• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs a-PVP anyone heard of it?

I've been indulging in RCs to take a break from reality every month or so, sometime taking longer breaks in between. Since Mephedrone and Methylone went away and got replaced with shitty half-ass serotonergics/dopaminergics I kind of gave up on the scene and decided to replenish my neurotransmitters.. But I've been always in a strange way attracted to stimulants, even though I have higherish blood pressure and issues with anxiety since birth. A thing that I should not be attracted to at all. Plus, dopamine releasing agents for me is a ticket to the dark side. And yet, sometimes I slip and lie to myself that it's going to be better, that I will feel great and it's going to be a real great time.. but every time in the end I am just lucky to come out well.

I pretty much do everything twice, heh. I had my second experience with A-PVP recently. Not much different from the first, except I had more time, better environment and I got the technique down. I felt negative about my first one but I wanted to catch the feeling again. . I thought to share my findings with the forums.

When A-PVP is taken inter-nasally, at least for me, I have lingering feeling of anxiety throughout the experience. If I bomb it then all I feel is anxiety, a shit ton of it. My heart just won't stop behaving like it's running a marathon. Even if I take 10-20 mg. Perhaps that's because my tolerance to anything but coffee is very low. The peripheral stimulation always has always been uncomfortable for me. Never tried shooting it (or anything) but when I found out that it has a low boiling point I thought why the hell not to try vaporizing it? I wasn't practically familiar with "smoking" stimulants personally but I always knew deep inside that it's a bad mojo. I regret going that route. A-PVP could be very much like crack, less intense plus all the bad that accompanies the use. (I have never done free base version of cocaine but I read and heard plenty about it, it just seems like a natural comparison to make).

I am not going to describe how to vaporize A-PVP, because I don't want any one to get a wrong idea and use it as instruction.

It all comes to inhaling, exhaling and then bam.

Instant gratification, feeling like everything is great in the world, tingling allover body, numb sensation. Effect is so powerful that I can't feel anxiety.. The downside: the comedown starts in 10-15 minutes.. So, you gotta do more.. and more. Because coming down from this is pretty painful you start tricking yourself in doing more in order to delay it. And then you realize that you spent all this time, not accomplishing a single thing in the end feeling like shit having nothing but emptiness and guilt. Yes, that ringing, intense euphoria were there but so elusive.. It's better to forget that feeling than trying to bring it back as a memory. When I think about this and close my eyes all I see are brown puddles and raising fumes, numbness, darkness.

A-PVP is so short acting you basically sit there feeling high and the void, then you start feeling heart beat getting faster, jitters start creeping in, your mind starts rushing in an organized paranoiac way, the comedown is coming. In this 10 minute time frame there's simply no time to enjoy anything. It is possible to just keep vaporizing to never start feeling the shitty part until the very end but it's difficult to balance the dose and the longer you carry on the worse it will get in the end. There's simply no balance. One hit, instant craving, very hard to find a way back. What I really hate about moreish stimulants is that they bring the worst out in me.

It took me five years of trying pretty much everything there's and I was VERY lucky to come out as a stronger person in the end, maybe slightly more broke, maybe slightly more paranoid but I have no regrets for the most part. . I did develop a strong respect for psychedelics but moderate alcohol and moderate weed is all there should be. My experience with A-PVP just supports this more. It is a powerful stimulant that could very easily be abused, regardless of the ROA.

A-PVP is already becoming popular on the streets. Coke is being cut with it. It's cheap, too. Do yourself a great favor and just stay away from it. Not worth it in end. Taking a week long break from weed and lighting up a joint is a much more satisfying quality experience.

Any of you curious cats who just opened the Pandora's Box, please be careful. If you are like me, who have to learn the hard way and find everything out from personal experience to make some conclusions, I would advise to have only a little bit for the night and wash down the drain the rest. Things come in grams these days but you know that with a thing so addicting and moreish (when vaporized, we are talking crack-moreish here) you just can't set the rest aside because you will end up using more. If you dug out a deep hole before the binge to bury the rest for a later day you might find yourself digging for that bag at 3 o'clock in the morning. This is metaphorical of course. So, just toss the rest, it's a waste of money but you will be glad in the end. Also RIGHT AFTER the binge destroy all gear, wipe everything with bleach. Enough said. Or better just not do it as some experiences are never to be experienced.

Be safe and stay away from A-PVP and please, don't abuse any stimulants. Most people don't know how to handle such things, or just think that they know, lack of willpower and reason will inevitably lead to all kinds of troubles. Stimulant abuse is a war between rational, reasonable self-conscious mind and animalistic, hungry animal within. In the end there could be only one winner.

P.S. I blame the U.S. government and War on Drugs for market flooded with shitty RCs, ghettos full of crack and heroin because they are so addicting and cheap, easy to transport and easy to conceal, I also blame the U.S. government for having head shops flooded with dangerous synthetic weed.. The more they try the worse it gets.

yeah, be careful kids. first little bit i had felt kinda smooth, but i ended up in kinda deep when i shoulda known better.
monstrous in excess, especially a few days afterwards (in my experience anyway).

Good post ohZvir!

When I think about this and close my eyes all I see are brown puddles and raising fumes, numbness, darkness.

I can relate to that! I had a bit of a binge smoking a-PVP a while back and nothing has ever hijacked my mind more. I smoked it all day and then bombed myself out with benzos to get to sleep - and then I'd dream about smoking a-PVP.

I found it a painful experience with intense anxiety which just kept getting worse as the day went on, but I was powerless to stop.

I still think about it sometimes and as you say, just thinking of it I can remember how for a few weeks my world shrank down to a piece of foil, the sound of air and smoke rushing through the straw and the sight of that little oily puddle sending off whisps of smoke.

I didn't even find there to be much of a rush or much euphoria. It was just pure obsession and driving compulsion to redose redose redose.

I hate to think of what MDPV must be like...

Ditto, Halif. When MDPV was around and easily available I decided not to touch it.. A-PVP appeared in my research as a smooth alternative and then I thought why the hell not to try it?.. But hey, it's been weeks since and I am completely back to normal. I was exercising more than usual and have been eating healthy. The memories of consumption stepped into the background over time. The same thing happens with pretty much everything given some time. Unless it's a daily habit (like smoking) then more time and effort are needed to rewire the mind.
By any means the fiending caused by MDPV is very strong and the effects are not that drastic. Better to stay away then to, literally, play with fire.

Ditto, Halif. When MDPV was around and easily available I decided not to touch it.. A-PVP appeared in my research as a smooth alternative and then I thought why the hell not to try it?...
I have to say, good quality a-PVP is better than most average MDPV that was available last year IMO. According to the chain of potency and effects, structure wise, MDPV is suppost to be way superior over a-PVP. But hell, MdPBP was suppost to be superior over MDPV and wasn't. This is all matter of opinion of course. Don't get me wrong, I have had the legandary tan MDPV and that shit blew any a-PVP out of the water. I personally think MDPV has a much over-exaggerated bad reputation. It's not stuff to play with, don't get me wrong. BUT the stuff you used to read on this forum along with other forum boards...stories of people snorting 7mg's and staying up all night and hallucinating like they were tripping balls is bullshit.
But as I mentioned, MDPV is nothing to play with. a-PVP is very comparable to MDPV, especially if you're getting a-PVP that isn't stepped on and is coming from a well established vendor. As OhZvir said in the previous post, "Better to stay aay then to, literally, play with fire." Because with a-PVP, as well as any stimulant related to pyrovalerone will burn your ass.

Vape it or youre wasting it. When I vape a huge amount at once my heart will slow way way down for 10-15 seconds, and then rocket up to 160-180bpm. This is unhealthy I know but I am intrigued as to what is happening. Usually happens after Ive been vaping for a couple of hours.

Blood pressure will rocket up to 160/90 while the heart slows and then smooth out as the heart speeds way up.
Blood pressure and BPM are usually around 115/65 60bpm. Casual vaping it stays around 130/80 105bpm. Heart rate speeds up as a hit wears off whether it be stress or the comedown or metabs, or all of the above I dont know.
Do not take a big rip if your heart rate is 140 and youre hungry....dear god....

Im guessing imbalanced intracranial pressure. Who knows. Be careful with a-PVP, it is a demon.

Last edited:
It is more-ish and shortlived which makes it pretty unsuitable for study. It also has the cathinone 'cloudiness', although less than pentedrone did.

So people say they have great sex on this but my friend who was discussing it with someone else said its hard to keep an erection. Any tips for him? He says he can get it up and but its basically limp. Is there anything i can take that might help without any negative side effects?

So people say they have great sex on this but my friend who was discussing it with someone else said its hard to keep an erection. Any tips for him? He says he can get it up and but its basically limp. Is there anything i can take that might help without any negative side effects?
Here's some advice: Tell "your friend" (LOL!) to not dose stimulants before having sex. It's awesome. Otherwise, lower dosages are in place over adding a phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitor like Sildenafil which is if I am not entirely mistaken a combination that will increase the risk for cardiovascular incidents.
High sympathic activity will just do this to your penis, the blood will be allowed to flow out, it's a problem that comes with all stimulants. Lower dosages might allow you to increase pleasure, but maintain an erection. This might not ring true for those more sensitive to this particular side effect.

Vape it or youre wasting it.
Such advice isn't unproblematic, given the nature of this forum. You're obviously choosing a very unhealthy route of administration for yourself and that's okay, especially since you seem to be monitoring your bp and hr, but try not to advocate or advertise that route to others. Besides, how can you really "waste" a chemical as cheap as this one by choosing a route which requires higher dosages? ;D

Regarding the question for stimulants suitable as study aids... Imho amphetamine is still the best stimulant for that purpose. MDPV is far superior when it comes to short-term enhancement of my cognitive abilities, but it's very hard to control usage, since it is very moreish with desired effects lasting only a couple of hours, but after-effects can hang around for days depending on the amounts dosed, which brings on insomnia and stimulant psychosis for most (!) people. I hear a-pvp is very similar in that matter. If you are a very experienced and controlled user of stimulants, you could probably give either of these latter two a go, but you'll be playing with fire, trust me (and the countless posters who will confirm what I said) on that one.

Last edited:
a-PVP is awful for studying IMHO. It brings focus but like many of the cathinones it also brings a certain mental clouding.

I think this drug is garbage. To feel any decent amount of euphoria/high you end up with side effects you know ar ebad, like tight chest. Or atleast I do. I can do 15 speedballs in a day and feel fine, 1 lil apvp shot and i feel like my body is experiencing trauma

Y'all are doing it wrong.

Get an oil burner.
Get hemp rope.
Control the flame, make sure it's very small.

If it turns darker than yellow when it's spread thin, e.g., when it amber's, you've burnt it and are no longer vaporizing alpha-pvp; you are vaporizing a cardiotoxic byproduct produced by heat decomposition. The black shit left after you've hit the foil super hard is carbon left over from Alpha-pvp molecules breaking down. The tip of the flame on a bic lighter can reach approximately 4000 degrees Fahrenheit, people. Alpha-pvp's boiling point (freebase) is 340.8 degrees celcius.

I can sit here all day with an oil burner, 10 gram sack of alpha-pvp, and a hemp rope and vaporize up to three points per 15 minute session without ANY of these negative side effects that everyone is talking about, leaving my sesh with a resting heart rate of 95 and bp of 115/70 (my baseline is 70 bpm and 100/65). Using this method, friends of mine have found that they too can enjoy alpha-pvp with minimal problems.

In the last six months of using this compound, I have had almost three months where I was experiencing INSANE tachycardia, chest tightness, pain below my left rib, random back pains, kidney soreness, etc., from using this compound. Ever since I've discovered the hemp rope technique, I've found I can vaporize previously unimaginable amounts of Alpha-PVP without side effects.

Oh, protip: drink lots of water. This method wont reduce kidney soreness unless you're drinking about a half liter of water per 150mg vaporized. And fuck foil. Haven't tried hemp rope with the foil, but no matter how far away I keep the flame I see it burn, probably because it doesn't move around nearly as much as with an oil burner.

Stop complaining about side effects if you're burning it. That's like taking a resin hit from a friend's bong and telling them their weed sucks.

Stop complaining about side effects if you're burning it. That's like taking a resin hit from a friend's bong and telling them their weed sucks.

Except resin gets you extremely high :p

In the last six months of using this compound, I have had almost three months where I was experiencing INSANE tachycardia, chest tightness, pain below my left rib, random back pains, kidney soreness, etc., from using this compound. Ever since I've discovered the hemp rope technique, I've found I can vaporize previously unimaginable amounts of Alpha-PVP without side effects.

You might just be a bit more tolerant. I had these side effects from insufflation, I don't think I ever even tried vaping.

My experience. Ordered 1g of a-PVP from trusted source (have never got s*it). White small crystals, seems nice. Didn't burn very much, taste is bearable, no numbing effects.

Sex: Male
Weight: 85kg / 187lbs
Height: 178cm 5' 10"

T - Insufflated about 25-30mg. After 1-2 min I feel simply incredible. Very euphoric, coke-like euphoria. I can do whatever I want. This lasted for about 30min, heart rate went from 90 (I have high resting heart rate) to 120.

T+0:30 - Insufflated another 20-25mg line. The feeling comes back. I keep redosing every 30 minutes, heart rate doesn't go much more up, peaking at about 130.

T+4:00 - Took a little break, for 2 hours. Feeling instant comedown, which lasts for about 3 hours, quite smooth though.

T+6:00 - Starting dosing again. It makes me so talkactive and gives me a really powerful feeling. Again I keep redosing every 30 minutes.

T+9:00 - Heart rate is now higher, peaking at 150. Goes down after dosing quite quickly and 150 is not very bad neither, but feeling vasoconstriction.

T+13:00 - Getting some sleep, for like 5 hours.

I repeated this for another 4 days, felt incredible the next morning, but as I did not get enough sleep every night (had to wake up early to go to school), my body couldn't get a chance to recover and I couldn't feel euphoria anymore, now it is just about "chasing the coke dragon".

All in all - if treated properly, whatever I got was a marvelous replacement for coke. Like somebody somewhere around the Internet said - imagine a good quality coke, now make it 3 times more potent, 3 times cheaper, no harsh comedown and 100% PURE!!! The only problem is, that my report doesn't seem to match with what other have experienced with a-PVP. Could it be, that most of the people get shitty a-PVP or is it, that my vendor sent me something different?

i got 10 grams, stayed up 6 days, got stimulant psychosis, then went on an acid binge to come down off this shit. it fucked up my throat, i had a nasty cough for a couple weeks after.

Has anyone had consistent success researching this chemical, e.g., the ability to use it responsibly or in moderation (like, not using daily or even weekly)? It seems like every report or anecdote I've read from both haters/lovers of the substance make it out to be one of the worst drugs you could try, or that it is in some way indisputably destructive. I, like a lot of other people on this board, have struggled with addiction/dependency issues, and I am biased because I don't enjoy stimulants very much, but is a-PVP (or any of the other related pyrovalerones) really that much more compulsive than most psychoactives? Please do not take my query derogatorily as I am genuinely curious what so many users of this (these) substances find so fascinating.