• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Sweat Cure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire&Water

Bluelighter
I have had excellent results with this method as just a "different flavor/smoke for high quality -
high chlorophyll (just harvested) buds/leaf.
I use a ten gallon aquarium, water set at a constant 75 degrees, my container is a gallon jar, (the kind that resteraunt/bar olives ship in) with
w/ 10-15 ice-pick holes punched in lid. Place fresh/wet buds in jar (do not pack tight) -
weigh or wire/tie down jar so the lid is just above the water level. The buds will sweat cure, removing
most/all of the chlorophyll leaving you with a very smooth smoke, potentially capable of taking a
rather huge bong hit without blowing/coughing out smoke too soon I had a sative stain I cured this
way, It had a very rich, almost bitter chocolate flavor (reminded me of the 70's Panama Red)
It usually takes around 84-96 hours for best cure, depending on room enviroment It's an excellent way
for just a different flavor/smoke and it does not degrade in any way, maybe potentuates a little.
Give it a shot you'll be surprised at how smooth a flavor it takes on.
Now if you're one of those people that loves the taste of chlorophyll...

Last edited:
no way those fresh buds would be ready to smoke after 72 hours in an environment like that..is that like a pre-cure or pre-dry treatment that one would use and then continue with the drying process?. I only ask because it takes me a lot longer to dry my stuff in an open tray. It seems that something closed up in a jar would take much longer to dry.

no way those fresh buds would be ready to smoke after 72 hours in an environment like that..is that like a pre-cure or pre-dry treatment that one would use and then continue with the drying process?. I only ask because it takes me a lot longer to dry my stuff in an open tray. It seems that something closed up in a jar would take much longer to dry.

It's actually around 96 hours (I was thinking 4 days, just typed down the wrong number) I edit'ed, but it has
worked within 72 hours for skinnier buds (Jamaican Sinse'), you could see the inside of the jar stop sweating after 3 days, the house being cooler (wintertime) might have had somethin' to do w/ it. It actually seemed to speed up the drying process. Stand buds on end, leave room (between) for air circulation Give it a try you'll be pleasantly
surprised.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.