a simple tattoo able to be done without much skill and with minimal equipment (india ink and a needle).

Since this question is with respect to body art habits in the United States I'll move it to the appropriate regional forum.

homeless >>> NASADD

Most of the esse's have em in county, and for the most part don't like talkin bout it. They try to keep their tats hidden from the guards or cover it up with somethin new cause alot are facin Rico like charges.

I have seen em on Gangland to represent "mi vida loca" too but, it's not something that only hispanic gangs use. Plenty of other people and gangs may have them and some call them the dog paw. It can be done by the head of a blunt or cigarette as a branding.

I have Three cig burns out marks into a triangle shape, between the pointer and thumb.

This is also popular in German prisons among current and former convicts as a symbol of their time done behind bars. Generally it implies the person does not know, see or hear anything and has therefore no information for the police. This tattoo also usually appears on the skin between the thumb and forefinger. Also for some groups it means 'I hate cops.'

In France, the dots stand for 'Mort Aux Vaches', literally 'Death to cows', in slang 'Death to cops'. It can also be interpreted as '**** the World'. In Greece, the three dots in a triangle signify affiliation with anarchist beliefs/ideals (The three dots can be seen as points of the letter "A", the symbol for many anarchists around the world).

The three dots in a triangle are also used as a protective symbol for hobos, sailors, and convicts, known as "hobo dots." Among sailors it's a traditional tattoo to get on their first voyage.

The three dots in a triangle are also used widely in the southeast region of Turkey as a symbol of being one of the tribesmen. The three dot symbol is known as "Gormem, Duymam, Soylemem" meaning that "I hear nothing, I see nothing and I tell nothing". Bearing this mark is an oath to the person's own society, and requires great responsibility such as being willing to sacrifice himself in favor of the society.

In California, I am not obligated to tell you, certain people don't like other people to talk about it, but 13 is for southern mexicans and 14 is for the northern mexicans, but that's just for Cali I believe

Thats true Kooter, spent some time in california, not prison time, but yeah the southside Mexicans (13) and the Nutruenos aka northern cali. mexicans (14) defintetly do not get along...

When I had to go on "County paid vacation" the southern dudes told me that they are little upset that people who were not southern dudes started putting the 3 dots tattoos and so they added something, can't really remember now. I believe it's a free world and you can get whatever tattooed on you, even a hello kitty.

Also, when a northern dude gets caught in the south they will have to pc up and vice versa for southern dudes in the north. All politics are very interesting in county. Not very fun though. I heard stories how in prison (In Cali they will put in whatever prison in the whole state, doesn't really matter where your home is or where you get caught) the guards will release some north dudes with south dudes and bet on how long it takes to start a fight. It never takes that long to pop off either.