• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Extracting alkaloids from Kratom Powder

GeisterxFahrer

Bluelighter
I did not know which forum to post this in so I picked this one. I have one ounce of Red veined sumatra Kratom. I have hear and read about various ways to make FS tinctures and resin, but I am hving a hard time finding out how to make an extract as a powder. I know there are many ways to make an extract with various alcohols and even water, each of which yields more or less of certain alkaloids. Does anyone here know how I can take this 28 grams and created and extract the alkaloids from it so that I do not have to take so much powder at once?

Because most of the good alkaloids are destroyed at temperatures above 70%-80% it's quite hard to do anything meaningful in your kitchen. Best just to make tea with it imo. Just make sure the water isn't too hot and repeat over and over with the same ground up leaves until the liquor is nearly clear. Combine all and drink. If you end up with a lot of liquid, you could always reduce the volume by very gently heating to evaporate some water. Again, do not boil it otherwise you'll lose a lot of the good stuff.

Acid/base extraction is the way to go to get pure alkaloids.

Thank you for the responses. I usually do a toss n wash. but its starting to get irritating. i like the way it hits with a tnw better than making a tea. i used to get extracts and FSTs from a reliable site but it was just too much money so i started getting just powdered leaf. im honestly surprised ive never gotten sick from kratom yet. earlier I tnw'ed 13 grams. it was annoying and i got some in my trachea. but i paid 80% less for this ounce + 5 grams of powdered leaf than i paid for 3 grams of supposed 15x bali powder. i still love the tinctures the best tho, just too damn expensive. I think ive had my fun with kratom though. I may keep this oz around incase i run out of my real meds early. stuffs a life saver in withdrawals.

on some of the kratom forums there are some decent guides that involve methanol. It seems tricky to extract the alkaloids from kratom; many vendors can't even do it properly. To get the powder I think you'll have to take a liquid extract and throw it on powdered leaf, like an enhanced leaf. Probably just easiest to buy it that way. I'm pretty sure most of the vendors buy their extracts from similar sources instead of making it themselves, as it is that much of a hassle. I've tried many extracts/enhanced leaf/tinctures and haven't ever been really impressed, half the time I end up sick or not feeling anything at all and they are overpriced. Given that it's a pain in the ass to extract I'm not sure why vendors even bother, they should just get synthed 4-aco/4-hydroxy mitryganine and 9 methoxy-corynantheidine and throw it on plain leaf lol.

on some of the kratom forums there are some decent guides that involve methanol. It seems tricky to extract the alkaloids from kratom; many vendors can't even do it properly. To get the powder I think you'll have to take a liquid extract and throw it on powdered leaf, like an enhanced leaf. Probably just easiest to buy it that way. I'm pretty sure most of the vendors buy their extracts from similar sources instead of making it themselves, as it is that much of a hassle. I've tried many extracts/enhanced leaf/tinctures and haven't ever been really impressed, half the time I end up sick or not feeling anything at all and they are overpriced. Given that it's a pain in the ass to extract I'm not sure why vendors even bother, they should just get synthed 4-aco/4-hydroxy mitryganine and 9 methoxy-corynantheidine and throw it on plain leaf lol.

I completely agree with that last part. And I also believe that most supposed "pure" extracts are in fact enhanced leaf. I have yet to get sick from Kratom, Yesterday I gave in and just took the powder toss n wash style. Over a period of maybe 3 hours, I tnwed at least 18 grams of the powder. It was sumatra red vein, and 5grams of it was green malay. Needless to say, I felt ripped off. I know that plain leaf powder is not going to do much, but i expected something. I mean, i dont know what sumatra is supposed to be, but it smelled like Thai. (to me Thai has a very unique odor). Anyway, I didnt even get sick off that. I was worried this morning because the thought went into my head that "I TNWed 18 GRAMS of POWDERED leaf... WTF?" I did have a stomach ache this morning but everything cleared out so to speak.
Kratom did well in keeping me out of WDs, I saw my doc today and got OP20s and roxi15s. I was supposed to be taking 15mg every 6 hours. then i go today and he write that and as im leaving he says "Oh wait, come here for one more sec" and he writes another script (I was thinking maybe soma, flexeril, valium.. etc) but it was for OC 20s. 2 a day. Why would he randomly prescribe that to me? I didnt mention anything about round the clock care, and as far as he knows, I didnt run out of pills.

I completely agree with that last part. And I also believe that most supposed "pure" extracts are in fact enhanced leaf. I have yet to get sick from Kratom, Yesterday I gave in and just took the powder toss n wash style. Over a period of maybe 3 hours, I tnwed at least 18 grams of the powder. It was sumatra red vein, and 5grams of it was green malay. Needless to say, I felt ripped off. I know that plain leaf powder is not going to do much, but i expected something. I mean, i dont know what sumatra is supposed to be, but it smelled like Thai. (to me Thai has a very unique odor). Anyway, I didnt even get sick off that. I was worried this morning because the thought went into my head that "I TNWed 18 GRAMS of POWDERED leaf....

i have a bunch of sumatra red vein, I guess i'm sensitive to it as i've thrown up plenty of times from 10grams. I couldn't imagine tnw'ing 18 grams, i tried to tnw a tablespoon of it once and it was pretty gross lol. My pupils get pinpoint and i usually get a decent high from as little as 5grams. My stuff smells like tea and tastes very bitter.

I haven't heard of any experiences with the synthetics, also i meant 7-hydroxy/aco mitragynine lol terrible memory, i had the chance to purchase some but missed out on it, i'm really interested in how it compares to the FST and other extracts/isolates. All the info I find is on the isolated chems, which are probably just shitty extracts.

Within two weeks I will be able to test some of these supposed "isolates". I will test the a claimed 95% Mitragynine (Isolate). supposedly its 100mg per 8mL of liquid in the tincture. There are claims about some isolates saying that by using a process known as "column chromatography", The alkaloid iisolated has been 'verified' to a "Mitragynine Picartrate reference sample." sounds like a lot of hooplah, but there is a good rep with their claims. also I will be obtaining the Synthesized Analogue of 7-Hydroxy Mitragynine known as 7-Acetoxy Mitragynine. again supposedly 100mg of these isolated alkaloids per 8mL of liquid. Then finally, I will order supposed 7Hydroxymitragynine itself. my guess is that they used everclear and that all of these tincture isolates are just the results of different alkaloids being extrtacted at various lengths of time. so im guessing that IF this is even real, then aside from that 100mg of whatever extract, the remeainder of the 8 mL is probably straight up ever clear. Ehh..... ahhahaha, I just now decided that Im not going to get any of these supposed pure isolated alkaloids. One reason being is that fact that I have heard and read a lot of opinions, and the fast majority say stick with the full spectrum of alkaloids rather than just one like 7OHM. supposedly 7-Hydroxy Mitragynine is 17 times more potent than morphine, so wehn ppl see that, instant sales pitch. I wish I could extract the pure oxycodone from roxies as wel as the OP contins. Pure oxycodone HcL would be so nice. anyone know how to convert (chemicaly) oxycodone to become oxymorphone?

^ sure, eat oxycodone and you'll piss out oxymorphone ;)

Beyond that, synthesis discussion is not allowed.

Strange, I never felt much from pure Mytragynine or the 7-HO-Mytragynine & 7-ACO-Mytragynine, or even kratom powder itself..

Strange, I never felt much from pure Mytragynine or the 7-HO-Mytragynine & 7-ACO-Mytragynine, or even kratom powder itself..

It all depends on where you get it from, if they're reliable, and how the extracts are made. I have had good luck with different types of Kratom and extracts. And from a reliable vendor, I have actually just ordered 1 gram of a Kratom extract. yea, one gram. But of that one gram, 850mg is pure alkaloids. Of that 850mg, 55% is pure Mitragynine and the other 45% is pure 7-Hydroxy Mitragynine. I did all the math and conversions based on what research I found (in regards to 7hydroxy Mitragynine being 17 times stronger than morphine). And I calculated that a mere 3.4 mg of this extract i ordered, should be equal (in terms of pain relief) to what I am currently prescribed every 6 hours for breakthrough pain. The math I did and assumptions I made (as I have previously written and calculated on a different site) are as follows...

in 1/2 gram of this extract, 85% is alkaloids (by weight). and of that 85%; 45% is 7-Hydroxy Mitragynine and 55% is Mitragynine.
So in this post, I will demonstrate how strong a pain reliever this should be compared to morphine.
so first, 85% of 500mg = 425mg.
So 425mg of this particular extract is pure alkaloids.
55% of 425 = 233.75mg and
45% of 425mg = 191.25mg.
So far we have 233.75mg of pure Mitragynine and we have 191.25mg of pure 7-Hydroxy Mitragynine.

Research shows that 7-Hydroxy Mitragynine is 17 times more potent than morphine, and 30 times more potent than the Mitragynine alkaloid.

Based on this assumtion, we do the following calculations:
If 7-hydroxy Mitragynine has a 17:1 ratio to morphine:
191.25mg(17) = 3251.25mg (meaning 191.25mg of this mixture it is equal to 3251.25mg or morphine)
and 7-Hydroxy Mitragynine is 30 x more potent than Mitragynine

191.25mg(30) = 5737.5mg(meaning it is equal to 5737.5mg of Mitragynine)
Using this we have determined that 5737.5mg of Mitragynine = 3251.25mg of morphine.

Thus Morphine is ~.57 times stronger than Mitragynine.

Now for the rest of our Mitragynine calculations:
We have 233.75mg of Mitragynine in this, we can convert that to 7HM here
233.75mg/(30) = ~7.79 So we take [7.79(17)] = 132.43mg
So 233.75mg Mitragynine roughly = 132.43mg Morphine

So by these calculations and estimates, this 425mg mixture of Mitragynine and 7-Hydroxy Mitragynine is roughly the same potency that would be found in 3383.68mg of Morphine. As long as my calculations were correct.
Using everyone's favorite opiate converter; it shows that 3383.68mg of Morphine(oral) = 2255.79mg oxycodone (oral)

Essentially 425mg of this particular extract could potentially be equal to 2255.79 mg of Oxycodone
To make further calculations easier, we will just go ahead and say that the remaining 75mg has no value and we will just say that
500mg of this extract = 2255.79 mg of Oxycodone
My current prescribed dose of oxycodone is 15mg PO q6h PRN for breakthrough pain
so if we divide our oxycodone estimate like this 2255.79mg/(15) = 150.386
It tells us that there are approx. 150 doses of 15mg oxycodone within this 500mg powdered Kratom extract. So I divide 500mg by 150 doses to get
500/(150) = 3.33333 and this means that
~3.34mg of this extract = 15mg of oxycodone

I just hope that the research papers I read are correct, and that the vendor is accurately displaying the alkaloid content; because if that is the case, then my calculations will in fact be correct. I will post an update tomorrow once I receive my order. But yea, Id swear by certain types of Kratom. You just have to find the right vendor or make your own extracts.

^ that would make for an amazing deal, i've never heard of anyone having such success though. Even with the expensive FSTs, people's experiences vary, still would love to know how it works out. I've consumed 150mg of what was supposed to be pure mitragynine, didn't do anything lol. It was also just an isolate, i wish i could sample a synthed version without having to pay for it to see if there's a difference.

^ that would make for an amazing deal, i've never heard of anyone having such success though. Even with the expensive FSTs, people's experiences vary, still would love to know how it works out. I've consumed 150mg of what was supposed to be pure mitragynine, didn't do anything lol. It was also just an isolate, i wish i could sample a synthed version without having to pay for it to see if there's a difference.

I just received my package and am about to try it out. I received not only the 1 gram of what I described above, they also sent me 1 gram (in three capsules) of Super Enhanced Maeng Da, which is supposedly stronger than ultra enhanced indo. I will post my results once I take some of this 7OHM extract.

Sorry for the delay, I did receive my 7-OHM powder, 1gram. it seemed VERY active at 25mg. I was very surprised. I have recently found a mitragynine picartate isolate, I am trying to find out if it has to come in a tincture, or if can be given in powdered form. If it supposedly is a picartate, and salts can be railed, in theory that means the Mit. picartate could be railed right? I usually stick to tinctures as a whole though. I found a vendor that provides no just FSTs, but FSTs made only from Maeng Da leaves. and it contains 300grams of leave per 2mL. now THAT was strong. I am just not fond of the strong ass alcohol uin the tinctures.

Sorry for the delay, I did receive my 7-OHM powder, 1gram. it seemed VERY active at 25mg. I was very surprised. I have recently found a mitragynine picartate isolate, I am trying to find out if it has to come in a tincture, or if can be given in powdered form. If it supposedly is a picartate, and salts can be railed, in theory that means the Mit. picartate could be railed right? I usually stick to tinctures as a whole though. I found a vendor that provides no just FSTs, but FSTs made only from Maeng Da leaves. and it contains 300grams of leave per 2mL. now THAT was strong. I am just not fond of the strong ass alcohol uin the tinctures.
Geister, if you would be so kinda as to add me, i would like to discuss this topic with you futher in private.

To make a kratom resin.and to get most or hopefully all the alkaloids out,cant you just do a.water.extraction.keepinh.the temp.under.150° ...Then use the same kratom and make and alcohol extraction and.then combine.the.dried final product for a 'close-to-full spectrum extract?

Ok but is the hydroxymitra attached to a hydrochloride chain? That might have something to do with roa potency. Just a guess.

Thank you I NUK3D U!

The information about the alkaloids getting destroyed at temperatures above 70 - 80 degrees Celsius is very helpful. I should have guessed that but I'd been just using boiling water to make a "tea". Controlling the temperature I get much better results. :)

Now, I add a little cool water first, then put in a meat thermometer and add boiling water by funnel watching to make sure the temperature doesn't get above 150 degrees Fahrenheit. After adding the hot water I also occasionally add 1/16 tsp ascorbic acid and always add 1/8 tsp citric acid for each teaspoon fine powdered Kratom. I then add a Teflon coated magnetic stirring rod and put the bottle on a magnetic stirrer for awhile before filtering with a gold metal coffee filter. I use the first pull when I want a more noticeable effect, and I reprocess the filtrate for use as a simple analgesic.

I buy the ascorbic acid and citric acid from a bulk powder supplement vendor and I was also using l-malic acid too but I ran out of it.

I am hesitant to do any regular acid / base alkaloid extraction since I've never seen good consistent results reported. Considering the problems I've read about, it seems chromatography might be the best way to separate the alkaloids but that would take more research. It would be nice if the good alkaloids fluoresced under UV light because then it would be easy to spot them in the chromatographic column, but I've never seen any report yet that they would fluoresce.

Last edited: